My 2.0 Mjölner-Build :) (updated: 13.7.2015)

My current Mjölner-Build

I updated the Skilltrees. The gear/stats/auras are still old.

Why/When should you play this Build?
The Build is pretty cheap for a Mjölner Build. When I looked for a Build I just found Crit/LowLife Versions that no one can afford. Everything (except Mjölner of course) is not expensive, so this build is right for you if you have sold everything you got for a Mjölner :D

My Gear:

Spoiler
---

My Gear isn't very expensive and there are a lot of upgrades i could buy. But i'm poor :/

My current tree: (Lvl 94)

You can get more strength and dexterity when required. Also consider taking the Powercharges when using a Romiras. This is a crit Mjölner skilltree.

This is the non-crit Version:

Auras with this tree: Wrath/Purity of Lightning/Herald of Thunder.

My current stats:

Life: -
Mana: -
Resistances: -
Movementspeed: -
Attackspeed (Lightning Strike): -
Attackspeed (Molten Strike): -
Shockchance on Arc: -

Bandit Rewards:

Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Kraityn (attackspeed)/or kill all (skillpoint)
Merciless: Alira (powercharge)/or kill all (skillpoint)
Note: If you're playing without Romira's Banquet and with 2 Arcs in the Mjölner you take the Skillpoint at merciless of course!

Gems:

---

Important Items:

-Mjölner (~40ex)
of course :)

-Romira's Banquet (2ex)
You can play without Romiras and use 2 Arcs in the Mjölner but your single target dps will suck. With the Discharge you have insane AOE and single target damage.

-Lightning Coil (5Link: 2ex)
I really like Lightning Coil for this build. You will be very very tanky and it's really cheap. You also get the Colours really easy.

-Attack speed on the gloves is also nice to have.

[-Doryani's Invitation + Lightning Leech Amu (~2ex)
You definetely need those when you're not using the Life Leech gem.
]

Atziri viable?

Yes you can kill Atziri with this Build. But there are better Builds for killing Atziri cheap and quick. I really like RaizQT's Righteous Fire Incinerator Build

Uber Atziri viable?

I think you can kill Uber. A Saffell's Frame or a Rise of the Phoenix and Level 23 Purities are required in my opinion. But i have never tried Uber, I don't know how hard it actually is. When I get some money in the future I will try Uber with this Build.

Add me ingame/post something here if you have more questions!

Last edited by CodenameRaptor on Jul 13, 2015, 2:52:56 PM
This build looks pretty good for me to try Mjolnir without dumping lots of currency! But some questions though:

Why running purity of fire and tempest shield? Since there is no voll devotion the discharge won't doing any fire damage. With the block nerf tempest shield seem weak too.

Should i focus on armor, evasion or es when gearing? Possible to grab EB and run clarity and use CoD instead of lightning coil?
Purity of Fire and Tempest Shield are both not required. They are completely optional. You can also use Herald of Ice for more damage but you will definetely have enough damage :)
I wouldn't focus on Evasion because in my opinion it's useless without the acrobatics passive (dodge chance). Armor and ES are both nice to have.
When you're playing with Eldritch Battery you should focus on ES. With Clarity and Cloak of Defiance are also an option, but i like the Lightning Coil more because you're using Purity of Lightning anyway. When i got my Mjölner i also played with Eldritch. But like i said i prefer the Lightning Coil.
Another Advantage: You can get the Colors for the Link easier on the Coil :)
Tried a EB MOM build, work like a blast so far! My tree if anyone interested.

By the way I noticed that the thunder strike from Herald of Thunder can get power charges for you (with romina equipped). That means you can reach the 3 power charges cap very fast. So taking extra power charge in the tree will potentially increase the dps?
Wow i actually never noticed that herald of thunder gives you powercharges. The additional powercharge in the tree is definetely an option. But you can also consider taking a powercharge from the banditlord alira in merciless.
Nice to hear that your version is working that well!

Edit: After testing a bit i don't think herald of thunder gives you powercharges. But Skills like Vengeance give you powercharges on hit and Vengeance can also trigger the gems in the Mjölner.
Last edited by CodenameRaptor on Jan 7, 2015, 5:15:11 PM
Bandits?

can i use belly and no lightning coil? i want use that for more life and ress , what you think?
Oh right, i totally forgot the bandits :/ Sorry this is my first guide :)

Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Kraityn (attackspeed)/or kill all (skillpoint)
Merciless: Alira (powercharge)/or kill all (skillpoint)
Note: If you're playing without Romira's Banquet and with 2 Arcs in the Mjölner you take the Skillpoint at merciless of course!

Belly gives you a lot of life. The 30-40% life is awesome because of all that flat life you gain with 400 strength.
But i would recommend a Lightning Coil or if you're playing with EB you can use a Cloak of Defiance. But i prefer the Lightning Coil because you're using Purity of Lightning anyways against reflect.
HI,
Ty for your Guide im really enyoing your build in tornment,but i have one question why dont you take 2 more power charges from the tree ? they would be easy accessable
nice build indeed enjoying your Mjölner-Build that i just got my Mjölner :)
Last edited by Wildenemy on Jan 14, 2015, 9:33:39 PM
Nice to hear that you are enjoying the build :)
The Powercharges are an option, you can try it out of course. My Skilltree is not the one and only solution, feel free to modify it so that it fits your playstyle. But i'm adding a note about the powercharges because they're definetely an nice option :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info