1.0.0e Patch Notes

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Fixed an abuse case where the Cast on Death support gem could be used as a massive damage bonus with other trigger gems.

Why would "fix" that. A dead character lost exp or goes to Default. It would only be fair if he is able to take take others with your character to hell ;)

You didn't read that sentence to the end, did you? Bolded the important bit for you. ;)
Chris didn't state that Cast on death would get nerfed. I assume its damage bonus applied to linked spells even when they got cast by other trigger gems which certainly can't be right. (4 times the damage for free? C'mon...)

"
Zemel wrote:
"
Fixed a bug where auras with larger base magnitudes could override auras that had higher final magnitudes (once passives had been factored in).

I tried, but I really don't understand that. Could you clarify please ? :)

To me it sounds like in some cases auras with higher gem level (but less increases via passives) could override the effect of an aura with lower level (but higher increases via passives). Resulting in, for example, a Hatred aura with 30% overriding one with 35% - which basically shouldn't ever happen.
I assume that bug occured as previously, before release, auras/their effects on team mates could not be buffed and thus the game only compared aura levels and always took the aura with the higher gem level.

And regarding the discussion about Caliga Imperatrix:
Isn't he rather a she? I don't know any Latin but Imperatrix sounds pretty female to me (as does Caliga). The male version would be called Caligus(?) Imperator or something.
And to be honest: In game I didn't have the time to take a closer look at her as I was busy dodging her traps. So I could be totally wrong here. :D
Crit happens.
"
LoLMassacre wrote:
"
MrH wrote:

Caliga was massively over-tuned, I walked into his room and literally went from 100% to 0% in a blink of an eye, and that was on normal. When a mob is 1000000x harder than anything else it's over-tuned and needs to be adjusted.

Good patch overall, it's nice to see you fixing things quickly.

Well, that just means that your lightning resist was absolute shit cause I can tank him with 1 blue topaz ring.

Yes I do pot and my pots aren't even instant at this moment.
So I guess you should have gone to the vendor and buy 2 topaz rings and just killed him real quick.

That is my experience with him.

That depends greatly on the character and the skills used imho. My wife had no problem tanking him on merc with her templar and 4k life, while I (ranger with RoA) had to hide behind a corner. We both had 75% res, I have about double the armor than she has.

In the end there where like 90% of players who thought they were OP, and maybe 10% who thought otherwise. Guess who won on that disscussion.
"
t_golgari wrote:
In the end there where like 90% of players who thought they were OP, and maybe 10% who thought otherwise. Guess who won on that disscussion.

Let me guess: the noobs like you?
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
LoLMassacre wrote:
"
MrH wrote:

Caliga was massively over-tuned, I walked into his room and literally went from 100% to 0% in a blink of an eye, and that was on normal. When a mob is 1000000x harder than anything else it's over-tuned and needs to be adjusted.

Good patch overall, it's nice to see you fixing things quickly.

Well, that just means that your lightning resist was absolute shit cause I can tank him with 1 blue topaz ring.

Yes I do pot and my pots aren't even instant at this moment.
So I guess you should have gone to the vendor and buy 2 topaz rings and just killed him real quick.

That is my experience with him.

That depends greatly on the character and the skills used imho. My wife had no problem tanking him on merc with her templar and 4k life, while I (ranger with RoA) had to hide behind a corner. We both had 75% res, I have about double the armor than she has.

Well, I'm going Kripps Spectral Throw ranger build, and when I fought him in normal I had around 800-1k hp, 500 armor & 75+ resit. Cleared his room and then killed him without major problem.
Same thing for cruel. 2.2k hp, 1.8k armor & 75% resist.

I just find that the game should push you/be harder specially in the last parts of it.

I had no major problem with him, but if the majority had oh well :/
Last edited by LoLMassacre on Oct 30, 2013, 12:29:23 PM
"
Reducing Caliga Imperatrix's trap damage in Normal and Cruel difficulties.

This one shotted me and another guy at the same time :D
OK, Devourer's are better now.

Soloed Springs and found 3 packs, two of which had a Rare, one of the packs was in the Boss's camp. Survived and was able to kill all of them. But it was close.

One thng still bothers me: You cant get away from them. If they come up under you, regardless how far you ran away, the first strike they do is gonna hit you anyways. This seems wrong.

The desync is still crazy sometimes. Just found my mouse in the kittchen because I was desynced so hard. And I still occasionally crash to the loggin screen while trying to go through my stash or trying to load a new instance. That never happened to me before 1.0.0
Maybe it's because of the sheer number of new players coming via steam (that would be a positive), or just because of steam. I hope GGG will be able to fix that.

Otherwise this is as much fun as it ever was.
First, you guys did a very good job. Some complain about how what you did isn't what they expected, they think the Diablo inspiration means it'll be the same game, which of course then they complain "it's a Diablo clone," and with this you continued to develop the game for these last 7 years and it shows. I've been in games that crash every 20 minutes without even the slightest bit of support to help, some companies even yelling at me after calling them as my bug reports or other tickets were not even responded to. Grinding Gear appears to me to be doing what gaming companies don't do, designing the game around the user, the game play subject to the player's decisions and game options. To me this is commendable and I hope it continues, when you're ready, with some other titles and genre as well.

And now, as this tread is full of those who want to make the game an elitist haven until the servers close due to lack of population...

"Too easy," like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. If you're unhappy with changes made to the game, as though the game as it was was done just for you, which, honestly, is like a spoiled child expecting the world to be done to their will, I submit, as an option to complaining, that you ask for a larger variety of game modes.

What if they add to the difficulty adjustment to the game and make it a fully adjustable parameter. By using our feedback they can do another patch to add a new difficulty setting specifically to make the game very difficult as it would reverse ALL CHANGES made that were a boss or other thing being considered too difficult before the latest patch (It's up to them but I wouldn't reverse the spawn size changes unless no one cares about the leveling advantage this would give to someone who picks this mode). As the patch notes are well listed I am sure the group of you who think the game is "too easy" could easily make a thread to put a list of the nerfs you'd want reversed in "Heinous Dark Insanity" mode, debate your points about those changes, and lead to the developers seriously considering and adding this to the game. It's a solution to your need for the game not to be "too easy" in your eyes while leaving the rest of us alone, and keeping the servers filled with players playing the game as they want to play it, and not having your game play forced upon them.

3rd point, and somewhat supportive of the previous, I am not a PVP player. I do not want to fight my team members regarding some decision as to kill or not to kill some NPC. Thus, soloing is working for me right now and I am still in the Domination league. Many people, like myself, play for the story, especially with a real world so full of horse manure. We also tend to not need a lot of new content and just like the repetition and grind, especially us older players making sure we remember details properly (games like this are great mental exercise). There was a time before computers that we read a book to take our minds away from the day-to-day, whether to relieve stress or just to see something else didn't matter for both of these would usually be the result. Today for many of us this is replaced by the computer game, where the imagination isn't as much in play but the interaction is far greater. This is a large, capable, and a generally financially stable market that can only be tapped by a game not being hell bent on imposing gaming environments and difficulties that defeat our interest in reading a developer's coded novel.

POE, for the most part (exception the challenging team mates over killing some NPC) has met this interest for me, and, I believe, for many others. The game being free surely brings in a lot of riff-raff, however, this also will more easily bring in those people who want to read the Path of Exile story by living it through the game as they have nothing to lose. If they like the story they'll spend on the game, it's really that simple. I ask that those players who think their impression of the game, or what they take away from the developer's blogs of origins of this game after reading them, be understood as of no greater weight than the impression this game has made on players like me, that you consider that the larger gaming market isn't a group of gaming elitists or experts but people who play as a part of entertainment they pursue in living out their lives. This doesn't mean I'd like to see the game so easy it becomes nicknamed "the Teletubbies of gaming" or something like that. It does mean though that the differences in game play require the game have a mechanism to attract and keep as much of the entire game playing community and market as possible to keep the servers open and afford the developers the opportunity to make this game better as well as make new titles.

I make no apologies for a "wall of text" but I do apologize for typos, grammaticals, etc., as I am no grammarian.

GG and have fun,

AFS Private McGillicutti (of the 4 years closed and still missed Tabula Rasa)
Last edited by AFSMcGill on Oct 30, 2013, 1:51:00 PM
Thanks for fixing devourer's, they were very unbalanced. I know myself and other players were ditching maps at the first sign of devourers. The packs were enormous and the damage was too high.
after update 1.0.0e, when back to Lioneye's Watch,it crashed to login screen every time.
"
Fixed an instance crash related to Dominus.

I don't know what you did exactly to "fix" that issue, but I had no crash prior to the patch, and now it's back to Windows every time I try to fight him. And it seems I'm not the only one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info