[3.25] Chaos Crushing Fist Staff Gladiator - Disintegrator + Replica Eternity Shroud + Unholy Might

Hey there guys. I was really interested in Retaliation skills when they were first announced. I liked the slow slam builds of the past and when I saw Crushing fist I knew we were meant to be. I was first disappointed when I saw it couldn't be exerted, but I figured I would give it a try as my 2nd character for the league.

I wanted to see if I could add a twist to it and scale the skill in a different way than what I had originally thought (phys impale). Decided to try my hand at my old Disintegrator + Replica Eternity Shroud combo. Get as much dmg multipliers as possible and BONK so hard you can stun wave 15 kosis out of his beam.

Crushing fist reminded me of one of my old builds that I really enjoyed. Doryani's Touch Berserker. So I decided to scale it in a similar way. A bunch of added dmg, to make use of the large dmg effectiveness the skill has, and then multipliers to take that number to huge values.

How_Do_I_BONK_so_hard

Disintegrator and Replica eternity shroud are the 2 keys uniques for this build and they play on each other very well. With a full set of elder gear (9 items)
Replica eternity shroud makes all ur chaos dmg ignore enemy resistance. It also gives you 45% of your physical dmg as extra chaos dmg.

Disintegrator gives you siphoning charges for each elder gear. With 9 charges, you get 14-16 phys dmg added to attacks per charge, and 4% of non chaos dmg as extra chaos dmg. You also get 9% physical dmg reduction and 1.8% attack dmg leeched as life.

I have the "Gain Unholy Might on block for 3 seconds" staff mastery, so when I block all my physical dmg is converted to chaos, negating all monster chaos resistance.

All of this wasn't enough. I wanted the BONK to be bigger, but how? Crushing fist can't be exerted, so the best warcry exert multiplier (intimidating cry) can't be used. So how else could I get double dmg on the tree?

Lethal pride gems (kaom) have the ability to give notables 5% chance to deal double dmg. I went into Pob and, using the Timeless jewel search function, found that I could get jewels that give 15% chance to deal double dmg in the marauder section, but 15% wasn't enough. I wanted MORE.
There is another 5% chance to deal double dmg in the Kinetics impact notable on the tree. I also realized that Aspect of the avian (avian might) has a cycling 10% chance to deal double dmg buff every other 4 seconds. With all of these combined I have a 20% base chance to deal double dmg, and when avian might procs for 4 seconds it goes up to 30% chance to deal double dmg.

I couldn't let all this extra added dmg and double dmg chance go to waste. So making it a crit build with a decently sized crit multiplier was added cherry on the cake. (421 crit multi with Assassin's mark)

This, my bretheren, is the art of the BONK

Defense_and_Surviving_Disintegrator_Degen

I have:
74% Attack Block
73% Spell Block

When lucky block procs, it goes to

93% Attack Block
93% Spell Block

I use purity of elements so you're completely ailment immune (Very good for simulacrum cause zap/brittle/scorched can kill you).

6 Endurance charges, with some armor.

I have very high regen thanks to my gear. 1326 hp/sec while standing still, and 1130 hp/s while moving.

At 9 siphoning charges you take 1350 phys dmg as dot per second. With 6 endurance charges, you have a 24% phys dmg reduction again Phys DoTs. With Soul of Arakaali major pantheon and Soul of Tukohama minor pantheon (upgraded) you have

- 10% reduced dmg taken from dmg over time
- 3% additional Physical Damage Reduction per second you've been stationary, up to a maximum of 9%
- Regenerate 2% of Life per second while stationary

All this helps to drastically bring down the dmg from 9 siphoning charges, while also helping you against monster phys dmg and degens in general.

- I have the "Recover 2% of energy shield when you block spell dmg. Recover 2% of life when you block attack dmg" Staff mastery which helps a lot.

- Retaliation skills debilitate monsters for 3 seconds on hit

Gear

Gear_Explained

Besides from the 3 uniques (Disintegrator, Replica Eternity, and Mark of the Elder) all my rare gear was crafted, except for my boots. I got the boots from trade.

You are looking for 2 key mods on your Helm, Gloves, Boots, and Belt.

- Life (preferrebly high)
- Life Regeneration rate (or life regenerated per second)

I achieved this by using harvest and/or fossils. Harvest "Life" craft spam until you hit something you like or 1 socket resonator + Pristine fossil spam until you hit what you like. Pristine fossil spam is prolly better but either one works.

You need dex and int, so went with Turquoise base. I crafted ammy with "Physical" mod harvest craft, until I hit "Phys as extra fire" + "Life" + and had an open prefix/suffix to put "Aspect of the Avian" on it. I had to gamble with an Annulment orb to remove a prefix and got lucky. Aspect of the avian doesn't have to be on ur ammulet, but you want it either on the amulet or ring so it doesn't interfere with the gems in your other gear.

Annoint "No Forgiveness"

You also need to craft a Shaper/Elder ring. To do this you need to Awakener orb an elder ring with a shaper ring. You are already stun immune, but you need the shaper property to get the attack dmg buff from mark of the elder. The elder property to get the buff from disintegrator and Replica eternity shroud. It doesn't have to be and Iolite ring, but I didn't need the resist so went for dmg instead. If you need the resists then awakener orb the resist ring you need and craft it.
You need dex in this build, so crafted using Dexterity essences.

ASPECT OF THE AVIAN
You'll want this crafed on your ring/amulet/belt preferrebly. If you want to craft it on your gloves/boots/helm it can interact with some of your gems and will have a higher mana multiplier.

Jewels

You want a watcher's eye with

- Increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality

2nd mod on the jewel is optional but I went for max rez when using purity of elements

A "Corrupted blood" immune jewel with

- +% chance to block attacks while wielding a staff
- +% chance to block spells while wielding a staff

LETHAL PRIDE

You need to use PoB for his one. There is a Find Timeless Jewel function at the bottom that allows you to search for timeless jewels based on ur preferences. The most important and only mod you're looking for is

- 5% chance to deal double damage

You can have a max of 3 or those in the maurader section. If you can get your hands on a 3 jewel one then that is best, if not search for a 2 jewel one. Here are the seed numbers for the 3 jewel ones (anyone will do)

- 15020 Kaom
- 15151 Kaom
- 14064 Kaom
- 16821 Kaom (the on i'm using)
- 13140 Kaom

Flask

All your flask should have the "Gain x charges when you are hit" mod. It pretty much gives you infinite flask as you're blocking all the time which refills them.

Static_Strike

Static strike is used to help with clear (shockwave) and helps proc iginte on endmgame bosses (combustion). I have the "Critical strikes don't inherently ignite. 100% increased dmg against ignited targets" mastery so combustion helps me ignite things to get the 100% increased dmg buff.

Mapping general clear = Shockwave
Endgame/Tough encounters = swap shockwave for Combustion

It's also used as a power charge and rage generation tool. It's linked to power charge on crit and rage gem to help give my Crushing fist more dmg and higher crit chance.

Links_and_Gems

Crushing Fist - Melee Physical (awakened) - Fist of War - Pulverize - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage

Static strike - Additional Accuracy - Rage - Shockwave/Combustion - Power charge on crit

Wither - Spell totem - Multiple totems

Leap slam - Faster attacks

Vitality - Arrogance support

Enduring cry - Seond Wind

Purity of Elements

Assassin's Mark

Herald of Ash

BLood and Sand

POB

Bandits
KILL ALL

Videos

I start flailing at the start of fights to generate siphoning charges.

Vs ElderSlayers

Vs The Hidden Tank test. Rolled:
- More Boss life
- Enfeeble
- I stayed in sand stance, rather than blood, so I don't kill them too fast and you could see what it's like when a flurry of spells/attacks are coming my way

Vs Sirus. I stand in his spells to refill my flasks.

Simulacrum Wave 12-15. Got some unlucky blocks, and it took me down to the last portal.

T17 Ziggurat (39% more monster life, Suffixes nullified). Accidentally stayed in sand stance for boss fight

Vs The Feared Really rough fight

**EDIT**
Didn't realize i hadn't annointed my amulet with No Forgiveness. I crafted a new amulet and forgot to annoint it smh. Changed PoB and amulet in thread.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 10, 2024, 6:05:17 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2024, 1:58:57 PM
resreved
Ran my first t17 of the league, and here it is.

T17 Ziggurat (39% more monster life, Suffixes nullified). Accidentally stayed in sand stance for boss fight

Working on thread now
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 9, 2024, 1:31:27 PM
Thread is complete. If you have any questions ask away and I'll do my best to help.

I'll try to get the feared vid up. I'll also try to get my hands on an uber, but don't know when that one will come up.

Maven on this build feels....not good. I would advice swapping in a slam skill instead. Sunder/Groundslam/etc something other than Crushing fist. You can get her to the final phase easily but she moves around too much and it's just not worth it.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 9, 2024, 3:18:00 PM
I just realized in game that I hadn't annointed my new amulet with "No Forgiveness". All my vids were made without it unfortunately. I was wondering why I couldn't crushing fist as much as I used to.

Updated thread with slight change.
The Feared uploaded.

Boss Rng is really rough in this one. Atziri herself is bad enough, but combined with slows from cortex and it can spell rip really quick.

I feel retal skill just weren't designed with bosses like Maven, and Atziri in mind.
b
b

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info