MTX Modularity

Leaving suggestions for two similar but separate things related to character MTX.

Everyone has their own taste and preference for this or that MTX aesthetic. With that in mind, I would like to talk first about improved modularity; specifically the ability to swap torso/legs separately. I understand how implementing this could be non-trivial, with potential "seams" arising in some leg/torso combinations, and with the way some effects are associated with the entire armor set. This would address a plethora of concerns people have regarding things like "I wish this MTS had an option for legs, instead of a swirling/flying effect". If the flying character effect were associated with the legs only, then this modularity would address that. With regard to visible seams: this is probably an intrinsic problem with modular sets, as we can see this problem on a smaller scale with helm/torso mismatches, glove/torso mismatches etc. So I don't think it's a huge concern; some combinations simply wouldn't "work"

My second suggestion is more straight forward. Increase the value and variation of MTX sets with more selectable options or "tiers" (like we saw in the Night Lotus armour for example) that include subtle changes with flair and embellishments such as shoulder pauldron style, or to remove extravagant attachments that sit on top of a particular helm.

I realize that these features would be additional work to implement, but I feel that they would really go a long way to increase the MTX value for me, and increase the general variation and creative customization options for everyone.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I alone? I feel that this would be a very exciting change, but what do you think?
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2024, 10:17:37 AM
I really wish they could involve helmet attachments in these packs again. I would love to use the Paladin pack if I could remove that egregious crown on top of the helmet. There is a slot for it, why not add to versatility?
"
DrSoprano wrote:
I really wish they could involve helmet attachments in these packs again. I would love to use the Paladin pack if I could remove that egregious crown on top of the helmet. There is a slot for it, why not add to versatility?

Yeah that sort of thing, exactly. Personalization and variation. Huge increased value of the cosmetics, simply by making them more modular or have variants.

We already see this sort of thing with the color options of armour in the microtransaction shop, but most people seem to agree these should be variations of the same purchase too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info