1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
plasticeyes wrote:

there are lots and lots and lots of things that can kill me without that crazy leech i have (15%). now i'm losing 60% of it !

so my 10k dps leeches 1500 pts/s now drops to 600. That means 5 seconds to get me back to full ES. It was 2. I think we can agree that's a serious fucking nerf.

it's going to be a _real_ problem. maybe a build-killing problem.

the only thing that will save me is if the ES buffs are decent. my guess is that they won't be decent enough.

GGG has rebalanced the game for OP builds. I don't understand that.

I've never had an OP build since i started playing this game and i never will, but GGG keeps balancing based on OP builds that 95% of us don't have.

it's weird.

meanwhile CoC is still alive and well even though it's completely broken, inconsistent mechanics.

honestly i don't know that they are thinking...

But everyones leech got nerfed. Normal leech doesnt queue the way it used to, so while leech from 1 attack is adding back to your health other attacks leech arnt being queued at the end, theyre just disappearing. With Vaal pact the life leech is instant, so VP never has to queue up, if they nerfed leech in this manner but didnt nerf Vaal Pact is would be such a huge net buff to VP.

Youre losing 60% of your leech with VP, but without VP you are probably losing more than 60% of your leech because of the no queueing.

Are you guys sure you really need Vaal Pact on an es build? when they moved VP I decided it was too many points to get for my crit dagger ci witch, so I just ditched it. Didnt make any difference at all. The amount of points Id lose in damage, block, es etc to get Vaal Pact would make my build absolute dogshit. You guys sure your es ghostreaver builds wont be more powerful if you just let VP go entirely and spend a ton of points on damage and es?

I have 4 crit builds, 2x crit daggers (one life one es) and 2x crit spellcasters, none of them use Vaal Pact, none of them have any problems with leech/survivability. My dagger characters can go to 45k dps if I use my Abysuss, I dont use it because 45kdps is a stupidly high amount of damage that is in no way reflect safe or needed at all. Without it they clock around 20kdps, I can go into a double reflect + vulnerability map and attack phys reflect packs with 20k dps phys crit, no vaal pact, doesnt matter.

If anything the new changes to leech might make MORE builds take Vaal Pact, I dont buy the idea that its necessary for crit or ci melee builds and that now it will be useless and those builds broken. Overall Vaal Pact is now relatively more powerful for almost all builds, because most non VP builds will be losing more than 60% of their leech.

Everyones leech got hurt, lets see how that plays out before jumping to conclusions.

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
I cant say I 100% understand why this patch has SO MANY Nerfs...

I guess not enough characters were dying quickly enough. :p
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Drahken wrote:
"
narbays wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Making the Standard League into the Path of Exile DUMPSTER isn't a wise decision. Keeping legacy items in the dumpster league causes all sorts of problems, you learn this basic principle in your economics 101 class in first year of junior college or even high school level economics.

Give STANDARD LEAGUE some love. Believe it or not, a large percentage of your player base is old enough to not have enough time dedicate to new leagues every four months.

I completely agree, standard league shouldn't be a legacy league.. 4 month wipes isnt a good idea.

Seconded. Breaking builds every four to five months is going to get really old, really fast, if they continue this way.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:
"
narbays wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Making the Standard League into the Path of Exile DUMPSTER isn't a wise decision. Keeping legacy items in the dumpster league causes all sorts of problems, you learn this basic principle in your economics 101 class in first year of junior college or even high school level economics.

Give STANDARD LEAGUE some love. Believe it or not, a large percentage of your player base is old enough to not have enough time dedicate to new leagues every four months.

I completely agree, standard league shouldn't be a legacy league.. 4 month wipes isnt a good idea.

Seconded. Breaking builds every four to five months is going to get really old, really fast, if they continue this way.

I don't get the point, are you guys suggesting challenge leagues should be 1 year plus or legacy items should be removed?

P.S. Narbay don't act smart, you can't even articulate your point.
Last edited by anachelli on Mar 4, 2014, 6:25:15 PM
They are clearly wanting people to move on from the leech trend.

There are 3 ways that I can think of to avoid reflect:

1º Leech: VaalPact or life gained on hit

2º Defense: block/evasion, insane armor for phys users, AA, endurance charges & immortal call, purity, etc.

3º Damage that doesn't get reflected: traps/mines, totems, damage over time, minions, teammates (haha)

Is it really so imperative to have leech?

IGN: PipeBender
Last edited by peilord on Mar 4, 2014, 6:30:23 PM
As the owner of 5 LEGACY BOR's this patch is amazing! Much love to GGG, I will continue to stock pile/hoard legacy items and exalted orbs for as long as I "play" the game. PoE is turning out to be just like eBay, I hope thete are many more good flipping opportunities in the upcoming patch and new leagues :D
"
Malabargold wrote:
As the owner of 5 LEGACY BOR's this patch is amazing! Much love to GGG, I will continue to stock pile/hoard legacy items and exalted orbs for as long as I "play" the game. PoE is turning out to be just like eBay, I hope thete are many more good flipping opportunities in the upcoming patch and new leagues :D

lie.
All these nerfs just piss me off.

It is already incredibly hard to make a viable endgame build as a NORMAL player in this game. Without ridiculously OP uniques, you either rely on high dps and lifeleech to survive, or you try to hide behind totems. Guess what, suck it normal players! We realized you actually found a way to play this game, so we're gonna nerf you to the ground!

What is the justification for the totem nerfs? Why aren't there any totem passives that could potentially negate the over-the-top penalties? Do you intend to release some new diamond supporter ridiculous unique that makes totems do double damage and this is how you "balance" them?

Why is it that the only way to not get instantly killed by elemental damage in this game is getting all the aura passives or getting some broken uniques? Why aren't there more passive nodes that grant max resists, so normal players can actually hope to get high enough resists to not get one-shotted?

How do you intend to balance the game based on all these legacy uniques that are completely out of reach for any new player, but makes older players more than TWICE as powerful as the new players can possibly become? Do you balance new content based on the assumption that everyone is wearing a legacy Soultaker + legacy BoR + legacy Aegis Aurora, making it impossible for a normal player to play the game? Or do you pretend those legacy items don't exist, and allow anyone using them to faceroll-farm the content twice as fast as any normal player?

Meh. Whatever. I think I'll go do a bunch of maps and pray that I get a ridiculously OP unique drop before the patch hits, so I can stop being a normal player.
"
Are you guys sure you really need Vaal Pact on an es build? when they moved VP I decided it was too many points to get for my crit dagger ci witch, so I just ditched it. Didnt make any difference at all. The amount of points Id lose in damage, block, es etc to get Vaal Pact would make my build absolute dogshit. You guys sure your es ghostreaver builds wont be more powerful if you just let VP go entirely and spend a ton of points on damage and es?

It was an anti-reflect mechanism for those who needed to one-shit full screent of mobs. Everyone with just normal DPS aka 10-30k DPS doesnt gives a fck on these change; normal life leech is just totally enough. ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Real talk for a second: To all of you complaining about the VP and leech nerfs...were you guys seriously not leech capped by ~lv 50-60? I mean honestly, I have played a few melee characters and every single one of them was leech capped with only around 2-4% LL, so now I might need to find an extra 1-2% to keep it capped, but honestly, are you guys attacking with fucking wet rags?

A major part of the issue, and I think is being addressed, is that too many characters (in HC especially) were not balancing DPS and survivability, they were simply foregoing DPS entirely to become tanks, and they were still able to leech cap easily enough to make themselves entirely un-killable except to maybe one or two very rare and specific situations. That completely breaks the design of the games if people are able to simply stack LL and HP and enter god-mode to disregard 99.9% of the content.

GGG has stated they want their game hard, and they want players to make tough choices and have to pay attention. This update completely goes with that idea. Did any of you really think that LL would never be addressed and that it was simply fine as-is when it alone trivialized almost all of the damage mods on maps, and allowed players to simply ramp up to 100k+ DPS without any fear of death?

This nerf to VP and to LL is specifically (I would presume) to address the ability to either A) stack gobs of LL and be unkillable with shitty DPS, or stack DPS and be unkillable with minor LL and VP. I'm sorry but if any of you that have 10-15% LL on your gear & items are still completely unable to leech-cap yourselves (currently) then you're doing something very very very wrong.

Also, the fuck is with everyone going "THEY RUINED MY BUILD!" "guess I need to drop this character now"...I mean for fuck's sake people, THEY'RE GIVING YOU A FULL RESPEC. You get to completely re-tool your build and tailor it COMPLETELY to your gear. Any small or missed nuances you had before can be completely corrected and adjusted. Why is this such a big deal? If you like your build as-is and it doesn't change, then don't change it. Simply leave it as-is, if it does change significantly well...cool, you get a free respec! change it however you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info