~|-|~Fiery totems~|-|~ dual Flame totem guide with EB/MoM/ AA (added 67-68 map videos)

"
AnaVite wrote:
400 ish crit multiplier is easily obtainable and will only lose like 1k dps from what I currently have (700). Low life increases the dps of flame totems by a lot and maps are viable if you don't encounter chaos mobs unless you have shavarrones.

your build is cheap and effective but if you have money to blow then go low life + crit :)

yeah low life PA flame totem with shavronnes is totally gonna rock. I plan on doing that when I'm far enough into ambush to have the req currency.

And on low life u can use cast flame totem for about half cost with honorhome helm and couple of reduced mana cost nodes, so the mana cost is not gonna be an issue :)
"
Innuit wrote:
What's your thoughts on going into the Sovereignty nodes in hopes of running Discipline to expand your mana pool thereby increasing your defense and spam casting abilities?

I'm already running discipline and clarity.

With discipline I have 2.5k total mana pool, 1.1k mana unreserved and 225 mana regen/sec.
Without discipline I get 1.8k total mana pool, 1.6k mana unreserved and 194 mana regen/sec.

Currently 225 mana/sec is enough for me to keep up totem spam and compensate for MoM/AA drain. In half regen maps I turn off AA or switch it on only when required. Some %mana regen on jewellery helps a lot with the regen, I get around 100 mana regen from ~50% regen on both rings and amulet.

I don't think 5 points towards soveriegnity won't be needed unless u plan to run a 3rd aura, in which case u might wanna use an alphas as well. Those 5 points will be better served getting more life/mana.

But if u want to go with a 3-4 aura spec, then might be worthwhile to get the sovereignty circle and also the charisma cluster. Not sure how well this will work with the big mana req of flame totem.

I'm testing your guide, I'm on level 43 I expect good results.
What bandit choose?
Greetings
"
Angar wrote:
I'm testing your guide, I'm on level 43 I expect good results.
What bandit choose?
Greetings

Bandits:
Normal - help oak for +40 life
cruel & merciless - kill them all for passive point

Glad u are liking the build. It might feel a bit squishy early on but gets tankier as u level up and get Mind over matter and are able to sustain arctic armor.
I just tested out Three dragons helmet with low life + crit flame totem and the damage is just insane. Pretty much shock and freeze every single mob. So far, map bosses I've encounter have died so fast I couldn't see if they were shocked or not. Piety was near dead before she even started to move. Pretty good item for a huge DPS boost if you can afford losing the ES stats from a helmet.
Anyone switched to this build from Searing Bond? I don't think Flame Totem benefits from burning damage right?

edit: I'm currently using TankyTotems build, but after looking at the lackluster performance of Searing Bond in 70+ map > 2 players, I'm trying to find out if it's worth the full switch. I did try this dual flame totem build with my current one (minus elemental equilibrium of course), and it took me a while to take down Dominus compared to Searing. Has anyone done maps with this dual totem build?

I linked 5 level 16 gems: Flame Totem + GMP + Added Chaos + Fire Penetration + Item Rarity and the damage performance doesn't seem that great, but I have a feeling it could be due to my passive tree. Any comments?
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Mar 24, 2014, 2:58:33 AM
"
AnaVite wrote:
I just tested out Three dragons helmet with low life + crit flame totem and the damage is just insane. Pretty much shock and freeze every single mob. So far, map bosses I've encounter have died so fast I couldn't see if they were shocked or not. Piety was near dead before she even started to move. Pretty good item for a huge DPS boost if you can afford losing the ES stats from a helmet.

Sounds cool!
I want to switch to it asap once I can afford to lose the resists on my current helmet. Dunno how long the shock gonna last without the crit multiplier and dps bonus from PA though.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Anyone switched to this build from Searing Bond? I don't think Flame Totem benefits from burning damage right?

edit: I'm currently using TankyTotems build, but after looking at the lackluster performance of Searing Bond in 70+ map > 2 players, I'm trying to find out if it's worth the full switch. I did try this dual flame totem build with my current one (minus elemental equilibrium of course), and it took me a while to take down Dominus compared to Searing. Has anyone done maps with this dual totem build?

I linked 5 level 16 gems: Flame Totem + GMP + Added Chaos + Fire Penetration + Item Rarity and the damage performance doesn't seem that great, but I have a feeling it could be due to my passive tree. Any comments?

Remove the DoT, burning damage and fire damage nodes and replace them with totem damage nodes. Since added chaos will contribute to around 30% of the total damage dealt by flame totem, even the 8% totem dmg nodes work great. Shamanistic fury/totemic zeal clusters are also good to have.

Also, you should get eldritch battery and MoM, unless u are somehow managing the mana cost of flame totem and have enough survivability without them. Also, it will be near impossible to run AA without eldritch battery.

Might also be a good idea to replace IIR with faster casting and stack IIR on gear instead.
From the look of your passive tree, does not seem impossible to switch to flame totem. Needs around ~16-17 respec points.

I have done upto lvl 70 maps but not higher because I havent been playing much lately and didnt get a 70+ map drop yet. Does fine till now and especially effective in taking down bosses. Even ele reflect does not seem much of an issue. Only lightning thorns is a pain in the ass. Combination of blackguard arcmages, evangelists and undying alchemists in single map (which I rolled once) is pretty nasty :)

One last thing, place both ur totems right on top of the enemy, one to each side. This way, they get hit by all 10 streams and they can only attack one totem at a time.
Last edited by nightblade157 on Mar 24, 2014, 8:45:57 AM
I tried out flame totem on my firestorm witch and it seems far better. Any witch variation of this build? Having a hard time going for the totem nodes.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Remove the DoT, burning damage and fire damage nodes and replace them with totem damage nodes. Since added chaos will contribute to around 30% of the total damage dealt by flame totem, even the 8% totem dmg nodes work great. Shamanistic fury/totemic zeal clusters are also good to have.

Also, you should get eldritch battery and MoM, unless u are somehow managing the mana cost of flame totem and have enough survivability without them. Also, it will be near impossible to run AA without eldritch battery.

Might also be a good idea to replace IIR with faster casting and stack IIR on gear instead.
From the look of your passive tree, does not seem impossible to switch to flame totem. Needs around ~16-17 respec points.

I have done upto lvl 70 maps but not higher because I havent been playing much lately and didnt get a 70+ map drop yet. Does fine till now and especially effective in taking down bosses. Even ele reflect does not seem much of an issue. Only lightning thorns is a pain in the ass. Combination of blackguard arcmages, evangelists and undying alchemists in single map (which I rolled once) is pretty nasty :)

One last thing, place both ur totems right on top of the enemy, one to each side. This way, they get hit by all 10 streams and they can only attack one totem at a time.

Thanks for the advice. I'm willing to give up the casting speed to get even more item rarity. :p I have enough slots for leveling the flame totem gems, so I'm going to level them a bit first before attempting a switch. Will be spending my remaining refund points on making the switch to MoM and EB once I've made up my mind and done more testing.

I know there's a lot of hate on Searing Bond, but I do find it really fun to play. Flame totem is even more fun when you see the entire map on fire!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info