WTF MAP DROP NERFED?

"
rrtson wrote:
"
OleOlof wrote:
During last state of exile podcast, Chris said that he isnt happy about so many high level maps are dropping currently. So better enjoy the current map drops....it wont get better. :D

What's Chris's problem? Does he want more people to quit?

He said it in context to the cartographer boxes. In his opinion its to easy to get lots of high level maps out of them.

I personally dont think he is right. You have to use quite much currency to get some good rolls.
The drop of maps is really bad!
There have been no changes to the drop rate of maps.

GGG's usually truthful bros there not blizzard remember that :x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Wouldn't they always be one step behind?

"
Qarl wrote:

I appreciate this reply. Thank you.
"
Qarl wrote:

BAM

P.S. to hawkx. I thought it was pretty funny.
"
Qarl wrote:

map drops have been bad since I think patch 1.0.3 when u increased chance of higher level maps dropping. that was many many months ago and never got anyone from GGG to respond to it. and I documented my map drops for a month and would average a higher level map 1 out of 3 maps. wasn't like that before patch. so Lets blame it on RNG, its always the way out of everything, no one cares to check and see if maybe code got messed up. so instead of saying nothing changed go back 3-4 months to that patch and look at it, its after that patch the map drop threads exploded.

I left for about a month and sine ive been back noticed no change, horrible drops and very very low chance of getting a higher level. Just wish it didn't take 3-4 months to finally get someone from GGG to actually care to respond to this.

I get more maps that are 5-10 levels LOWER than the map im doing that I get maps that are higher level
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
Last edited by gorlace616 on May 7, 2014, 11:30:22 AM
"
paulopc wrote:

Then roll new chars instead of trying to do maps. Then when more acts are out you have lots of chars and probably a better chance of lvling up since the area lvl will probably be higher.
"
"
paulopc wrote:

Then roll new chars instead of trying to do maps. Then when more acts are out you have lots of chars and probably a better chance of lvling up since the area lvl will probably be higher.

I've seen you claiming that a lot of times, and I have a hard time every time I read that, here's why:

1. When A3X came out, areas were lowered to compensate
2. Map drops serve its purpose in the economy, since this is an economy based game, I see no reason why would endgame stop being one pillar of the economy
3. If future acts would provide higher level areas (70+), then why do we have this situation now? Why is the content gated when we don't have those acts, when it doesn't have to be?

Unless future acts would provide higher level areas, but it would be like this:
- You need to find a Key of Lower Hardcoreness to unlock the doors in Act 4 that lead to Act 5, which contains higher level areas, and so forth with the acts (Key of Moderate Hardcoreness unlocks Act 6, etc.)
- The Keys of X Hardcoreness are approximately as rare as mirrors and are trade-able of course
- Once you unlock a certain Act, you have it unlocked permanently

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info