Top Free to Play Games...

Try League of Legends. Its nice.
"
RodHull wrote:
"
It usually ends up crashing because the Devs want some sort of drastic change and ruin the game in the process. ie. Star Wars Galaxies NGE/CU move.

Little known fact, SWG was actually failing long before Sony gimped the game with the NGE. Sony in fact only tried the whole NGE thing cause player numbers were dropping so dramatically that they felt they needed to redesign the whole thing cause it was fatally flawed. Sadly a hardcore of a few hundred players who love a game are not enough to keep the servers running, that was the reality of where SWG was headed.

Ironically the NGE just sped the process of death up rather than preventing it, but its a common myth that SWG was fine before the NGE it wasnt, it was dieing badly.

I'd have to disagree. There was still a pretty solid player base before the CU hit and some large scale PvP action (at least on my server). CU is where it took the absolute turn for the worst and went on the path of no return. The NGE just sealed the deal.
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.
didnt really play any of those games, but was really into the age of empires online until people got gay with it. still play against the computer every once in a while for good old times.
"
postosuchus wrote:
didnt really play any of those games, but was really into the age of empires online until people got gay with it. still play against the computer every once in a while for good old times.

You know, I never did try the PvP. There's flavor of the month tactics with that game that will give you a win almost every time. Once you master it, there's really no point.

I mainly stuck to the campaign and tweak the look of my empire.
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info