Vaal Oversoul not crediting with completion of Normal difficulty/Unable to re-summon boss

Screenshots below

The issue:
Spoiler
After running Act 2 Normal with a friend, we finally made it to Vaal Oversoul. Right before we killed him I died. However, my friend being smart enough not to kill him when I was dead waited until I returned to the room to land the killing blow.

After the boss died I briefly went back to town to sell a few items and when I went back to The Ancient Pyramid and tried to go to Cruel difficulty it simply did nothing.

I searched the forums to see if this had been posted before but I was unable to find anything similar.

Possible causes:
Spoiler
*My friend had previously completed Normal (I think) and was the one that landed the killing blow.

*Vaal Oversoul was not actually on my screen at the time he died. I was however in the room, of this I am certain.

Screenshot 1: Showing me at the "Dark Altar" with error "It seems to require a triangular key".

Screenshot 2: Showing me at the portal to Cruel Twilight Strand (Note: I am clicking the portal in this screenshot)

If you have any further questions about the issue, please ask!

P.S. Sorry about the double bug report, I read it just after I took the screenshots. :(
IGN: Lawsuit | Lawshoot
Last edited by TheAxiom on Sep 6, 2012, 3:48:57 PM
You need the Combined Amulet to proceed. Talk to Eramir in town or the bandit lord who gave it to you originally, if you helped one of them.
Code warrior
Oh hey, maybe next time I'll read. I think I've gotten too used to games spoon-feeding me. Thanks buddy, sorry about that.
IGN: Lawsuit | Lawshoot
It'll much more obvious in 0.9.12. Currently there isn't an error message and there's no quest. These are being added and hopefully will make it all clear.

I can see how clicking on an apparently-working area transition but having nothing happen looks like a bug.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info