Aleou's 15 EX Budget CI Kinetic Blast Elemental Wander

ok this was a project of mine since 1.2. I was still relatively new at the game and wanted to make an elemental wander who used piscator's vigil and was CI based. Before 1.3 we had no kinetic blast so any wander's aoe options were limited to power siphon + gmp + chain which made it extremely mana intensive. Since CI characters cannot use Eldritch battery it required me to gather extremely expensive gear just to manage my mana. Biggest problems i had to entangle were

1. Lack of Gem sockets due to turning ps into an aoe already cost me 3 while reducing base damage to 1/4th of the original value.
2. Life/Mana Sustenance problems due not having options outside of curses and gems. (No decent elemental leech available anywhere)
3. Requires high level character.
4. Limited dps

With the introduction of KB we fixed 3 of the 4 problems we had. But we still need a high level character to be effective. Also this build is great at parties because we are guaranteed to give %50 effectiveness lvl24 elemental auras. You'll significantly increase the dps of everyone in party. Conduit also close enough in our tree so we can easily include it for party power charge and frenzy generation through blood rage. Also discipline from another party member can increase our ES up to 9k+!

Lets see what the build is about

Gear Requirements

1. Piscator's Vigil
2. RRRB Vertex (or Geofri's crest as cheaper option)
3. 5 LINK 600 ES CHEST
4. Empower Lvl 3
5. Heavy belt with 68+ total STR
6. Eye of chayula (optional)

Piscator is cheap as hell, a RRRB vertex will cost 4-5 ex on average though u may find better deals. Alternatively, you can use geofri's crest unique to put your gems in until vertex. It gives good amount of resists, and +1 to gems we need, and its ridicilously easy to roll RRRB on it. An emp 3 is 2-2.5 ex and finding a good chest and 5 linking it will cost us 4-4.5 ex on average as well.

We require 112 total str for option of having lvl21 red mana. Which is easily mended through a good heavy belt. 35 dexterity we need, we can get from a ring or amulet or even chest piece if you use a hybrid like me.

Most important stats on gear are weapon elemental damage and mana regeneration. We only need about 150 mana regen from gear(for 6link, for 5 it should be less, u'll need to see but aim high for it) which is not too hard to find since we are very flexible on gear otherwise. Rest fill with Resistance and mana is nice now and then.

Now, we gain most of our dps through 2 auras; wrath and anger both of which are empowered. Thus we need a vertex. It gives us same level increase as alpha's howl since we also use an empower gem which also benefits from +1 and vertex gives unattainably high amount of evasion and energy shield. That leaves us lvl24 auras as a base damage. We gain %48 increased aura effectiveness through our tree which is a multipler as well. We get "Inner force" from the tree which is another %21 multiplier as auras are counted as buffs.

I also use Clarity level 10 linked to a reduced mana + elemental weakness on our shield to help with our mana problems. My 6 link requires 54 mana with almost 3 attacks per second. Thus i need 150 mana regen. Which is achieavable with lvl 10 clarity + tree + 150% mana reg through gear (mine comes from shield and 2 rings.). While i dont have too much mana to play around, its enough that i can cast 17 times before i do autoattack, and can cast my curse with no problem. Although, we need to remove clarity entirely and rely on warlord's mark on half mana regen maps.

Gem Setup

KB + LMP + WED + PCoC + Life Leech ( Crit Multi / Added lightning)

you may also use a seperate 4 link on Power siphon as a power charge generator and swap PCoC with crit multiplier gem.

I personally prefer LMP to GMP because it roughly gives about same dps on packs and doesnt spread as much so there is a strong shotgun effect. Also 3 main projectiles + 12 explosions seems good enough for me.

Currently i use KB / LMP / WED / PCoC / Crit Multi / Life leech. I do around 38K dps with lvl25 auras + power charges, which is imo decent enough while having 6.5K ES without discipline. You should be able to do 22k dps easy with 5link or around 30k if u opt to go power siphon as your power charge generator. Also we use Elemental weakness as our auras, you can add warlord's mark as your backup curse, if you have a gem slot free.

My Gear

Bandits

Normal: Skill Point
Cruel: Kraityn (8 attack speed is great dps boost)
Merciless: Alira (sweet power charges :)

Skill Tree LvL90

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAGyVLrukC34rZW20Zpys1uRFQHU9ZvPZbxSgtHz9zvu7JRMfKmmEUsIIewfOVIM5wCaBs53NwwnOfiLjKO3wPxKKjLL_BxX_GVmMV14auL2_ZE3C77BgOSBGWXfJfatvnRwby4WNDcFKJ03DV8-oqC7VIES_rY5maH0EGIwMeFr_LveaBB2OMNvv1tDjlGUV8l5dQMEyztAyTJxzcKlNilbJwgwlGcR2q4YhXyQ186rrGnhB_DH2Cxyj6-eiApFXWZOcXL_rSHRSPRqcIuJPr7kKjJLB-WSep

Playstlye

First of all this is a cheap build, you should not expect to mindlessly roll through everything. We are rather squishy but on the other hand quite agile. In soloing, our dps will be enough for everything(havent tried atziri yet). But you should never try to take on packs too large with a vulnerability mod map. If you get swamped(chargers and devourers are dangerous). I also highly recommend using eye of chayula. In solo, you'll do the tanking and having unrestiricted agility is worth our amulet slot.

In groups only thing u need to worry about is reflect packs (our dps is high enough to one-shot ourselves on big packs). I also use a Rumi / Topaz / Atziri flask all at once against packs to safely deal with any unexpected reflect issues, also have Vaal Discipline to pop when our ES gets too low or just pop at each shrine when doing 78 domination runs. You'll have it up again before the pack dies anyways.

Mods we cannot do are
Blood Magic (duh)
Elemental Reflect
No Mana Regen

I also strongly recommend either Cwdt/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call/Increased Duration or Cast when Stunned/Decoy Totem/Summon Skeletons as your emergency passive setup. I found both very effective. I recommend using a dps amulet on groups but eye of chayula on soloing. You'll also require that if u intend to do atziri runs. Also Vaal Discipline is highy recomended as it doubles my ES for decent duration.

This is the first build i've ever made from scratch. The build is almost exactly same from 1.2, just with the new skills i altered my path a little bit. Another option is to use mana nodes near witch power charge, and move from there to reach templar aura cluster and Inner Force.

This build can do every map and carry his own weight in groups including 78s. Although u need to be careful about stuns, and try not to be on vanguard as you can still die if you get cornered. Dps may lack somewhat for 77+ in groups but still very much doable. I'd upload some videos, but i have a 4 year old machine and have not done any video editing, neither do i have any programs required.

I'd like to see any feedback towards improving the build, if there are people with similar specs. Post here about what you think and what was the challenges u had to overcome when you made your build.
Last edited by Fistaniderya on Jan 16, 2015, 1:13:17 PM
up
reserved
looking good, will follow and see what happens with ur build :)
thanks man, ive been currently busy with another build which showed much more promise then this, probably gonna kill atziri with 10 ex worth of gear. First time i've been carrying groups with that kind of gear. Will turn my attention to this after thats done though :)) cheers
Interesting.
Last edited by LtGnar on Jan 25, 2015, 6:22:19 AM
Hey Fistaniderya,

Nice build, I'm making a CI ele blaster at the moment as well. Currently level 88 and it seems really strong. What's your tooltip DPS for Kinetic Blast?
I've got mana problems. And if i want to farm without it i must run mana leech gem too...
Dont see videos about the build how goes.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info