Bug with the new gem PHYSICAL PROJECTILE ATTACK DAMAGE

I was playing and i bought this gem, i thought it could be nice to use with Ethereal Knives but it dont work If i link EK and this gem its the same as i didnt link anything. The gem tags are SUPPORT, PROJECTILE, Ethereal Knives Is PROJECTILE, SPELL. I tried other support gems with the same tag (SUPPORT, PROJECTILE)like Faster Projectiles, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Greater Multiple Projectiles and Pierce (These have the tags SUPPORT AND PROJECTILE) and they work with EK just the new support gem don't work. Fix it please.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
pulgaleo wrote:
I was playing and i bought this gem, i thought it could be nice to use with Ethereal Knives but it dont work If i link EK and this gem its the same as i didnt link anything. The gem tags are SUPPORT, PROJECTILE, Ethereal Knives Is PROJECTILE, SPELL. I tried other support gems with the same tag (SUPPORT, PROJECTILE)like Faster Projectiles, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Greater Multiple Projectiles and Pierce (These have the tags SUPPORT AND PROJECTILE) and they work with EK just the new support gem don't work. Fix it please.
Given the name of the gem is Physical Projectile ATTACK Damage, and EK is not an ATTACK, I don't see how this could possibly be a bug. The other support gems you list don't say ATTACK, which is why they would work with a spell.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
My guess is, that it should only work with attacks, as the name says. Since EK is a spell, it won't work with it.
The gem is basically a way to scale Spectral Throw a bit more without the use of elemental mods such that ele reflect is less of an issue. Just a spectral throw gem pretty much.
If the support gem says "Projectile, Support" and the EK gem says "Projectile, Spell", the gem should support EK, and if it doesn't it is a bug or a mis-label.

For precidents in this, look at:
Point Blank (Projectile, Attack, Support), which works with ST and bow attacks but not with EK
vs.
LMP, GMP, Faster Projectiles, Chain, Fort (Projectile, Support), whick all work with EK as well as physical supports.

You're right in that the description of what the gem does says attack in it, but if it isn't meant to work with EK, it should be listed as "Projectile, Attack, Support", the same as point blank is.
GM to answer?
"
SixTricks wrote:
GM to answer?

The answer is already given.

Ethereal knives is a projectile spell and doesn't not benefit from physical attack damage
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
SixTricks wrote:
GM to answer?

The answer is already given.

Ethereal knives is a projectile spell and doesn't not benefit from physical attack damage
The support gem is labelled as support, projectile, and EK is spell, projectile. There very, very few other case where a support gem is labelled as a particular type and doesn't work on gems of that type. It should be labelled as support, attack, projectile if that is the intent; otherwise the assumption is that the description text is wrong; the class tag should be automatically generated based on set flags.
Last edited by Pathological on Dec 17, 2013, 3:03:41 AM

/thread
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
p00phAmmeR wrote:

/thread
Like I said, if it's meant to be attack damage/speed, the gem tags should include attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info