Game suddenly running very poorly. (Solved?)

Since logging in today, my game is now running at a consistent 20-30 fps in my hideout. Enabling dynamic resolution causes it to drop to the minimum quality and only brings it up to about 45 fps, but then quickly becomes unplayably choppy in normal gameplay. Framerate before was not great, but fine and fairly consistently above 50, I don't know what's different between when I booted up the game yesterday and today that would cause such a drastic drop in performance even having turned down several settings to see if it would improve it without much success. I'm hoping this can be resolved quickly. Attached is an image with my graphs.

(Also, possibly related, attempting to change the renderer causes the game to crash)

Edit: Seems to be solved, it appears some weird driver issue was causing the game to not recognize the correct graphics card. Uninstalled and reinstalled my Geforce Driver software and that seems to have put everything back to normal.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Max-Q

Game Settings
Windowed Fullscreen
1920x1080 resolution
No Upscale - 1920x1080
Renderer - Vulkan
Vsync - Adaptive
Triple Buffering - Enabled
AA - Off
Upscale Mode - NIS
Lighting - Shadows
Shadow Quality - Low
Sun Shadow Quality - Low
Number of Lights - Low
DOF - Disabled
Water Detail Level - Low
Texture Quality - Medium
Texture Filtering - 16x Anisotropic Filtering
Dynamic Culling - Enabled
Dynamic Resolution - Disabled
Engine Multithreading - Enabled

Last edited by UmbraPhantos on Sep 9, 2024, 5:36:12 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2024, 5:26:57 AM
I have the same. Yesterday it was OK. But when I turned off my computer, Windows update KB5035942 and Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - SecurityDevices - 5.30.0.0 started. And now today my fps drops to below 20. No matter what resolution I set the game to.

R7 7800X3D
16 GB RAM
RTX 4070
"
losarturos wrote:
I have the same. Yesterday it was OK. But when I turned off my computer, Windows update KB5035942 and Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - SecurityDevices - 5.30.0.0 started. And now today my fps drops to below 20. No matter what resolution I set the game to.

R7 7800X3D
16 GB RAM
RTX 4070

I seem to have fixed the issue for myself by uninstalling and reinstalling my GeForce driver software. For some reason the game wasn't recognizing my dedicated graphics card, you might want to check your display settings to make sure it's not doing the same for you.
It didn't help. But I noticed that when I move my character in one direction, there are no problems. But if I change the direction of movement, the CPU delay immediately increases and the FPS drops. But, interestingly, only when I move using the follow mouse cursor option using the keyboard. When I indicate the direction of movement with the mouse, the FPS does not drop.
Interesting, I've had a similar issue appear a few days ago (on AMD/Bulldozer).

fps at 30 even in empty towns.

Doing a full driver reinstall didn't help at first - AMD's GPU software was even crashing on start !

What solved the issue was to get AMD's «Pro» software (which is more recent, maybe coming with a more recent driver ??), rather than the «Gamer» one.

(Also, not an issue with integrated graphic card for me, since I don't have any.)
Last edited by BlueTemplar85 on Sep 11, 2024, 5:28:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info