I Guess My Meme, But Fun, Bowzerker Is Dead?

I'm kind of over Deadeye for a long time now and every league since I've started playing in Delirium I messed around with using a bow on a berserker.

It was never anything too exceptional but it did its job for mapping and up to mid bosses, despite how awful getting rage was on a zerker with a bow. The ascendancy helped to a degree and with the eldritch implicit on crafted gloves.

Now in 3.25 it looks like all forms of acquiring rage are limited to melee?
The only thing I can think of are Kaom's gloves and Chainbreaker, which are both absolutely awful these days. And now with the rage on generic attack gone, IDK anymore.

I first started playing this game because I liked how sandboxy it was and how you could force certain interactions to work.
Now it looks like zerker rage is nerfed because every other class in the game was abusing it?

I don't understand why they could not have left it to generic rage/attack if you're an actual zerker. Do they not want zerkers using bows at all? Literally every other class/ascendancy you can find some kind of bow build.

Already took a break last league because I did not want to try and figure out how to make up for the attack speed loss on TS, esp as a TS zerker. Now this league atk speed and MS is gone from zerker. Even Deadeye is losing a bunch of dmg from Farshot? Like what is going on?

League launches in 8H and undecided if I'm going to come back, tbh.
I love Berserker and I love bows.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2024, 12:10:01 PM
Two sources of Rage I can think of on the top of my head that don't require melee:

1) Rage support (On attack)
2) Exarch influence of gloves
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Two sources of Rage I can think of on the top of my head that don't require melee:

To add to the list:

- Warlord's Mark (on stun)
- RRavenous Passion (spend mana to gain rage)
- Chainbreaker (Timeless keystone, turn mana recovery into rage regen)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

IIRC, the new patch notes on that gem aren't clear? If you hover over that support it says "supports melee attacks" I believe?
But yes, the wording does sound like it would support all generic attacks, which I got excited about at first.

Exarch on gloves is so minimal though. Even when zerker rage/atk worked with ranged, the extra rage was hardly noticeable on buildup.

Chainbreaker looks good on paper, but the +3 rage cost is a *multiplier* apparently? I think people in the past were saying you have to spend like 15-20 rage/atk which is insane.

To add to the list:

- Warlord's Mark (on stun)
- RRavenous Passion (spend mana to gain rage)
- Chainbreaker (Timeless keystone, turn mana recovery into rage regen)

Warlord's Mark is nice for mapping, but you cannot stun the boss at any reliable rate to get the rage. Also, marks contribute huge dmg (at least for ranged builds).

Not sure what Ravenous Passion is?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
The small Passive prior now causes you to Gain 1 Rage on Attack Hit

Patch notes update yesterday granted your wish. You get 2 rage on any attack hit from small passives on the rage side of zerker. That allows you to play with bows or wands or pseudo-melee projectile skills and cap out rage. Definitely looking at zerker as a 2nd build.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
"

Patch notes update yesterday granted your wish. You get 2 rage on any attack hit from small passives on the rage side of zerker. That allows you to play with bows or wands or pseudo-melee projectile skills and cap out rage. Definitely looking at zerker as a 2nd build.

Not sure if I trust this?

I have the latest PoB and just opened it up and it definitely says "on melee hit", so?
IDK. I hope you're right but I don't think ranged attacks is where they want to go with berserker/berserk gem.
"
009Status wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
"

Not sure if I trust this?

I have the latest PoB and just opened it up and it definitely says "on melee hit", so?
IDK. I hope you're right but I don't think ranged attacks is where they want to go with berserker/berserk gem.

It's in the patch notes, and easily located in the "Updates to Patch Notes" section below the "Bug Fixes" section.

They're the first two entries under the "Updates for 2024-07-26" spoiler: the small passives on the Berserker ascendancy granting rage on hit now apply to attack hits instead of melee hits.

It's in the patch notes, and easily located in the "Updates to Patch Notes" section below the "Bug Fixes" section.

They're the first two entries under the "Updates for 2024-07-26" spoiler: the small passives on the Berserker ascendancy granting rage on hit now apply to attack hits instead of melee hits.[/quote]

Oh nice, thanks.
I was trying to read it under the berserker/rage section and just scrolled to bottom now.

This gives me some hope at least, but need to calculate how it's going to feel with the new 0.5sec rule and trying to factor in losing a whopping 10 rage/sec now.

Loss of MS is major too so trying to fit in Haste aura now not sure how to pull it off.

For melee I'm sure it'll be OK, but in the past making a bowzerker was such a high opportunity cost.
As someone else said, might leave it for a 2nd character.
"
009Status wrote:

Not sure what Ravenous Passion is?

Helmet, note that it converts Rage Attack Damage bonus into Spell Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info