PvP Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I know PvP in PoE has a very long way to go still.
Right now it's more of a gimmick but I would like to see it evolve into a second main pillar besides the endgame mapgrinding.

Heres a few suggestions I have come up with that might profoundly improve the PvP System:

1) implementation of a reward system (ie: higher level orbs based on your winning streak)

2) adding more challenge/rewards (ie: uppon death you drop 1 random item of yours)

3) more game modes (ie: Team-Tag, CTF and whatever)

4) more/bigger arenas

tbc
Good ideas, hope GGG will improve pvp considearbly in 1 year period.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
from 10.0 path note

There have been no changes to PvP in this patch. It is still accessible from Act Two Normal (level 28 cap where you can't have entered Cruel difficulty) and Act Two Merciless (Open PvP). In the near future we'll revamp it to add more level brackets and move it to the arenas in Sarn.
I wish you could go hostile to people who leave your party but are still in the same instance
Here's an idea...

You have a message board in town, just like you do for partying up in quests, only this message board shows party groups who are in an Open PvP Battlefield. You can join other people who are already in this battlefield or take your party as well, to the battlefield. The battlefield will hold up to 8 players. You can also lock a battlefield if you want to just play with your buds.

In this Open PvP Battlefield, there will be a sideline where it is safe to stand. No one can harm you on the sidelines, however, when you step pass the line onto the battlefield, its game on for PvP. On the safe sidelines, you can form groups on the fly so people can choose who they want to fight with. This way, you can have multiple groups fighting each other simultaneously. Example: 1v1v2v3v1, 2v3v3, 4v3v1, 7v1, etc... Switching team members would be fast and easy so one second, everyone is stomping on some poor guy and then other people who feel bad, group with him and start bombing on the bullies.

This Open PvP Battlefield can also have randomly generated cover spots, like trees or boulders.

Benefits for the Open PvP Battlefield:

1.) There's no timer.

2.) Its leisure PvP for messing around, trying out PvP builds, smack talking, hanging out etc...

3.) You can spectate and watch others fight. See what other people are using for builds or check out their gear.

4.) Its continuous and never ending so there is really no need for queing up.

5.) It will be very unbalanced, however, this leads to pretty interesting and fresh PvP gameplay.

Just some thoughts.... let me know what you think.

Also, maybe there could be a vendor or 2 on the sidelines?
Last edited by SmoothMackDaddy on Feb 1, 2013, 9:54:54 PM
I think it would be interesting if we might receive some reward for fighting in PvP, I do not speak of something that some advantage, but something cosmetic, maybe a title in own life bar, for example:

5 Wins = Killer
10 Wins = Killer Experienced
100 Wins = Assassin
500 Wins = Master Assassin
10000 Wins = Big motherfucker destroyer of lives

Or something like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info