New mini boss in Fellshrine Ruins?!

Ok I haven't played PoE in a while but I can't find any information on the new Devotional Statues in Fellshrine Ruins, I activated them and it spawns a mini boss named "The Forgotten Daughter" in the ruins of the cathedral. Really fuckin cool, curious about the lore.
Last edited by ZeThingable on Jul 26, 2024, 8:04:27 PM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2024, 1:21:29 AM
Got goldrim from her xD
That's actually really cool. One of my favourite areas in the whole game, possibly because we all spent so long in it during beta and yet nothing really seemed to happen there. Also curious about the lore -- 'forgotten daughter' seems too specific and that design is...memorable.

Drop bears were originally meant to live there
I kinda wanted to put my monster in a pocket of Fellshrine Ruins (a nasty boss way off the road, probably after following a trail of dead things) but GGG opted for every one's weather being 'cloudy with a chance of drop bears' instead. Amusing but not really in line with the real-world drop bear being a solitary, apex predator.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I got gold and a couple of rares. But I also didn't die
"
That's actually really cool... Also curious about the lore -- 'forgotten daughter' seems too specific and that design is...memorable.

Not much there, yet, it seems.
There are three accessible tombs in FSR now with a small devotional statue.
When you click on the statues an orange glowing dot appears and a text says: "The mother of two, once the mother of three, weeps eternally"
Then, before you enter the Crypt, there are three statues standing around that cirlce, also with an orange glow and when you come closer "The Forgotten Daughter" spawns.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jul 28, 2024, 1:00:54 AM
I don't know enough about the lore at this point to speculate on anything, but will say it was a treat coming back to the game and finding something like this in one of the old zones. Optional, discoverable "events" that aren't part of any quest are nice.
Last edited by Elynole on Jul 27, 2024, 12:16:58 PM
"
Elynole wrote:
I don't know enough about the lore at this point to speculate on anything, but will say it was a treat coming back to the game and finding something like this in one of the old zones. Optional, discoverable "events" that aren't part of any quest are nice.

Oh, welcome back!
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Whoa its Ely.

This place never fails to surprise me.

Thanks for the info, Therion. That confirms for me a level of specificity with either hidden or forthcoming intent.

Good. I like a GGG that's one step ahead of the players.

I do wonder sometimes how much of PoE2's story and world they might seed in PoE1 updates now. I think they'd be mad not to connect the present of PoE1 to PoE2's past.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
So this has had some big impacts on lore in my eyes.

The three seems a clear allusion to Solaras, Lunaris and Vidri, Sun, Moon, and Earth, the latter of which we know 'died' some how (angering Solaris and putting Lunaris in a state of sorrow), seemingly to the Abyssals, but it's not super clear.

The mother of them however, is a newer concept, might be the Maven, but she doens't seem the type to mourn in her known incarnation. Perhaps she regressed? Could be Kalandra, she appears to predate the three celestial sisters, but there'd be no way to know. Hinakora is also possible, she's got a duality aspect, and is underground, linking her to Vidri, but again, not really enough to go on.

We do have a noted Mother, who was refered to as the Mother of Two. That is the Mother of Sin and Innocence. It might be that the 'Two' doesn't refer to them, but the celestial sisters (renamed after the death of Vidri). Meaning Sin and Innocence (the Demi-gods) are adopted, not part of this 'divine' family.
"
So this has had some big impacts on lore in my eyes.

The three seems a clear allusion to Solaras, Lunaris and Vidri, Sun, Moon, and Earth, the latter of which we know 'died' some how (angering Solaris and putting Lunaris in a state of sorrow), seemingly to the Abyssals, but it's not super clear.

The mother of them however, is a newer concept, might be the Maven, but she doens't seem the type to mourn in her known incarnation. Perhaps she regressed? Could be Kalandra, she appears to predate the three celestial sisters, but there'd be no way to know. Hinakora is also possible, she's got a duality aspect, and is underground, linking her to Vidri, but again, not really enough to go on.

We do have a noted Mother, who was refered to as the Mother of Two. That is the Mother of Sin and Innocence. It might be that the 'Two' doesn't refer to them, but the celestial sisters (renamed after the death of Vidri). Meaning Sin and Innocence (the Demi-gods) are adopted, not part of this 'divine' family.

dont know much about the lore but in the crossroads map there are the Etchings on Wood notes about a mother and her 3 daughters. may be is related to that.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info