Recently Asked Questions

Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur will begin July 26 1PM (PDT) on PC, Mac, and Consoles.

In this thread, we’ll round up any questions we answered elsewhere in the community so that you can find all that information in one easy place. The most recent information will always be at the top. We intend to update this post every weekday with any questions that have been answered that day. We will also fold our FAQ news posts into this post as they happen. When we add a new question and answer, we’ll reply to the thread so that it gets picked up by various community trackers.

Head over to www.pathofexile.com/settlers to check out the trailer, content reveal and everything this expansion includes.

Does the Divination Scarab of Pilfering work with Destructive Play?

If player B joins player A's hideout, can player B then desecrate spectral corpses of player A's spectres?

Overexertion support says it cannot support Vaal skills but what about Vaal skills that can be exerted, such as Vaal Ground Slam?

Does aura effect increase the damage reduction on Flesh and Stone?

Can we get clarification on Flesh and Stone's scaling with distance?

Is it intended that the ailment damage penalty previously shown on Eviscerate is no longer present?

Can Retaliation skills be Exerted?

Is the cluster jewel mod 'Added Small Passive Skills also grant: 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed with Physical Skills' now unusable with most melee skills since they lost their 'Physical' tag?

How does Lightning Conduit interact with the multiple shocks from Warden's Oath of Spring?

How do the multiple shocks from Oath of Spring interact with normal shocks applied by other players or minions?

Can Tinctures have quality?

If I have the Tincture Mastery that causes the first 6 mana burn to have no effect, when I reach 7 Mana Burn am I losing 1% or 7% of my mana per second?

Can I use items that lower my maximum mana combined with flat mana regeneration to sustain a very large number of Mana Burn stacks?

Will autoexerted warcries still cost mana?

Is the Banner mastery to make enemies take 8% increased damage supposed to scale with the Banner aura itself?

Does each banner have its own Valour count or is it shared?

Does the Banner mastery that grants Valour when you Warcry work with triggered Warcries (e.g. from Autoexertion)?

Does the new Perfect Agony prevent effects that spread ailments (e.g. Ignite Proliferation, Pathfinder's Master Toxicist) from functioning?

With quality on weapons and armour being changed to be multiplicative, have the Harvest enchantments that change the effects of quality also been changed to be multiplicative?

How do the doubled dual wielding bonuses from Gladiator's Determined Survivor node interact with the doubled dual wielding attack speed from Claw Mastery?

The rework to Vaal Pact significantly changes Mahuxotl's Machination. Was this a targeted nerf or oversight?

How much damage do I need to inflict Shock when I have Warden's Oath of Spring node? How does it interact with increased effect or additional maximum effect of shock?

How does the new t17 'monsters fracture on death' map mod work?

Dancing Dervish feels like it will become mandatory on every build, can we prevent this please?

Is Hoarfrost an ailment?

Is the 2 second freeze from Warden's Oath of Winter passive affected by freeze duration modifiers?

Does gold scale with modifiers to quantity of items found in an area? What about the resources from the Settlers of Kalguur mining encounters?

Does Far Shot's new damage bonus apply to all damage, or only a subset of damage?

Do Oath of Spring/Winter/Summer work with mines, or are the hits required to be from weapons?

How does Valour work? How do we generate it? What is the maximum?

If you have two tinctures active using Warden's Experienced Herbalist passive, take the Nature's Concoction notable passive, and have a flask adjacent to two active tinctures, does it gain 2 charges on hit or 4?

How will the new Vaal Pact work with Slayer leech?

Can you apply the new Runesmithing enchantments to unique weapons?

Eternal Damnation + Ralekesh Boots feels a little op, do you plan to change these?

Does The Taming count all 50 shocks with Warden's Oath of Spring to give you up to 1000% increased damage?

What happens if you allocate both Perfect Agony and Elemental Overload?

Do sources of damage over time multiplier still apply when you have Perfect Agony?

What sources of critical strike multiplier work with the reworked Perfect Agony Keystone?

How does aggravating bleeding work with multiple stacks of bleeding? What if you aggravate a 100 dps bleed and then inflict a non-aggravated 200 dps bleed? Crimson Dance???

How exactly does Gladiator's Determined Survivor node interact with the block chance of my shield?

Does Oath of Winter still require you to deal a certain amount of damage to inflict Hoarfrost?

Can I still respec with Regret Orbs or is it gold only now?

Are ores/bars/food/resources etc. tradable?

How does Rage on hit work with multiple sources of the stat?

Does the Deadeye frenzy node work while using Flicker Strike?

With item quantity being removed from items, what will happen with race rewards that have quantity on them?

Is the Barkskin skill on Warden the same as it appeared in Affliction League?

Are all Affliction corpses being readded?

Is there a maximum number of trades in the currency exchange?

Do the maps your runners complete interact with your atlas tree at all?

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
How does the new t17 'monsters fracture on death' map mod work?

When a rare monster dies it has a 25% chance to fracture. When this happens it will fracture into a magic monster for each of the modifiers it had. So a 4 mod rare would become 4 magic monsters with one of those mods each.
How much damage do I need to inflict Shock when I have Warden's Oath of Spring node? How does it interact with increased effect or additional maximum effect of shock?

Oath of Spring does not change the minimum amount of damage required to shock an enemy.

The 2% shock effect value is an override and your stats can't modify it further. Increased shock effect does allow you to apply this shock with smaller hits.
Does each banner have its own Valour count or is it shared?

Shared, it's a counter on your character rather than on a specific skill.

Does the Banner mastery that grants Valour when you Warcry work with triggered Warcries (e.g. from Autoexertion)?

Yes.

Does the new Perfect Agony prevent effects that spread ailments (e.g. Ignite Proliferation, Pathfinder's Master Toxicist) from functioning?

No, they still function as normal as they are not inflicted by hits at all.

With quality on weapons and armour being changed to be multiplicative, have the Harvest enchantments that change the effects of quality also been changed to be multiplicative?

No, these enchantments have not received any changes.

How do the doubled dual wielding bonuses from Gladiator's Determined Survivor node interact with the doubled dual wielding attack speed from Claw Mastery?

They do not stack — the Claw Mastery will provide no additional benefit if you have Determined Survivor.

The rework to Vaal Pact significantly changes Mahuxotl's Machination. Was this a targeted nerf or oversight?

Neither. The shield is designed to be a collection of all the Vaal-themed keystone passives on one item. If one of the keystones changes then the shield's function will naturally change in turn, and we don't have any concerns with that as long as the item can still function.
Is the Banner mastery to make enemies take 8% increased damage supposed to scale with the Banner aura itself?

No, we plan to change this as it was not intended to scale with aura effect or with Valour. We'll update the patch notes to reflect this change.
Will autoexerted warcries still cost mana?

Yes.
Is the cluster jewel mod 'Added Small Passive Skills also grant: 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed with Physical Skills' now unusable with most melee skills since they lost their 'Physical' tag?

Yes, deal with it.

How does Lightning Conduit interact with the multiple shocks from Warden's Oath of Spring?

It removes all of the shocks, and calculates damage based on their combined magnitude.

How do the multiple shocks from Oath of Spring interact with normal shocks applied by other players or minions?

The shock from the other source will always apply since it's bigger than any of your Oath of Spring shocks. You can then have up to 49 Oath of Spring shocks active on the enemy on top of that.

Can Tinctures have quality?

Yes, and Glassblower's Baubles can now apply quality to Tinctures as well as Flasks. Tinctures gain 1% more effect per quality.

If I have the Tincture Mastery that causes the first 6 mana burn to have no effect, when I reach 7 Mana Burn am I losing 1% or 7% of my mana per second?

1%.

Can I use items that lower my maximum mana combined with flat mana regeneration to sustain a very large number of Mana Burn stacks?

Yes, but only to an extent. Each stack of Mana Burn drains a minimum of 1 mana per second.
Is it intended that the ailment damage penalty previously shown on Eviscerate is no longer present?

Yes

Can Retaliation skills be Exerted?

No, the reminder text for exertion reads "(Vaal Attacks, Channelling Attacks, Retaliation Attacks, and Attacks which Repeat cannot be Exerted)"
Does aura effect increase the damage reduction on Flesh and Stone?

Aura effect scales the extra damage in Blood Stance, but not the damage reduction in Sand Stance (as that is an effect of the buff on you, not the aura).

Can we get clarification on Flesh and Stone's scaling with distance?

Enemies within 1.5 metres of you receive the full effect, then it scales linearly down to nothing at the edge of the area. Increasing the AoE of the aura doesn't change the 1.5 metre distance for maximum effect, only the interpolation.
Overexertion support says it cannot support Vaal skills but what about Vaal skills that can be exerted, such as Vaal Ground Slam?

Vaal Ground Slam has a special exception where it can be supported by Overexertion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info