[1.3] CRIT ARC/STORMCALL WITCH - Torment League CHEAP Atziri Farmer - Atziri Kill Video Added!

"
YJShin wrote:
"
I will definitely be skipping the reflect maps from here on out. Unless I change out my wand which has 10.48 crit chance, or drastically modify the tree points.

the local crit chance on your wand has nothing to do with the critical strike chance of the spell, local crit only applies to attacks made with the weapon (barrage, power siphon, kinetic blast for wands)

I was actually referring to a 97% crit chance for spells my current wand has, which, I know I did not previously mention, just the crit chance.

I do have a Doryani's Catalyst but my current wand actually shows more dps on the stats, and more spell crit and since we are not really using the elemental proliferation on the included gems slots did not think it would be a better choice at this point. If I am wrong, please advise as to why. The Life leech and physical damage are the only things I can see would be an advantage of using the Doryani's. I have not tested it out yet, but will at a later time as I am still leveling up the witch who is at 82.

I am following this thread so do check on it every few days. This is the first time I have made any attempt at a critical strike character of any kind, so it is all new to me at the moment, learning what does affect what and what boosts it.
I do see the note about IC and it's features. I am carrying around a flask now for those times when reflect becomes involved. I also am using a Life leech gem in my CoD, it is currently at lv 18 so has a couple more ticks for max.

All in all though a fun character to play, even though I have to be a bit careful at times.

Last edited by Viperface on Jan 6, 2015, 1:02:43 AM
yes the 97% crit roll on the wand will improve spell crit, but the 10.48 crit roll (coming from the 31% local crit you have on the wand) doesn't do anything at all to spells.

Your wand gets more dps than catalyst, but you will get more dps if you use catalyst + lightning doryani and drop life leech gem and use crit multi gem instead. Of course the best would be to have a 5t1 spell/castspeed/crit wand with crafted lightning leech, as I've stated in the guide catalyst is by no means BIS. It just happens to have decent damage and the 1% leech is very very useful, allowing us to drop the life leech gem in the chest.

is there a levelin breakdown for this build?

what to go for first? what gems that sort of thing?

Tryin out a witch tbh this build looks awesome. Kinda like that video u showed , is that a templar tho?

For lvling get eldritch battery and head strait over to templar side of the tree first. Then finish off by completing the shadow side of the tree at higher lvls.
"
YJShin wrote:
yes the 97% crit roll on the wand will improve spell crit, but the 10.48 crit roll (coming from the 31% local crit you have on the wand) doesn't do anything at all to spells.

Your wand gets more dps than catalyst, but you will get more dps if you use catalyst + lightning doryani and drop life leech gem and use crit multi gem instead. Of course the best would be to have a 5t1 spell/castspeed/crit wand with crafted lightning leech, as I've stated in the guide catalyst is by no means BIS. It just happens to have decent damage and the 1% leech is very very useful, allowing us to drop the life leech gem in the chest.

I'll have to give that a go then and see how it does, I'll probably lose some of my elemental resists as my current belt has all 3 resists, but I'm still maxed at 75, so it will only affect the overcapped resists.
Would this build work without the crit or with the Keystone passive mind over matter instead?
So is there a video of atziri kill? I'm blid apparently.
I'm having a dilemma concerning what weapon to use. Do you guys think it's better to go with a wand with cast speed or to go with a dagger (like golden kriss) for the extra crit but lose the cast speed? I realize it's a question of taste, preference etc, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.
Hi Im currently playing on bloodlines league, how viable is this on HC? or should i stick to a non-crit build?
wands > dagger in terms of dps, cast speed will give a lot more dps than the dagger's implicit crit (assuming all other stats are the same)

This build is hardcore viable (maybe not HC atziri viable unless u take more HP and use ec/ic for trio)
since it has a pretty large hp pool with COD and if u want you can drop crit to be safer vs reflect (tho I wouldn't say its neccessary).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info