How about Mercenaries?

That we can hire, gear and level. To help us whenever we need it. Imagine a Totem Mercenary, or a Glacial Hammer Mercenary, maybe even a 7 aura Mercenary. Maybe we want to gear him with Rarity, or Quantity. Mercenaries will be much less effective obviously.

What do you guys think? Share your ideas for Mercenaries.
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2017, 12:39:32 PM
Meh..

Will be to much like summoners.
Mercs would be cool, but they would have to be designed just right.

I think I would rather see spells that summon companions, similar to the spells in D2 (shadow warrior, valk, etc)
I think it would be the best addition ever. POE needs mercenaries that you can gear, that you can play with you while you are playing solo, and while in a party. Valkyrie's and such are okay too.. It would further diversify the builds, and that's one of the main reason why people play this game.
Isn't that what you can do with Animate Guardian?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Mercenaries in a full party would be a bit broken, thats why. You wouldn't need an aurabot because 2 mercenaries would cover all the auras. You wouldnt need anything to control harder targets because the remaining 4 could all have stun and knockback and curse on hit. In solo play it might be ok if people werent already facerolling the game as it is anyway (not me, just fyi, never even killed a guardian because i like my own hipster builds too much)
D2 mercs where nice dmg support and aura givers depending on the gear.
Not sure if we ever get this mechanic as a permanent feature.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Yeah and also give them a skilltree ^^
Could even be a mini expansion where you go to an act and do missions that involve saving mercenaries who you can then hire. Or maybe a master who sells mercenaries for rep.

Seriously though, I don't think I want to see that d2 feature on poe.
An exile to me sounds like someone who stands alone, despite there being pets and monsters by your side.
"
Mythabril wrote:
Isn't that what you can do with Animate Guardian?

This.

You can gear it as you see fit. Evasion, armor, energy shield, a mix of any three. And you can even give it auras with unique items!

Animate guardian is the closest we will probably get to D2 mercenaries.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Nov 24, 2017, 2:34:51 AM
Not gonna happen imo. Would just add to the power creep they are trying to get rid of right now.

As much as I loved mercs in D2 just dont see it happening here.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Nov 24, 2017, 2:49:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info