[1.3 HC]Triple Storm Call Totems Crit with Three Dragons

"
What does this build have over flame totem or other type spell totem builds?

I already played flame totem and shockwave totem but this one was the funniest.
It deals great dammage and you can freeze everything.

"
Now 70 and still doing fine, the area dmg is just insane and it froze almost everything.

I'm glad this is working well for you ! Crit damage start to really shine around lvl 70 when you can take all the important crit nodes in the tree.
Any update ?
---
Gah ... level 60 now but i still can't afford a 5L soul mantle :)

Would it make sense to use spell echo with storm call?
Spell echo doesnt work with totems.

I had my 5L soul mantle only around lvl 80 and it was fine without increase aoe.
Thanks, clear.

Any reason you use ice spear for building crits? Would ethereal knives, arc, sparks work just as well?
Trying a setup now with Curse on Hit / Eth Knives / Power Charge on Crit /Temporal Chains. Works nice as it both builds up power charges and puts on TC curse.

These are the items i'm currently using. I'm trying to find a balance between survival and MF here :)
Only item left is the soul mantle. I have a 6 socket one, but already spend 50 fuses on getting a 5-link ... still nothing. I use the claw and belt for a bit of healing and more defense.

The only thing that i'm going to swap out now is the arctic armor though ... keeps running me out of mana, really annoying. Will go for molten shell or frostwall instead.
Last edited by MarlonB on Jun 3, 2015, 1:46:35 AM
"
Any reason you use ice spear for building crits? Would ethereal knives, arc, sparks work just as well?

Ice spear have a 600% bonus crit chance if you are far enough si it's a very god way to gain charges with power charge on crit

"
I have a 6 socket one, but already spend 50 fuses on getting a 5-link ... still nothing.

You can play this build with a 4L sould mantle and try to 5L when you will have a big pack of fusing.

"
The only thing that i'm going to swap out now is the arctic armor though ... keeps running me out of mana, really annoying. Will go for molten shell or frostwall instead.

You should play artic armour only if you can sustain it and find the right level for it.
ES on stuff + EB are needed to easly play with it.
Ofcourse, that makes the icespear a lot more usefull :)

I've bought me a 5-link soul mantle now (gave up on trying to 5 link it myself :) ) and ran a few maps yesterday. I have two issues with this build.

A) The delay of stormcall ... mobs come after me before it starts casting. Probably a matter of practice, better positioning etc.
b) Ran into a Lightning resist Necromancer ... the 3 totems couldn't kill it. I probably should have brought a vulnerability curse here.

I like the build a lot though ... but so far i find it easier with arc totems then stormcall totems.
A lot harder to play now with the 8 second totems :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info