Names of Lightning skeletons are all shuffled in-game, it it a bug or intended?

Ok, Flame and Frost Harbinger are mage that have LMP

But lightning damage skeleton mage is called Thunder Champion

And then Flame Champion and Frost Champion are the melee skeletons that have shield and additional block chance

And then melee skeletons that have shield (plus block), that deals lightning damage is called "Thunder Guardian" (the version in Ancient Pyramid only)

And then Flame Guardian and Frost Guardian are those normal melee skeleton

It came to full circle that Thunder Harbinger are the normal spell skeleton

Is it intended to shuffle the name, or not actually intended?

edit: shield one are refers to Metadata/Monsters/Skeletons/SkeletonMeleeLightningShieldVaal, Metadata/Monsters/Skeletons/SkeletonMeleeLightningShield, Metadata/Monsters/Skeletons/SkeletonMeleeLightningShieldVaalHellscape

so that not only the version in Ancient Pyramid

edit 2: Thunder Harbinger is spell but not melee so that i don't know what it should be named
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 29, 2024, 1:34:10 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2024, 2:23:08 AM
possible related

the lightning melee skeleton in Act 6 prison (SkeletonMeleeLightning5) is called "Thunder Guardian"

But in Act 2 lightning melee skeleton in The Caverns (Metadata/Monsters/Skeletons/SkeletonMeleeLightningVaal) are called Bone Warden, but once again the skeleton in other element are called Flame Guardian and Frost Guardian in that area

So that either it is the name shuffled , or the monster id mismatch with area

edit:

probably this mismatch was in-game for so long so that Vaal Bone Warden may need to be called Vaal Thunder Guardian instead

edit2:

well, seems this mismatch was since open beta or since 2014?, so that is it intended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOOYiLvxRtg
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 30, 2024, 7:23:32 AM
additional can of worm
edit: Found can of worm that Flame/Frost Guardian can spawn outside vaal-themed area.

So that either the skeleton in Caverns:

Flame Guardian, Frost Guardian, Bone Warden:

Bone Warden inside Caverns need to be renamed, and Flame Guardian, Frost Guardian outside Caverns need to be renamed

or

Flame Guardian (SkeletonMeleeFireVaal) and Frost Guardian (SkeletonMeleeColdeVaal) in Caverns need to be renamed to make them have exclusive name only for Caverns. Since Bone Warden currently can't be found outside vaal-themed area and unique map

But.

There are Vaal Frost Guardian, Vaal Flame Guardian and Vaal Bone Warden, so that again it has to be follow the above "or" option

edit2

After a bid of research, "Scorched Guard" was used to be in Crematorium. Unsure when there is 3 difficulties, each difficulties have different monster or not, but for sure it can be the name to replace Flame Guardian (id: SkeletonMeleeFire ) that currently in Crematorium

Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 30, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
Summary:

Wrong name > correct name

* Thunder Guardian (SkeletonMeleeLightningShieldVaal, SkeletonMeleeLightningShield, SkeletonMeleeLightningShieldVaalHellscape only) > Thunder Champion (to match other elemental skeleton that have additional block and an actual shield)

* Thunder Champion (SkeletonCasterLightningMultipleProjectiles) > Thunder Harbinger (to match other elements' mage with LMP)

* Thunder Harbinger (SkeletonCasterLightning4; normal skeleton mage) > ? (to match other elements)

The following one only applies if one of the option in the can of worm is chosen

* Thunder Guardian (id: SkeletonMeleeLightning5) spawnable in Act 6 prison > any other name that match the theme (e.g. is "Shavronne's Admirer" (id: SkeletonMeleeLightningShavronne) actually an in-game monster or just datamined?)

* Bone Warden (id SkeletonMeleeLightningVaal) in vaal part of the Caverns > Thunder Guardian (match other elements)

* Vaal Bone Warden > Vaal Thunder Guardian (match other elements)

* Flame Guardian (variant in outside Caverns only; id. SkeletonMeleeFire e.g. The Crematorium, Olmec's Sanctum, The Coward's Trial) > whatever name or swapping the monster("Scorched Guard"?)

* Frost Guardian (variant in outside Caverns only; id. SkeletonMeleeCold e.g. Olmec's Sanctum, The Coward's Trial) > whatever name

Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 29, 2024, 10:56:57 PM
problem still exists in 3.25

well, may be not fixed for another decade ?

+

Thanks for your report, I'll pass this on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info