Tasalio, Cleansing Water applies differently to cold and lightning resist

Without tasalio, cleansing water allocated, my lightning resist is one higher than my cold resist. When I allocate the node, my cold resist increases by more than my lightning resist, gaining 8% more.
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2024, 3:59:47 PM
I found that the reason is likely because I have a fire/lightning resist hybrid mod, and the fire resist from that mod is not applying to my lightning resist. I am unsure if this is intended behavior, as it is not shown this way on path of building.
Yep noticed the same bug because I keep dying all day, found this thread, hope GGG fixes it soon!
Sounds more like a bug with PoB to me. Try equipping an item in-game specifically with all res and see how it works. If that does the same as hybrid res is doing, then the ascendancy is being specific and only works with modifiers to fire resistance. And PoB just assumes all hybrid or all res all the same as individual instance of fire resistance.

I can't think of any similar examples right now, but janky wording ones I'm reminded of are Omniscience and how it counts all attributes one time instead of individually. So +10 attributes counts the same as 10 strength.
I have the same bug. Hybrid resist modifiers only apply to the resistance that's not included. For example, a jewel that gives me +10% to fire and lighting resistance gives a total of:

+5% to cold resistance
+10% to fire resistance
+10% to lightning resistance

It should be giving 15% to lightning resistance but it seems to be bugged.
"
kevlee wrote:
It should be giving 15% to lightning resistance but it seems to be bugged.

GGG's stance is that a modifier can only affect a stat once. Since the "+% fire and lightning resistance" modifier already applies to lightning resistance at 100% of its value, making it apply to lightning resistance at 50% of its value is redundant.

They've made that stance clear in relation to Omniscience and modifiers to attributes. A modifier granting +10 to all attributes grants +10 to Omniscience, and a modifier granting +20 to Strength and Dexterity grants +20 to Omniscience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info