Missed the discussion around PoE 2 optimization

Anyone has any kind of video about the developers of PoE 2 and how they are planning to optimize the game ?

Currently I cannot play too much PoE because yea , a lot of technical issues from league to league that I cannot seem to solve even on high end PC's. So I am wondering if PoE 2 will be better optimized or still be the same thing, wanted to watch a clip around it but cannot find any.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2024, 12:00:44 PM
PoE2 is largely balanced and targeted towards the console player audience.
Game should run pretty fine as long as your rig is just as "powerful" as the modern consoles.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
hoho this should be good.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
New game. Same GGG engine.

It's not tied to PoE1 so that's a plus. Reports already however that performance in the press builds suffers often.

It's a pre-alpha build of course so I wouldnt get too bent out of shape on that. The visual clarity looks better in PoE2 for now, but God only knows what endgame will look like, and what hell mtx will create.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is performance will be better in genreal, but still be mid at best. They are trying to appeal to a wider swath of player it seems, so perhaps this will be reflected in the systems it's desgined for (including console). But I will believe it when I see it.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 19, 2024, 11:13:12 AM
can someone enlighten me on the state of poe 1 on modern console ? are consoles suffering in delirium high density map wtih party plays and crazy builds ?

and is 550€ the price of console we re talking about ?
Last edited by SerialF on Jun 20, 2024, 2:26:10 PM
"
SerialF wrote:
can someone enlighten me on the state of poe 1 on modern console ? are consoles suffering in delirium high density map wtih party plays and crazy builds ?

Currently I cannot talk about the console state as I do not play there, but on PC last league was unplayable, even on my high end last generation i7 and 4060 TI with 32gb ram my CPU was at 100% almost all time and it was only act1.

My other PC it's a bit old with i7 9600 16gb ram and a 960 GTX can barely run it, in every combat my frames go down and the game is all pixalated and it was only act 1..

I am just afraid of running poe outside of anything other than nvidia live being stuck at 100% all the time, and I just don't want to pay for a free game every month...
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
SerialF wrote:

Currently I cannot talk about the console state as I do not play there, but on PC last league was unplayable, even on my high end last generation i7 and 4060 TI with 32gb ram my CPU was at 100% almost all time and it was only act1.

My other PC it's a bit old with i7 9600 16gb ram and a 960 GTX can barely run it, in every combat my frames go down and the game is all pixalated and it was only act 1..

I am just afraid of running poe outside of anything other than nvidia live being stuck at 100% all the time, and I just don't want to pay for a free game every month...

4060 is not even close to high end, its budget last gen card, high end is 4080-4090.
I do have 14700k and most of the time cpu is at 30-35%
The game runs pretty fine at 180+ FPS
"
Neversalim wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
SerialF wrote:

4060 is not even close to high end, its budget last gen card, high end is 4080-4090.
I do have 14700k and most of the time cpu is at 30-35%
The game runs pretty fine at 180+ FPS

I also have 14700k and it's strange that it was stuck at 100% all the time, also when I bought the videocard it was high end but not the point right now...

Guess I will try it again tomorrow to see if it was probably something not well optimised...The video card was not even touched from what I could see in speed fan but the cpu was strongly getting hit..

I will retry though tomorrow and see if things are better now.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
SerialF wrote:

Game is fine here with Ryzen 3700X and Geforce 1070Ti (even in the end-game a smooth 60FPS), make sure the game isn't using integrated graphics. your 4060Ti *should* in theory outperform my 1070Ti.

You might need to turn down Global Illumination quality with a low end card (I had to when I had a Geforce 760).

Turn on multithreading in the graphics settings.

My experience is when playing with at most one other person.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 21, 2024, 2:33:09 PM
Will try it tonight, the thingie with global ilumination...Since my GPU is only 970 lol.

I will also update the bios on the other machine and try to see if the 100% proc has been fixed.

But yea for PoE specifically I should have gone with the Rayzen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info