Need Help Please - End Game - L95 T16 Done - Need More DPS & Survival Skills for better farming

Genuine serious request please. I'm trying to up my game to the next level

95 Pathfinder, FarOPOLIS - All Ascendancies, solo all maps ( struggled with some bosses ) Best build I've ever had but stuck now

GOALS:
1 - Become Tankier
2 - Next level DPS
3 - Move up from chaos recipe farming
4 - get Progenesis & Mageblood ( impossible with L110 delve & chaos recipe farming )
5 - Have more fun ( pushing content, trying expensive gear, staying alive lol )

Specced out of an initial Maxroll TR ballista build ( doesn't work later without Progenesis ) to Path Of Evening CA / TR Mirage build. Got stuck in tree.

4.3k HP, Not enough DPS and can still get 1 shot. Over capped all res including spell suppression with auras and flasks, 75% physical & 75% Evasion

I've watched hundreds of hours of content from really good content creators but now totally stuck understanding how to reach millions of dps etc. Not impressed with those videos of farm x divines per hour one upmanship.

I'm a willing student who really wants to get to that next level. I use POB ( trying to paste my build link at end of message

Thanks in advance :)

Spoiler
eNqtW1tz4rgSfp79FS7eJwQMJNkiu0WAXKqSCQcyM-c8TQlbgDayRNkyCfvrT0uywWGQI2HPQ8ag7q8vUre6G-j__R5Rb4PjhHB23WidnTc8zAIeEra8bnx_uf162fj7rz_6EyRWz4ublFC58tcfX_rq2aN4gynwNTyB4iUWP3Ik_xcgrRETK8zZE_qHx3c8vG584ww3vDliIRH5q4CiJPmGInzdmAXA3PBQEmAWDvfvZ4QrFKNA4PhRSh2kgj_xEFZFnMJqhAib8eAVi7uYp2ul1IbgN03z8DR5nr4UVCKsqBJY9KU_oWiL45lAwkvgz3VjAI5BSzxCEfwFNERTgGqfdS66jWYpy00aJ8KFb7bGONyRts7aJsJJjMeLBQ4E2eBhTMRwhViwF3Ju4nOlfUqpIGtKcFzQyqj-_W_gV1cm2hcuEB1NZgXHXF2UE3PxudI_iVjdUPCiLbRkeFgyIrALx4SThDNX9Yv0ZrenlEJ0WdFOcYLjDRLkoy5mbB7NCbN3zhNiaMgTC79LygmOIWKFE8MMBxyC3FWGI-cjWWB7Sic7MgZXbU6zYzyzpXMGPk2hKaQ2O8oZT6klpdgnm7aRaoTfLagemLDC2nCh7pzPdFORPL6f7Ci7V2etlu-fn3eu2r1Wy5ivV9uEBIg-oXcSpREkyhf0ivcCeyWHZbkSDBKCidW_NLHekhi7cw05DU_gWiGeuLM9wXV9D3XAIAhSuNW3O5ZOafRY-A2u0uBPSfvAAruQ_M5ilU4LN3CvlGEKgSIv-jnFlhx7EVm47W_V809ELTHL5G3tzHnEOFjdgX-nSGC75Lo_1eVulbRWbpWER9zatWRwcJJkNDjp7KqMydFNY4bj5Xa2IpiGbtS5YkO0tsiB0s1Fbit3fxTndGKKrI4u-Yni0O6mcNVpg5JiVm71yt2lye0OJoYaERhCbFsNT2L-j6y3qRvbII54GltuuCa2MiC_UHR3McVhGtjdYDcUuiNb7UErSp04BkKg4HXEwyV2EuLEsWt9FOssXa8hY8i9twWQNyPUzqRQjnztWVA_w8G1il95idoL2FNbC9iVBfZSDljsbZFXu4Mxe3JrEbsNfYLUEEHKV40w9Oz72DduDrRLVr2PIrTswSb8DTRfyWFG4kYNJdC-7DGqEmP279Ya_wO5lYAxC6GcglCwlnHIcUzMC4kgbSbJCAnkhVnN_APFBDHRVpOWBKM4WD3C1t8iSueQCa4bxXflqwPGVr63_aYaJsmnh2jNY-FRlAgoDHnKxD1KVkDYafU6PrrqLM797sKfX553ry4vL879VjhvXV7483ZwFfiLRUOxTjGiEezOsOHhdwk4QbHYXjcWiCZYi1TvgEaJIEx10ZDAKG14sxV_G4Qb6Y8XzmmSM3lovcYs_IDxEmPsoTwdBdIc5S35wotAD7jr9PlOpPmFqdZDKDfEYxwUgKLo8tL3pbNk94Xi7eAjISOglwBZheFau5PNzTSSFPul_336qB6-rIRYJ382m29vb2drJFZ8gd_h-joLeNRcAxMo_DV5JZR-lbDNAfy7WQ7UPwXUzJH6eqCWNPUrGdUxAZ31qWhKQ9X-SU_Ih29c4ESuyTfzF_2ZFJV4CWzEHY6Smy1E4q0sNw7GEpkrJfUMC32sijz5pC_EC5RS-f5_UkSJ3Nnz4ruPeijJeBzt-i6Agp2VF4ZGfNmupesHj496ZUBFBibF5dustzNTyCPh_sRqm-TjENFA2dx_YOtUeExNLCOSBL_m6WIhx48gQsRqojq-vR0PXx5-jLPAKrKoHfnF0mguZ276_336m2F1zXtJOk_043XjB8FvSpERFohQCPaAU4rWCd4dVKV0ZgEFvhI0RQUdXD62PI61JzAjjd9xDHG1hPowiAk26rVb_0QpLVDWjjIRmdDklNAMpMuTocwOqrY1eEqNYc0ocjJqNEculvBCbkPUKDlb_cQTQh5biDqyIIHM4eVbLg-5pirxy67_Nu53VluZMdTY1QSgF83MeqBq4s5WS7yqJrhGr-pVM_sIB8hou140M-_aJc7ATSaUHVUJ0jfO1CGHoBkQKusg486OKd6RmAGfxQrH2eVjQnqCHJWTlAZOTOapMIdxgaLEV2p4Y_CQXDOz6gGFwQa5VpKJPjTtBocWacxQutk1JrIyVl0TG_2XVdglW5C1kgb369USJ-TdtMH-bLkkSFT-HWw4CXWXZQiXA7KyhAF1RXUY1TpWhznsJasj3kJp9mrc72zVzP5dEFmJHEHRBZAViAyqaggytqohTA8LiT3vtLyE2LUvR5nz1bLAz7qakxF073Uyu2oNT-ZW6XuEFxgsKM3fO5qS4y1SNgJniJKjbQml1DqeB_bWOWHpm-yopc6IOj6zDyDKQliTfAIEV_F9SbFnh7Qbb9xDSyo_POa0GuBvH7RUspOLBLFwJIezFQ2Vs910DWC5Zs_HqvX9lh6i9pt5H6XaatnZZNODmYhl9_wv59H_VKMnn7IWz8_aOqhxRwRcHasjksuRhP_NJx_9BwGNXdZjyue8xUwTrD_3_InRmjP1tmy5dX-mCY1EWU-YNcuUQ5MIHJM5NNBSad3YaR4PZMlF3bE3y1luMBXeYL5NEkQ93YR7bQf-XOQhRtcdo10DRsubvaH1IVCvBoN6NRjkgnHDIWYOAXwHgHsMGe-3va16Nk5yw7E96dawJ60aMDqODqnrTNYRZC4YqoRy8vrRE9iueH58Z5VdNuiO8g1OqhyT41HTc0ZwNrNV2UyXvR1EKcWihiPo15AW_cqmd5zd7XKOp1ChnRKvOvE5G1c1RLvOzqh-rbQrI1TXoVPVcZ26crvvpEm49fRkpf681a3rtm7VY1G76hY5V1CVU0uvHsu7lRXxXTNWq6qzWzXk9tpiqlvPPvQq1i_Vq5GqFVRNoejXlRpqAzqltTjNF3WdyZq24uQYqXiSarsd2jUkijowWnUZVFvW-h2o38xGPWoWpWZF6sN9zhZkmX9xJsArTkMcZyIww9E2--FO_nH9RfGLqsfoi7_DyZm6RpaELAl9Xqhh8kwgNRE__GZAiaD8o_ycxf9EuTwOdyLa5fTZdxA5pVPEioIuPhH08UuMBb5ytt0nWTl9z8wQ7X7AJH-2g2McztQ3AOSXimaYLgpWdvMRZLbb_ebh793-DyM9oJI=

Wrist disability & play POE on a PC with a controller

I play ranged - always up for party.
Now: Pathfinder CA / TRM ( Path of Evening hybrid ) Also trying out a Jug Boneshatter (Jorgen) build
Have Fun Exile!!
Last edited by FarStrike1 on May 28, 2024, 11:37:08 AM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2024, 1:20:53 PM
"
FarStrike1 wrote:
Genuine serious request please. I'm trying to up my game to the next level

95 Pathfinder, FarOPOLIS - All Ascendancies, solo all maps ( struggled with some bosses ) Best build I've ever had but stuck now

GOALS:
1 - Become Tankier
2 - Next level DPS
3 - Move up from chaos recipe farming
4 - get Progenesis & Mageblood ( impossible with L110 delve & chaos recipe farming )
5 - Have more fun ( pushing content, trying expensive gear, staying alive lol )

Specced out of an initial Maxroll TR ballista build ( doesn't work later without Progenesis ) to Path Of Evening CA / TR Mirage build. Got stuck in tree.

4.3k HP, Not enough DPS and can still get 1 shot. Over capped all res including spell suppression with auras and flasks, 75% physical & 75% Evasion

I've watched hundreds of hours of content from really good content creators but now totally stuck understanding how to reach millions of dps etc. Not impressed with those videos of farm x divines per hour one upmanship.

I'm a willing student who really wants to get to that next level. I use POB ( trying to paste my build link at end of message

Thanks in advance :)

Spoiler
eNqtW1tz4rgSfp79FS7eJwQMJNkiu0WAXKqSCQcyM-c8TQlbgDayRNkyCfvrT0uywWGQI2HPQ8ag7q8vUre6G-j__R5Rb4PjhHB23WidnTc8zAIeEra8bnx_uf162fj7rz_6EyRWz4ublFC58tcfX_rq2aN4gynwNTyB4iUWP3Ik_xcgrRETK8zZE_qHx3c8vG584ww3vDliIRH5q4CiJPmGInzdmAXA3PBQEmAWDvfvZ4QrFKNA4PhRSh2kgj_xEFZFnMJqhAib8eAVi7uYp2ul1IbgN03z8DR5nr4UVCKsqBJY9KU_oWiL45lAwkvgz3VjAI5BSzxCEfwFNERTgGqfdS66jWYpy00aJ8KFb7bGONyRts7aJsJJjMeLBQ4E2eBhTMRwhViwF3Ju4nOlfUqpIGtKcFzQyqj-_W_gV1cm2hcuEB1NZgXHXF2UE3PxudI_iVjdUPCiLbRkeFgyIrALx4SThDNX9Yv0ZrenlEJ0WdFOcYLjDRLkoy5mbB7NCbN3zhNiaMgTC79LygmOIWKFE8MMBxyC3FWGI-cjWWB7Sic7MgZXbU6zYzyzpXMGPk2hKaQ2O8oZT6klpdgnm7aRaoTfLagemLDC2nCh7pzPdFORPL6f7Ci7V2etlu-fn3eu2r1Wy5ivV9uEBIg-oXcSpREkyhf0ivcCeyWHZbkSDBKCidW_NLHekhi7cw05DU_gWiGeuLM9wXV9D3XAIAhSuNW3O5ZOafRY-A2u0uBPSfvAAruQ_M5ilU4LN3CvlGEKgSIv-jnFlhx7EVm47W_V809ELTHL5G3tzHnEOFjdgX-nSGC75Lo_1eVulbRWbpWER9zatWRwcJJkNDjp7KqMydFNY4bj5Xa2IpiGbtS5YkO0tsiB0s1Fbit3fxTndGKKrI4u-Yni0O6mcNVpg5JiVm71yt2lye0OJoYaERhCbFsNT2L-j6y3qRvbII54GltuuCa2MiC_UHR3McVhGtjdYDcUuiNb7UErSp04BkKg4HXEwyV2EuLEsWt9FOssXa8hY8i9twWQNyPUzqRQjnztWVA_w8G1il95idoL2FNbC9iVBfZSDljsbZFXu4Mxe3JrEbsNfYLUEEHKV40w9Oz72DduDrRLVr2PIrTswSb8DTRfyWFG4kYNJdC-7DGqEmP279Ya_wO5lYAxC6GcglCwlnHIcUzMC4kgbSbJCAnkhVnN_APFBDHRVpOWBKM4WD3C1t8iSueQCa4bxXflqwPGVr63_aYaJsmnh2jNY-FRlAgoDHnKxD1KVkDYafU6PrrqLM797sKfX553ry4vL879VjhvXV7483ZwFfiLRUOxTjGiEezOsOHhdwk4QbHYXjcWiCZYi1TvgEaJIEx10ZDAKG14sxV_G4Qb6Y8XzmmSM3lovcYs_IDxEmPsoTwdBdIc5S35wotAD7jr9PlOpPmFqdZDKDfEYxwUgKLo8tL3pbNk94Xi7eAjISOglwBZheFau5PNzTSSFPul_336qB6-rIRYJ382m29vb2drJFZ8gd_h-joLeNRcAxMo_DV5JZR-lbDNAfy7WQ7UPwXUzJH6eqCWNPUrGdUxAZ31qWhKQ9X-SU_Ih29c4ESuyTfzF_2ZFJV4CWzEHY6Smy1E4q0sNw7GEpkrJfUMC32sijz5pC_EC5RS-f5_UkSJ3Nnz4ruPeijJeBzt-i6Agp2VF4ZGfNmupesHj496ZUBFBibF5dustzNTyCPh_sRqm-TjENFA2dx_YOtUeExNLCOSBL_m6WIhx48gQsRqojq-vR0PXx5-jLPAKrKoHfnF0mguZ276_336m2F1zXtJOk_043XjB8FvSpERFohQCPaAU4rWCd4dVKV0ZgEFvhI0RQUdXD62PI61JzAjjd9xDHG1hPowiAk26rVb_0QpLVDWjjIRmdDklNAMpMuTocwOqrY1eEqNYc0ocjJqNEculvBCbkPUKDlb_cQTQh5biDqyIIHM4eVbLg-5pirxy67_Nu53VluZMdTY1QSgF83MeqBq4s5WS7yqJrhGr-pVM_sIB8hou140M-_aJc7ATSaUHVUJ0jfO1CGHoBkQKusg486OKd6RmAGfxQrH2eVjQnqCHJWTlAZOTOapMIdxgaLEV2p4Y_CQXDOz6gGFwQa5VpKJPjTtBocWacxQutk1JrIyVl0TG_2XVdglW5C1kgb369USJ-TdtMH-bLkkSFT-HWw4CXWXZQiXA7KyhAF1RXUY1TpWhznsJasj3kJp9mrc72zVzP5dEFmJHEHRBZAViAyqaggytqohTA8LiT3vtLyE2LUvR5nz1bLAz7qakxF073Uyu2oNT-ZW6XuEFxgsKM3fO5qS4y1SNgJniJKjbQml1DqeB_bWOWHpm-yopc6IOj6zDyDKQliTfAIEV_F9SbFnh7Qbb9xDSyo_POa0GuBvH7RUspOLBLFwJIezFQ2Vs910DWC5Zs_HqvX9lh6i9pt5H6XaatnZZNODmYhl9_wv59H_VKMnn7IWz8_aOqhxRwRcHasjksuRhP_NJx_9BwGNXdZjyue8xUwTrD_3_InRmjP1tmy5dX-mCY1EWU-YNcuUQ5MIHJM5NNBSad3YaR4PZMlF3bE3y1luMBXeYL5NEkQ93YR7bQf-XOQhRtcdo10DRsubvaH1IVCvBoN6NRjkgnHDIWYOAXwHgHsMGe-3va16Nk5yw7E96dawJ60aMDqODqnrTNYRZC4YqoRy8vrRE9iueH58Z5VdNuiO8g1OqhyT41HTc0ZwNrNV2UyXvR1EKcWihiPo15AW_cqmd5zd7XKOp1ChnRKvOvE5G1c1RLvOzqh-rbQrI1TXoVPVcZ26crvvpEm49fRkpf681a3rtm7VY1G76hY5V1CVU0uvHsu7lRXxXTNWq6qzWzXk9tpiqlvPPvQq1i_Vq5GqFVRNoejXlRpqAzqltTjNF3WdyZq24uQYqXiSarsd2jUkijowWnUZVFvW-h2o38xGPWoWpWZF6sN9zhZkmX9xJsArTkMcZyIww9E2--FO_nH9RfGLqsfoi7_DyZm6RpaELAl9Xqhh8kwgNRE__GZAiaD8o_ycxf9EuTwOdyLa5fTZdxA5pVPEioIuPhH08UuMBb5ytt0nWTl9z8wQ7X7AJH-2g2McztQ3AOSXimaYLgpWdvMRZLbb_ebh793-DyM9oJI=

Link not working for me, try hitting the share button i PoB before copying it
Thank you :) I will try again

Now: Pathfinder CA / TRM ( Path of Evening hybrid ) Also trying out a Jug Boneshatter (Jorgen) build
Have Fun Exile!!

Using the Share option from POB now. Thanks for the pointer to that. Link is POE Ninja as was struggling with POB. My flasks are permanently up and am overcapped in all resistances including SS ( ninja not showing that ) Saphire, Sulphur, Topaz & Granite

NINJA LINK: https://poe.ninja/pob/1H9F

POB LINK: https://pobb.in/6Dro2_eG-j0p

Quick update: I have made it to 96 and don't know enough to move forward. An example is my weapon and when to stay with pdps and when to add elemental damage. Main skills here are CA and TR ( Mirage ). I have a great bow but thinbk I am losing a lot of damage by it having a lot of elemental damage.

Then there is the multiplicitave trick which i don't properly get.

On the survival side I have the normal bases covered better than I ever have and whilst I can do most content I am still not tanky enough. Delve I'm depth 145 now but really want to push this to around 800. I just don't know enough to focus on the right thing and not sidetrack ( very easy to do )

My goal remains to farm for Progenesis and Mageblood and there is no way I could farm enough at this depth to afford them if the league stayed around another year :)

Have Fun Exile!!
Last edited by FarStrike1 on Jun 3, 2024, 2:23:24 AM
"
FarStrike1 wrote:

Using the Share option from POB now. Thanks for the pointer to that. Link is POE Ninja as was struggling with POB. My flasks are permanently up and am overcapped in all resistances including SS ( ninja not showing that ) Saphire, Sulphur, Topaz & Granite

NINJA LINK: https://poe.ninja/pob/1H9F

POB LINK: https://pobb.in/6Dro2_eG-j0p

Quick update: I have made it to 96 and don't know enough to move forward. An example is my weapon and when to stay with pdps and when to add elemental damage. Main skills here are CA and TR ( Mirage ). I have a great bow but thinbk I am losing a lot of damage by it having a lot of elemental damage.

Then there is the multiplicitave trick which i don't properly get.

On the survival side I have the normal bases covered better than I ever have and whilst I can do most content I am still not tanky enough. Delve I'm depth 145 now but really want to push this to around 800. I just don't know enough to focus on the right thing and not sidetrack ( very easy to do )

My goal remains to farm for Progenesis and Mageblood and there is no way I could farm enough at this depth to afford them if the league stayed around another year :)

Sorry but which guide are you following? Can you link the yt link?
I swopped from the 2.24 Maxroll TR ballista build mid campaign, to the 2.24 Necropolis Path of Evening Toxic Rain and caustic Arrow build. I got lost along the way ( through not understanding some of the passive tree decisions ) but ended up with something workable and pleasant to run with.
Path of Evening link: https://pobb.in/uK96S1XjBvHU
My version completed all T16 maps just fine. But some of the boss fights were impossible - Maven as an example was just not possible and frankly ruined the experience. not griping, I need to understand reality more clearly.

I'm a huge Path of Evening fan and love the explanations, this is a limitation in my own understanding ( after numerous content creators videos ) of the ( pleb ) mechanics of how to do dps properly and how we become more survivable in higher content ( such as Delve lvl 120'ish / 140' ish. I accept this is a lack of knowledge on my part so not griping. I'd like to play more competitive content and my knowledge needs to improve to get there. Else I'm bored where I am currently at.

An example ( to make sense of my request )
I have a great bow ( i think - its in the links ) Specifications are really good and it seems to cover all bases

However ...
My build focuses on TR ( with mirage archer ) and CA Caustic Arrow. This is chaos damage right? ( poison / chaos - same damage type between the skills )

Does my bow choice not need to rather focus on a specific damage type ( physical or chaos ) and not all the elemental damage types ( mine does it all ) in my bow or does that not make a difference? I do not understand how dps can go from where i am currently to the millions of DPS. I get excited when my dps goes up a few K and thats never going to cut it :) Some of the boss fights i just cannot do enough damage to stay alive. I can keep out of the way mostly but after 10 or 15 mins you will make a mistake or mistime something or just get unlucky as they just do not go down.

Survivability - I think Eldrich Battery ( which is amazing ) is making me less tanky as my ES no longer applies to life. Even with all res over capped - including spell suppression - I can still get 1 shot. Around Delve 140'ish it happens more frequently. I need to get better. My ranger playstyle is fun but you are always a half breath away from being organic material with no real understanding why you got there. I do not run reflect maps and yes this is user limitation not POE.

I have always played bow builds as that is my preferred playstyle ( some of my earlier characters where otherwise but never enjoyed them ) This league I created a Jugg ( Jorgen ) for the first time as second toon ( can't get my enjoyable ranger to do more content ) and am enjoying the Jugg playstyle. So for the first time really im seeing the benefits of armour on a melee character. However, from around Delve level 70'ish at toon level 80'ish, I could not survive until i went 4th vow with divine flesh ( think thats what it was ) and then the build became fun again. You still have to pay attention but its a little more relaxed. ( how on earth do you farm currency to get these pieces if this was your main?) I had to delve with ranger to farm the currency to gear the Jugg

GAMEPLAY: I love Delve, maps i just do to get sulphur. Most of the other mechanics do not make sense to me so focusing more seriously on what i enjoy and get comfortable with that - before looking more seriously at some of the other content.

I do not like the necropolis mechanics - sorry but its irritating and not fun for me personally - but have had my best POE general experience with understanding builds better by just playing normal content

I have a goal of getting Progenesis ( insane prices lol ) and Mageblood ( even more insane prices ) to suit my personal playstyle ( ive figured that out by watching a lot of videos not through experience ) To get them I need to farm more intelligently. Which means not just chaos recipe and resonators. I need to go deeper in delve. Happy to work for it but chaos recipe just will not cut it.

In a nutshell: since last few weeks of last league ( i returned late ) to now I have given up Netflix to play POE and watch content creator videos ( hundreds of hours )

Thank you in advance anyone willing to help me take the next step in my POE education :P

EDIT: Youtube Build link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPX3Dqj0EM&t=660s&pp=ygUtcGF0aCBvZiBldmVuaW5nIGNoYW5uZWwgdG94aWMgcmFpbiBwYXRoZmluZGVy

Have Fun Exile!!
Last edited by FarStrike1 on Jun 7, 2024, 10:29:03 AM
Have you tried to follow the build guide?
You should have a price for completing the atlas white that gear.

First of all, chaos is NOT elemental or poison damage. Chaos scale with damage over time and gem levels.

Your bow doesn't do anything for you, get a quill rain or buy a bow in the build guide.

If you don't understand the build, don't try to fix it yourself. Iv played Path of Evenings TR path finder to, and you need to look at what he has. Nothing that you have makes your build better.

And btw, fix your lighting res. that's your defense.

Hey Viking and ty for the reply. Think some of what i've been saying got lost in translation as I've changed so much in such a short time :)

Clarifying:
Yes I have been following the build guide - changing from another build guide mid levelling. I'm a huge Path of evening fan.

I am Over capped on ALL resists ( flasks uptime are part of my build ) specifically in order: 75%, 83%, 84%, 75% with 100% Spell Suppression Chance, 53% SS Damage Prevention. Lightning is 84% permanent uptime ( 94% overcapped )

I have a Quill Rain 6L and it was doing nothing for me ( this might be as I am using CA more than TR?.

No I don't know better :) The Quill Rain was too slow and not doing enough damage - at times I was completely stalled in boss fights and in Delve. Spending a couple of Div on that box improved my gaming significantly. It also showed me that I do not understand enough about how damage truly works - and yes I'm a huge SUBTRACTEM fan as well and watched his damage videos

In Min / Maxing I dropped a lot of Gear Resistances and shifted them to my flasks which has helped me gear better.

Where I really got lost in changing to Path of Evening's build, was I think when he did an update to the build and started shifting to Jewels ( which are very difficult to the standard tree & I don't have experience with them ) at the same time i shifted from the Quill Rain to a thicket bow.

I still don't have one of these fancy divine farming strategies and its slow for me to earn divines ( lots of hours, very few divines ) as I'm just not tanky enough and cannot hit the damage that's even in the videos. So genuinely stuck and needing guidance.

Most of these content creators though, have an end game build they suddenly reach that do NOT work without Progenesis and Mageblood.

I'm Mid build - end game maps - passive tree switch - Bow switch - +- Delve 140

Have Fun Exile!!
Apologies to anyone following this thread - just realised I did not clarify something really pertinent.

I was around level 87 or so when I started switching from Maxroll to Path of Evening's build. I did not make that clear with my wall of text. In hind sight it probably would have been better to just start a new character as the skill tree was just too different and trying to make the transition in tree and gear got me in a hole that i was just not experienced enough to dig myself out of.

I made a secondary character and played my first proper melee Jugg which i absolutely enjoyed ( One of Jorgen's )

This next league, if I play, will probably be using path of Evening's Jugg. Llarold also had a phys weapon build guide for it.

With regards bow stats, I definitely need some guidance as to which stats based on which element. I'm really lost there. Probably best to ask on that specifically in the next few months in a new thread as I was probably asking too much at once in this one.

Thank you for everyone who responded and tried to assist. Apologies I missed the obvious thing you all needed to know that I was that high a level when i tried changing my tree and skill focus. This is the first league I've build a second character which was out of frustration and I absolutely loved the experience.

Good luck in next league if you are going to settle somewhere ;)

Have Fun Exile!!
"
FarStrike1 wrote:
I swopped from the 2.24 Maxroll TR ballista build mid campaign, to the 2.24 Necropolis Path of Evening Toxic Rain and caustic Arrow build. I got lost along the way ( through not understanding some of the passive tree decisions ) but ended up with something workable and pleasant to run with.
Path of Evening link: https://pobb.in/uK96S1XjBvHU
My version completed all T16 maps just fine. But some of the boss fights were impossible - Maven as an example was just not possible and frankly ruined the experience. not griping, I need to understand reality more clearly.

I'm a huge Path of Evening fan and love the explanations, this is a limitation in my own understanding ( after numerous content creators videos ) of the ( pleb ) mechanics of how to do dps properly and how we become more survivable in higher content ( such as Delve lvl 120'ish / 140' ish. I accept this is a lack of knowledge on my part so not griping. I'd like to play more competitive content and my knowledge needs to improve to get there. Else I'm bored where I am currently at.

An example ( to make sense of my request )
I have a great bow ( i think - its in the links ) Specifications are really good and it seems to cover all bases

However ...
My build focuses on TR ( with mirage archer ) and CA Caustic Arrow. This is chaos damage right? ( poison / chaos - same damage type between the skills )

Does my bow choice not need to rather focus on a specific damage type ( physical or chaos ) and not all the elemental damage types ( mine does it all ) in my bow or does that not make a difference? I do not understand how dps can go from where i am currently to the millions of DPS. I get excited when my dps goes up a few K and thats never going to cut it :) Some of the boss fights i just cannot do enough damage to stay alive. I can keep out of the way mostly but after 10 or 15 mins you will make a mistake or mistime something or just get unlucky as they just do not go down.

Survivability - I think Eldrich Battery ( which is amazing ) is making me less tanky as my ES no longer applies to life. Even with all res over capped - including spell suppression - I can still get 1 shot. Around Delve 140'ish it happens more frequently. I need to get better. My ranger playstyle is fun but you are always a half breath away from being organic material with no real understanding why you got there. I do not run reflect maps and yes this is user limitation not POE.

I have always played bow builds as that is my preferred playstyle ( some of my earlier characters where otherwise but never enjoyed them ) This league I created a Jugg ( Jorgen ) for the first time as second toon ( can't get my enjoyable ranger to do more content ) and am enjoying the Jugg playstyle. So for the first time really im seeing the benefits of armour on a melee character. However, from around Delve level 70'ish at toon level 80'ish, I could not survive until i went 4th vow with divine flesh ( think thats what it was ) and then the build became fun again. You still have to pay attention but its a little more relaxed. ( how on earth do you farm currency to get these pieces if this was your main?) I had to delve with ranger to farm the currency to gear the Jugg

GAMEPLAY: I love Delve, maps i just do to get sulphur. Most of the other mechanics do not make sense to me so focusing more seriously on what i enjoy and get comfortable with that - before looking more seriously at some of the other content.

I do not like the necropolis mechanics - sorry but its irritating and not fun for me personally - but have had my best POE general experience with understanding builds better by just playing normal content

I have a goal of getting Progenesis ( insane prices lol ) and Mageblood ( even more insane prices ) to suit my personal playstyle ( ive figured that out by watching a lot of videos not through experience ) To get them I need to farm more intelligently. Which means not just chaos recipe and resonators. I need to go deeper in delve. Happy to work for it but chaos recipe just will not cut it.

In a nutshell: since last few weeks of last league ( i returned late ) to now I have given up Netflix to play POE and watch content creator videos ( hundreds of hours )

Thank you in advance anyone willing to help me take the next step in my POE education :P

EDIT: Youtube Build link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPX3Dqj0EM&t=660s&pp=ygUtcGF0aCBvZiBldmVuaW5nIGNoYW5uZWwgdG94aWMgcmFpbiBwYXRoZmluZGVy

Thanks for advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info