[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I consider myself lazy. And was interested in making a shield character work. And so far this has worked well enough. Resists are maxed. HP regeneration is up there. However, cleave dps is low but still good enough to get by. Heavy blow does well too. I really only made this guy to get a purity gem but now I am curious to see how well he does.

Like most builds normal has been a walk in the park.
"
Ravaloft wrote:
I consider myself lazy. And was interested in making a shield character work. And so far this has worked well enough. Resists are maxed. HP regeneration is up there. However, cleave dps is low but still good enough to get by. Heavy blow does well too. I really only made this guy to get a purity gem but now I am curious to see how well he does.

Like most builds normal has been a walk in the park.

Good to hear from a fellow lazy Templar!

With Cleave you might want to get a life gain on hit support gem and level it up - works great with that. Might try Cyclone too, I tried it and it seems like fun and decent DPS (just my subjective impression).

Keep us posted on your progress!
Updated the original post today with info on how to craft a suitable 35% blocking shield for the build.
Nice break down of how to make the shield. Personally I use the unique shield that has %40 chance to block, and some to max life and some other stuff.

"
Ravaloft wrote:
Nice break down of how to make the shield. Personally I use the unique shield that has %40 chance to block, and some to max life and some other stuff.

Excellent choice for this build. If I ever find one, I'll probably use it as well! :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Ravaloft wrote:

Excellent choice for this build. If I ever find one, I'll probably use it as well! :)

You can buy one dirt cheap for like a chaos or two. Basically bypasses the whole lvl 46 crafting process completely and gives you an amazing shield until the next unique at lvl 60+.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
The tentacle titties kicked my ads on cruel. Not sure what happened. Maybe I was tired and not paying attention. Going to try again tonight with temporal chains. Then again besides the shield my gear is spectacularly awful.
Last edited by Ravaloft on Apr 4, 2013, 11:00:03 AM
"
Ravaloft wrote:
The tentacle titties kicked my ads on cruel. Not sure what happened. Maybe I was tired and not paying attention. Going to try again tonight with temporal chains. Then again besides the shield my gear is spectacularly awful.

I think I was about maxed on resists throughout Cruel. It's important in my opinion. The two +15 Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield nodes are a must. I also headed down into the duelist area fairly early for the 15 resists node there.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 4, 2013, 4:20:34 PM
After much thought and internal debate, my updated build has been posted in the original post.

While there are a few compromises relative to the previous version, this new version adds several nice bonuses that are together more desirable than the things we gave up.

Namely, the Arrow Dodging keystone which provides approximately 60% chance to avoid arrows and projectiles, Inner Force notable to substantially improve the effects of our auras, 45% shock duration and 20% chance to shock to beef up our Tempest Shield damage, 5% more max life, 30% more fire resist, 15% chance to avoid status ailments, and 30% improved flask recovery speed.

I also added a section to the OP regarding the skill gems required.
Level 57 - killed Merveil in Merciless difficulty for the first time. She was a challenge with less than perfect resists, but nothing a few portal scrolls could not fix. (Popped into town to recharge the life potions a few times.) Now in Act 2. Noticed that I am not out-leveling the content for the first time. For example, the The Cave area is level 61 and I'm only 57. I may need to stop progression and farm a couple of levels. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info