Clarity on Perfect Agony + Elemental Equilibrium

> Ailments never count as being from Critical Strikes

> Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments to be equal to Critical Strike Multiplier, causes Critical Strikes to not deal extra damage, and makes it so Non-Critical Strikes cannot inflict Ailments

When using elemental equilibrium, it makes sense that Ailments from crits are turned off, along with the baseline 50%.

> X% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes

Based on the verbage here Elemental overload doesn't turn off crits for the ability so the ability still crits, proccing the ailment.

The ailment then looks at the baseline Damage over Time Multi (in theory).

Is it correct to assume that you will lose the ... Ailments from Critical Strike multi, but otherwise Perfect Agony will work with equilibrium?
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2024, 4:37:19 AM
Are you talking about Elemental Equilibrium or Elemental Overload?

I assume you're talking about the latter. Currently Elemental Overload doesn't work with Perfect Agony because of wording on PA "Modifiers to Critical Strike Multiplier also apply to Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes" while EO says "Ailments never count as being from Critical Strikes".

New Perfect Agony states "Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments is equal to Critical Strike Multiplier, Critical Strikes do not deal extra damage, Non-Critical Strikes cannot inflict Ailments"

Nothing on EO prevents PA from working anymore.
Last edited by Rainmaker48 on Jul 20, 2024, 1:51:14 PM
"
Rainmaker48 wrote:

Nothing on EO prevents PA from working anymore.

Non-critical strikes cannot inflict Ailments

Aliments never count as being from Critical Strikes

these could very easily conflict, it depends on ggg's interpretation of english. realistically i expect you can't inflict ailments with hits at all if you have both allocated
jsdf
You're probably right, I can see it working exactly the way you said.

However, even so - it still doesn't mean you can't apply ailments at all, because by that logic another corner case arises.

To reiterate, we deal with these two limitations: 1) "Non-critical strikes cannot inflict Ailments" and 2) "Ailments never count as being from Critical Strikes"

But what if we have 100% chance to Ignite and crit at the same time? It should deny the ailment application on the basis of it being a crit, but the hit also has a guaranteed ignite chance.

So its a crit (goes around limitation 1) and has 100 ignite chance (goes around limitation 2).

So, for example, Elementalist's Shaper of Flames + 100% crit chance is one possible case that makes Perfect Agony and Elemental Overload work together in 3.25.
Last edited by Rainmaker48 on Jul 21, 2024, 1:38:04 AM
EO doesn't prevent you from inflicting ailments with crits. So yes, they will work together.
got clarified in the FAQ, works the way i said after all

if you allocate both, you cannot apply ailments

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3532389#15
jsdf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info