Retaliation skills is an example of why i wanted POE2 to "fix" POE1 so badly

simply put i dont have sockets to spare.

i'm not a "1 button andy", i m more of a traditional, 1 button for single target, 1 button for clearing/aoe andy.

to do both well i use up 2x 6L

the obvious solution is to simply switch between weaponswaps, but i really dont like the idea of having one weapon weaker than the other.

poe2 solves this issue elegantly by giving us a bigger number of dedicated sockets which can all be 6linked.

i want to use retaliation but i dont feel like i can warrant it enough that i give up a slot.

not to forget, CWDT and etc setups
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Jul 24, 2024, 12:16:37 AM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2024, 7:23:38 PM
well there definetly is a poe2 feel to this upgrade

skill + retaliate + banner + warcry + vaal skill + potentially berserk buff with the amount of rage we get
that s a lot of dynamic gameplay.

and the removal of totems because "we dont like fire and forget gameplay" (quote is super approx)
Maybe I just haven't spent enough time looking at retaliation but it doesn't seem that great to me right now. Your garden variety heavy strike is 85% of base attack speed and almost 600% base damage. No internal cooldown. Easily beating any retaliation skill.

Retaliation is better than the old triggers to be sure. I don't think I'd dedicate a socket base for them. Between MS, warcries, main skill and movement skills there is not a lot of room left.

A lot has changed though. With the heavy nerfs to determination and grace there is more room on the sockets now. But then again what options exist to defend ones self? Those have changed too.

It'll be interesting to see how it maps out.
As a designer I think what we have right now is far more interesting than what we will go to with PoE2.

We gain versatility sure but it also removes one of the most important/defining build elements.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
As a designer I think what we have right now is far more interesting than what we will go to with PoE2.

Yeah, PoE 2 will probably be more streamlined, at least the first year(s). But while I do like this patch, I feel the defensive options are a bit more lacking. This seems like a "go endurance charges or go home" kind of league, at least if you want to be somewhat tanky and don't want to go all-in to the softcore Andy playstyle. Sure, block is back to it's former glory, but you always have to build around being hit.

The first thing here; the removal of stun immunity on Champ, Glad and Berserker, which funnels them all into very few choices for 'most' of the game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
SerialF wrote:
skill + retaliate + banner + warcry + vaal skill + potentially berserk buff with the amount of rage we get
that s a lot of dynamic gameplay.

Personal I'm under the impression these are toys/tools we are NOT supposed to use ALL of them but only a subset of them i.e. skill + retaliate, or skill + banner + warcry, or...
But no PoB to proof this.
relax - it's just ones and zeros!
You can pseudo 6L the retaliate with item affix slots. As an example putting it in boots with fortify would already make it a 5L and you can skip taking fortify nodes.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
So far, i absolutely detest new retaliate skills, they changed them from retaliation skills to a crappy gimmicky slam skill with requirements. If they had kept the old ones AND put in the new ones then they would have been good, so far, they suck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info