Improved Hailrake Fight in 1.1.3

I asked the designers to make sure he is still "scary" in Cruel and Merciless.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
unkempt wrote:
Redesigning the same fights over and over while never touching the other 90% seems a bit weird.

This one is an important one because it's so early in the game. During later fights, new players have become much more comfortable with what options are available.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Antilogy wrote:
This ruins the "fun" of dying the first time playing this game. It makes for an interesting experience.

Also what others have said, there are other areas of the game that need improvement. There is a growing feeling of a lack of direction and taking the community feedback into consideration from the devs.

The fight will still be challenging, but in a way that allows a new player to work out how to avoid death. The change may look somewhat arbitrary, but the first half an hour of gameplay is a very important period for initial player retention. There have been and will continue to be many changes aimed directly at improving the very start of the game.

I'm sorry that you feel there's a "growing lack of direction" - this must be poor communication on my part. I understand this news post calls out a change that you don't feel is necessary, but it's part of 1.1.3 that we are already able to talk about. There are lots of other important changes on the horizon, but they're not quite firm enough to promise for this specific patch. I was trying to avoid making today's news post just "Remember to try the 48 hour cut-throat event this weekend!" and decided to reveal this small change in 1.1.3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info