[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

@Baldrick.. i had mana issues also.. i ended up fixing it somewhat by putting clarity with a blood magic gem.. also make sure u dont level up the aura's too much.. thus making them too mana hungry... there is usually a sweet spot for them depending on ur mana/health stats.. i am early 50's farming sarn/docks cruel.. still sitting on a level 3 clarity and doing just fine

Also i am not yet running grace due to lack of mana.. i will get it once i get to the iron reflexes part of the tree though, and i imagine will run it with reduced mana gem..

on a non-related note.. a question i put out there a page or so ago.. but didnt get a response.. so sorry to repeat it.. am curious.. iv seen someone advertise the unset ring voideye as the 'best' sb item in the game.. +5 stats sure seems nice.. but with no other support gems/links? am hoping someone who knows/tested or knows the math could discuss this item please?
"
weihong wrote:
"
OleOlof wrote:
LGoH and LL doesnt work with Searing Bond as its a DoT skill.

double curses dont work as well, unless you skill "whispers of doom" (on top of witch in the tree) which let you do an additional curse. but that keystone is quite hard to reach...unfortunately.

Oh sorry, i said it with the ring 'doedre's damning' in mind. I was using it for a while but i realised EE would probably make my life so much easier =).

Nice Ring! Yes, as far as I read here the curses are stacking when you have double curses. But never tried myself, so cant say for sure.

"
Do you think this build could run a full-mf setup for Piety?

Edit: Just noticed the discussion above. Is this viable for Invasion is my question I guess. 2.6k life seems really, really low.

Would say its a very good build for invasion. maybe you want grab a few more health nodes and little less damage nodes. due to fact that you can do damage while running around and dodge things its a very safe build. also reflect mobs gives you no any headache.

"
Baldrick wrote:
What level does reduced mana need to be in order to run grace and clarity? Mine is 15 now (I am lev 61) and I can't run both yet. 581 mana but only like 50 left when I run both.

thats strange. even if you have a high leveled clarity you should have always above 100 mana free. I see no way (mathematically) how you can have grace and clarity running on reduced mana (lvl 15) and only 50 mana left. Are you sure that you are running only these two auras?
Thanks for the response, just have one more question. How is Scion better than Templar end game? If you're getting Fire Walker anyway, EB isn't that far away compared to going through Scion. Especially since the spell damage Scion start nodes don't even affect Searing Bond, but I'm pretty sure the Templar Elemental Damage nodes do.
"
OleOlof wrote:

"
Baldrick wrote:
What level does reduced mana need to be in order to run grace and clarity? Mine is 15 now (I am lev 61) and I can't run both yet. 581 mana but only like 50 left when I run both.

thats strange. even if you have a high leveled clarity you should have always above 100 mana free. I see no way (mathematically) how you can have grace and clarity running on reduced mana (lvl 15) and only 50 mana left. Are you sure that you are running only these two auras?

Yup, just went in and turned it on to see exactly. Lev 15 Clarity, lev 15 reduced mana, and lev 10 Grace. I have a total of 587 mana, and end up with 64. Not even enough to cast an SB.

I guess I should not have leveled clarity so much!

Edit: I made it work by adding another 50 mana on my ring. Course, I am right at the edge and can't cast very quickly, but it seems to be good enough for Piety runs anyway :)
Last edited by Baldrick on Mar 15, 2014, 12:11:53 AM
Buy 2 Granite Flaks and inactive Grace then u will be fine.I'm now 67 with 2k3 amor and 482 ev no use Iron Reflexes & 5k Searing Bond.All my item's self found and garbage but still can farm decent. I go for the magic find way so my amor and ev're not much.And piety's die quite fast.
To the Op: So if i add Elemental Equilibrium and hit the monster with searing bond first then they'll get +25 fire resistance?
Sry for my bad english.
Well it seems that the problem of searing bond's lack of damage scale on much later endgame has been given a slight, if not. MONSTER of a boost given the new unique items on the recent patch. The addition of Doryani's Catalyst:

10% increased Elemental Damage
Adds (65–100 to 85–160) Physical Damage
(6 to 10)% increased Cast Speed
(11 to 15)% increased Attack Speed
(30 to 40)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(80 to 100)% increased Elemental Damage
Gems in this item are Supported by level 20 Elemental Proliferation
1% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life

seems to be a beast. Just when we think about all love and hate our beloved skill has taken over the past patches, it has come to this. They given us a permanent reason to love the skill even more. Seems like the endgame equipment for all searing bonders out there (including me). Yay!
"
menuview2002 wrote:
To the Op: So if i add Elemental Equilibrium and hit the monster with searing bond first then they'll get +25 fire resistance?
Sry for my bad english.

After chatting on the twitch channel of a high level player yesterday, he says that Searing Bond never trigger Elemental Equilibrium, because it is an indirect burn, not a fire attack. So players don't care about it, they only span randomly some ice nova trap.

Can someone confirm that ?

And for people who never already see EE in action, when triggered, it appears on the monsters under their description like "vulnerable to fire, vulnerable to lightning"

On a side note, yesterday I have entered a Corrupted zone with the "Elemental Equilibrium" affix. It could be a pain for unprepared players :D
Yes, mobs become vulnerable to fire and lightning. Combo is nice :) But u clearly need nova lvl 1 only
"
tntultra wrote:
Yes, mobs become vulnerable to fire and lightning. Combo is nice :) But u clearly need nova lvl 1 only

Why lvl 1 ?
Hi, guys.

I'm level 30 and I'm enjoying so much this build, but I have a question.

Where should I focus right now in my skill tree?

This is my skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsSaRccGYUaOBpsJKopTyoTLKc26UbXWfNdxnF5gpuLjJBVna6j8qeEtQTAGsMT4XPjauQi7DjtIA==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info