Cut-Throat and Cut-Throat HC?!?!

Is that still comming? I remember a long time ago you guys talked about it. I have been waiting a very long time and have not been playing since CB. I was wondering if it is still underway or not?
Of course its still under way... But it will take some time... They have more important things to do atm.
Waiting CT-HC to play ! Go go go :D
What does Cut Throat mean, Perma-death?
"
Rules wrote:
What does Cut Throat mean, Perma-death?

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues

"
The following are examples of leagues that we are working on designing. Feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated - we're very keen to hear what you think on the forums.

Hardcore
Typically, “hardcore mode” in action RPGs involves permadeath. A character killed in this mode cannot be accessed any more. In Path of Exile, slain hardcore characters revert to the parent non-hardcore league. This system encourages non-hardcore players to try the hardcore game mode, while still permanently removing hardcore characters from the economy when they die.

Ironman
In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.

Cut-throat
The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

Attrition
An attrition league is a short duration league that starts with a fixed number of players and eliminates the player with the lowest amount of experience at periodic intervals. For example, a 24 hour attrition league might start with 100 players and eliminate one player per 12 minutes after a four hour initial leveling period. Players would be able to see how close to elimination they are on an on-screen ladder display.

I'm personally more interested in Ironman, hopefully a hardcore ironman.
Wow that cut throad mode seems really interesting. Kinda hard and unforgiving especially if you lose all items including the ones you wear too. But I'd like to play that a bit for fun. I'm just worried its gonna be filled with people camping on first levels for new players with low lv and won't be that much fun after some time when people level up and own everyone else xD
Up, It's possible to have an approximate date of release cut throat ?

I'm sure it won't be till release and even then longer. Personalized leagues seem pretty sweet if you can do anything you want.
R A N D O M___IS___R A N D O M
its getting really sad that this is not released yet.
All this was written by tpapp:

The issue with cutthroat is GGG finding the time to sit down and figure out the mechanics and restrictions necessary to keep the permanent league fun and then code it all up and implement it. The past few months GGG has been spending all of their time implementing necessary content for Act 3 and Open Beta. Hopefully once Open Beta is past and all the launch issues are taken care of we'll here more about it. As I said, a permanent cutthroat league is definitely something that GGG wants to do. It's just a question of content priorities and when they'll find the time to do it.

Just for reference here are some of GGG's immediate priorities:
Resolving any balance/stability issues that come up with Open Beta
Adding more skills
Adding more microtransactions
Finishing the Act 3 areas and quests that won't be done in time for Open Beta
Updating and adding more PvP options
Incrementally improving Acts 1 and 2 (to match Act 3's level of quality)
Upgrading the trading system (including trading through the forums)

I (and GGG) don't know yet where or if implementing a permanent cutthroat league is going to fit into that feature schedule.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info