1.0.5b Patch Notes

"
Ranakor wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

I just read his big post and I cant stop laughing. He says dmg splits between 24 mobs so they can stay alive. AOE dmg says hi.

He has no minins life linked to zombies and claims they do 78 bosses lol. they will die faster than he can summon them to dominus.

He has hatred linked to molted shell and rarity .....ye ggg balance summoner around the opinions of this guy.

Of course AE doesn't split silly, i never implied that, a lot of mobs however don't do AE damage, the vast majority of them actually, including a crap ton of the painful ones (jumper goats, most shooters etc), so in most situations, damage is split.

I don't have minion life yes, because i don't need to , hence i stick to damage on zombies, as i said zombies already don't die as is except to chaos damage and on a few bosses, when zombies dies on boss i resummon some (nice upside of not being dependant on death to resummon eh?) and i let evangelists finish the work

Way to interpret things out of nowhere, i only posted the gear to prove i'm not using expensive gear, none of the gems you mentioned are in use, rarity and molten are getting leveled up, hatred was switched there with grace which i've decided to test (hence why grace is linked with the other auras and not hatred, could've guessed it if you saw grace linked to reduced mana instead of it, but no you just want to bash instead of trying to see things as they are).

Dude u snail clear maps by spamming skeletons as meat shields....I get it.

Is still doesn't make summoners anywhere near as on par with other characters. We need a massive buff. CoD was a broken mechanic with 300% but removing it was so fucken lazy on GGG part its not even funny. So I said lets wait for next patch hope for a miracle becaue unlike you I want to be able to take the character I have invested alof of currency and time and be able to clear maps in less that 25 min....
:)
"
Bukariin wrote:
"
iamlottof wrote:
I just cant tell you how bad i feel now. cause I started playing this game a few days ago and my skills was applied towards the COD summoner.I am really confused now and dont know how to continue to play my first character.
It is level 51 now.Most skills about COD summoner were all applied already.
You decided to start with a CoD summoner? Seriously?

I mean, props to you for doing that much research before dicking around with the game, but you kind of threw all your chips into a build that was obviously going to get nerfed in the balls.

And congrats to him on a regular summoner then, unless somehow i missed the 50 CoD specific nodes he just missused lol?
anyone done iron will evangelist? not sure if that works O.o
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
Ranakor wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

I just read his big post and I cant stop laughing. He says dmg splits between 24 mobs so they can stay alive. AOE dmg says hi.

He has no minins life linked to zombies and claims they do 78 bosses lol. they will die faster than he can summon them to dominus.

He has hatred linked to molted shell and rarity .....ye ggg balance summoner around the opinions of this guy.

Of course AE doesn't split silly, i never implied that, a lot of mobs however don't do AE damage, the vast majority of them actually, including a crap ton of the painful ones (jumper goats, most shooters etc), so in most situations, damage is split.

I don't have minion life yes, because i don't need to , hence i stick to damage on zombies, as i said zombies already don't die as is except to chaos damage and on a few bosses, when zombies dies on boss i resummon some (nice upside of not being dependant on death to resummon eh?) and i let evangelists finish the work

Way to interpret things out of nowhere, i only posted the gear to prove i'm not using expensive gear, none of the gems you mentioned are in use, rarity and molten are getting leveled up, hatred was switched there with grace which i've decided to test (hence why grace is linked with the other auras and not hatred, could've guessed it if you saw grace linked to reduced mana instead of it, but no you just want to bash instead of trying to see things as they are).

Dude u snail clear maps by spamming skeletons as meat shields....I get it.

Is still doesn't make summoners anywhere near as on par with other characters. We need a massive buff. CoD was a broken mechanic with 300% but removing it was so fucken lazy on GGG part its not even funny. So I said lets wait for next patch hope for a miracle becaue unlike you I want to be able to take the character I have invested alof of currency and time and be able to clear maps in less that 25 min....

No, as i mentioned i can clear allmost all those maps "passively" that is no skellies , no casting, no doing ANYTHING except walking around. Skellies are there because eh, why not? more meatshield and more damage, better than nothing, get that crap out of your head, skellies are prolly doing 2% of the damage on maps i clear, it's just nice to have more protection with more minions avoiding mobs getting to me is all.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Jeets wrote:
Was there a specific intention for the COD other than clever use of game mechanics?

It is just a little confusing on how to decipher the intent of COD if it was not designed with the intent to use cleverly.

It is intended to provide a large benefit on dying. If it was to work for long periods as death, then the benefit could not be so great.

Hi.

So, I haven't used COD on anything, but the only viable use was with minions. I know what you mean about "provide a large benefit on dying", but really... who uses it that way?

Hardcore players do not want to die, therefore the gem is irrelevant for whatever build.

Softcore players ... well .. not even softcore players want to die all the time just to get that "large benefit". Most softcore players, I think, use it only linked to a portal gem.

So, maybe a Cast on Minion Death is required.
"
JoanGrimm wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Jeets wrote:
Was there a specific intention for the COD other than clever use of game mechanics?

It is just a little confusing on how to decipher the intent of COD if it was not designed with the intent to use cleverly.

It is intended to provide a large benefit on dying. If it was to work for long periods as death, then the benefit could not be so great.

Hi.

So, I haven't used COD on anything, but the only viable use was with minions. I know what you mean about "provide a large benefit on dying", but really... who uses it that way?

Hardcore players do not want to die, therefore the gem is irrelevant for whatever build.

Softcore players ... well .. not even softcore players want to die all the time just to get that "large benefit". Most softcore players, I think, use it only linked to a portal gem.

So, maybe a Cast on Minion Death is required.

It was underpowered, could've been usefull as intended if it was 1000% for new players leveling and dieing in a place they have a hard time getting through or a tough boss so that it's life is well dented but meh

Imoh they should just get rid of the gem as it is and replace it with 1c or 2c in the inventory as compensation or something (+1gcp per 2-3quality levels maybe?).
interested to know if u ever steped into a courtyard boss room or crema boss room with those crapy dps zombies u think u can resummons faster then they die. Im sure ur regen totem with save them from court bosses.

All the combos you have mentioned above have been tried by a lot better summoners than you. And they are not viable if u want good map clear sped and want to kill the boss.

Your zombies probly have like 7k hp. if that.
I put zombies with 13k hp in a court map and they cant take it with 85% resits. So I know full well theres a lot of BS in your posts. You can try and resummons zombies in boss rooms all u like they will die faster then u can summon them. Your evengelists will still die even with bubble in those boss rooms. I have tested with max possible hp on them and perma bubble.

I have one last question so I can laugh. Where do you summon your specters from? you evangelsits I mean when you clear these high lvl maps at 76
:)
don't waste your time ranakor
Last edited by KissTheBlade on Jan 20, 2014, 4:42:01 AM
"
Warzone129 wrote:
interested to know if u ever steped into a courtyard boss room or crema boss room with those crapy dps zombies u think u can resummons faster then they die. Im sure ur regen totem with save them from court bosses.

All the combos you have mentioned above have been tried by a lot better summoners than you. And they are not viable if u want good map clear sped and want to kill the boss.

Your zombies probly have like 7k hp. if that.
I put zombies with 13k hp in a court map and they cant take it with 85% resits. So I know full well theres a lot of BS in your posts. You can try and resummons zombies in boss rooms all u like they will die faster then u can summon them. Your evengelists will still die even with bubble in those boss rooms. I have tested with max possible hp on them and perma bubble.

I have one last question so I can laugh. Where do you summon your specters from? you evangelsits I mean when you clear these high lvl maps at 76

I already stated what maps i do, obviously you can't always resummon zombies on boss but on a lot of bosses evangelists don't die (ranged damage), and i stated what hp my zombies have (6350) and as i mentioned, even that low they don't die, i know full well they can have a lot more hp, i'll take the clear speed over more hp as , as i mentioned, they already are sturdy enough as is.

I summon evangelists from merciless. I kinda always wondered if it would be Worth re summoning them from the evangelists in maps or if it was the same, if you know that would be helpful.
"
Fixed an issue where portals were not closed when logging out of a character via the character selection screen.

worst. "fix". ever.

I thought this was an intended feature and was one of the best things about the log out of character option. I mean, it really just saved you the trouble of getting someone else to open portals for you, so it wasn't exactly game breaking or exploitive, just streamlined a mechanic that was already in the game and was a nice quality of life enhancement. makes no sense to me to "fix" it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info