So Powerful They Are Future Melee Nerf Targets

The more I look at these changes, the more awesome I see the power increases are for melee. Still would like my melee frenzy back, but until then, here is what will be just punch me in the face powerful.

Freezes and shocks. The damage being put out will make these ailments far more likely to hit bosses and definitely decimate map mobs, giving people a lot more reason to use them. Depending on how this plays out, there could be nerfs in the future. Just when you thought it was time to start using an Energy Blade!!!

Stuns. If you can pry yourself away from building around crits, stuns could be a regular thing and crazy effective. Slams and retaliations could leave bosses in stunned silence.

Bleeds will be interesting, but I think they are safe from future nerfs. The others above could be endangered species.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2024, 11:45:32 AM
Unless something is one shotting ubers using only 1c uniques I doubt they will want to nerf anything much since most of the community has been waiting for melee changes for years
Can you stun anything of importance?
Last edited by Thy_Agent47 on Jul 26, 2024, 11:30:19 AM
so it might be better to league start with , Archmage Hierophant over the Lacerate Gladiator??
well stun now is more for mapping with the garanteed stun chance mastery. i recently rage quit a stun char when the stun i got on the black star was so ridiculous i am not even sure i had time to land one hit during the stun

but the mastery works very well, you can stun full screens. just not as fun as locking bosses :(

edit : weaker than freeze ofc since mobs need to hit you but still
Last edited by SerialF on Jul 26, 2024, 11:47:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info