[Controller] Playing POE using a controller

I don't know if there is a thread like this before or not, but I just finished my controller setup for POE. I just thought I wanted to share.
If you don't feel like this is something you want, you can skip.
If you want to give a controller a shot, this is how I set up. (you can change however you like)

First time using it can be very risky.
Familiarize yourself with a gamepad before putting yourself in a breathtaking situation

(Short) Background Story
Spoiler
Using a keyboard and a mouse can sometimes be tiring for me when playing for a period of time. I decided to use a controller when grinding and farming. I found it very comfortable. I can sit further back from my monitor and however I want to or even play it on my bed. :D So I wanted to share with you fellow exiles.

Here is the Logitech Profiler for F310 that I use.
The setup takes like ten minutes to do so. It is very easy.

Logitech F310 Gamepad
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad

Download Software
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/gamepad-f310?osid=14&bit=64

Updated the youtube video. Just to show you guys how smooth using the left analog as a mouse.
I'm Lvl 71 Marauder. (It's my second character, so I still have peasant's items :P)
That is Library Merciless in the video.
Here is the link:

This is my Marauder setup (just for the reference)

I use left analog stick as a mouse.
D-Pad for flasks 1-4.
the LT button for Flask 5 (Quicksilver)
the RT button for R
the X button for Left Click. (also to move)
the A button for Right Click.
the B button for Q
the Y button for W
the LB button for Attack in place
the RB button for Middle Button

the left analog button for Zoom in
the right analog button for Zoom out
the Back button for toggling Map
the Start button for Game Menu

I use Right Analog Stick for opening panels.
Left = Inventory
Right = Social
Up = Quests
Down = Passive

Overview
Spoiler

D-Pad
Spoiler

Right Analog Stick X-Axis
Spoiler

Right Analog Stick Y-Axis
Spoiler

Left Analog Stick Sensitivity
Spoiler

Since someone pointed out about Xbox Controller, in which a majority of people have, here I provide you the alternative.
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc/path-of-exile

Pinnacle Game Profiler has a default setting for Xbox 360 (also, controller support for any PC Gamepad, Xbox 360 Controller, PS3 Controller, PlayStation Controller, etc)

However, imo, the setting on Pinnacle site is not natural and weird to me. I think my setup covers for most players--beginners and advanced players. With my setup, you have almost every essential keys (you only lose two quickskills)
Last edited by yunogtfo on Jan 16, 2014, 12:10:36 AM
thanks for this, i tried to do something similar a while ago but gave up

question, how do you handle loot? just put the controller down?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
You can put the controller down if you want. I just use the analog stick to pick it up. It takes a little while to get used to it, but it gets easier and easier to do.

I'll upload the video in a minute just to show how it goes using a controller.

I added the video.
or you can use razer naga.
Well, I like my POE on 50" TV and play it on a couch.
It's so comfy.
So much for hardcore gameplay...
"
Sisal wrote:
So much for hardcore gameplay...

brains over brawn, good theorycrafting can negate the need for micromanaged gameplay :)
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Does anyone know if this will work with the Xbox 360 Controller. This is mind blowing stuff to me, my fingers/hands are so cramped and its just annoying as hell. Anyways, someone please confirm i can use my xbox 360 controller with this, that would be a godsend
Pinnacle Gameprofiler has a default setting for Xbox 360 Controller. It also has a game profile for Path of Exile too.

Here is the links
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc/path-of-exile
Last edited by yunogtfo on Jan 15, 2014, 11:24:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info