WHy another slow league?

To me next league seems like some ANNO game.. doesnt really fit in hack 'n slash Diablo like genre.
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2024, 12:19:12 PM
I mean, a tower defense minigame doesn't really fit into the genre either, but here we are. They're innovating, and you have to give them credit for that. We'll have time to try it out and give our opinion.
at this point anything is better than necropolis. this was the longest 4 month in poe history
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
at this point anything is better than necropolis. this was the longest 4 month in poe history

8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
The town mechanic will only consume as much time as you want to give it, and should mostly run by itself in the background while you're killing monsters. Just set it, and forget it until it's time to collect your next batch of rewards. It doesn't look anywhere near as fiddly as the gardening in Harvest, for example, or the crafting in Necropolis.

Add to that the stuff that's being added into maps this time around, like the Sentinel and Affliction events, and I don't think it's going to feel that slow once you're in there.

Like a lot of things, you'll get out what you put in. If you go in expecting to be miserable, and writing it off before even trying it, then you probably won't enjoy it much. Personally, I'm looking forward to it.
I AM READY. Nov. 15th, here we come!
"
Tuomari wrote:
To me next league seems like some ANNO game.. doesnt really fit in hack 'n slash Diablo like genre.

Game has been going 10+ years, ideas for league content need to get exotic to make sure it isn't stale...this IS a good thing, even if you don't like it.

Also why do some people see the league and come to the conclusion that it is something else entirely, all you are really doing is queuing up content so you can be rewarded while not online...but ONLY if you play the game to earn the gold to facilitate this, gold can't be traded so YOU have to gather it yourself.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
2 issues with poe, clickning and management
league mechanic solves management and clicking to some extent

"
Tuomari wrote:

this isnt diablo like genre THANK GOD this is poe hack n slash genre like
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 21, 2024, 8:42:14 AM
It's not a slow league. We're finally back to a "find a thing on the map and kill all the enemies near it" league. You just return to the town every once in a while to process your extra extra loot with a few clicks.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

this isnt diablo like genre THANK GOD this is poe hack n slash genre like

The developers themselves have admitted that they heavily took inspiration from Diablo (2).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info