Pathofexile.com blocked IP addresses from Country of Iran ?

Hello dear GGG , just wanted to know is there any way to lift this ? because it's too annoying I cant access the website or trade website or use awakened POE trade although the game itself works fine .I had to use a VPN to send this post . I also tried with different internet providers and IP ranges within the country all returned the same results . I know there are some heavy sanctions going on but this is a video game for all I know and its not related to any political or economical or what ever that are targeted by US/EU sanctions . Please GGG drop a post below here and explain if there is anything that can be done ? thanks .

Cloudflare Ray ID: 87a8ad111a654da1

https://imgur.com/a/fDdEnkp

Last edited by Doctor_Strangelove_ on Apr 26, 2024, 2:42:42 PM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 2:55:35 AM
"
Hello dear GGG , just wanted to know is there any way to lift this ? because it's too annoying I cant access the website or trade website or use awakened POE trade although the game itself works fine .I had to use a VPN to send this post . I also tried with different internet providers and IP ranges within the country all returned the same results . I know there are some heavy sanctions going on but this is a video game for all I know and its not related to any political or economical or what ever that are targeted by US/EU sanctions . Please GGG drop a post below here and explain if there is anything that can be done ? thanks .

Cloudflare Ray ID: 87a8ad111a654da1

https://imgur.com/a/fDdEnkp

Sadly, I believe it could have to do with this...?

New Zealand implements the UN Security Council’s sanctions concerning Iran through the United Nations (Iran – Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) Regulations 2016.

It always sucks that the people of a country have to bear the repercussions of a government they have no control over. :(

On another note, if you are getting a Cloudflare error, its because Cloudflare is an American company and normally blocks most IP Addresses from IRAN.

"
Cloudflare, Inc. is an American company that provides content delivery network services, cloud cybersecurity, DDoS mitigation, and ICANN-accredited[3] domain registration services.[4][5][6] Cloudflare's headquarters are in San Francisco, California.[4] According to The Hill, Cloudflare is used by more than 20 percent of the Internet for its web security services, as of 2022.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudflare

On another note Iran, North Korea, Russia, Romania, Taiwan, Hungary and Brazil are some of the top countries that hack others. (Not including the US, the US is #2, next to China, but will not have its companies block itself.)

It is very common to see Iranian IP Addresses blocked.

Last edited by King_Yoshi on Apr 26, 2024, 8:58:33 PM
thanks for the information , although I had hope that they leave us gamers and our games out of it . I mean if my government have a beef with another government , what blocking gamers from their favourite game can achieve ? some games like blizzard games have no problem with Iran's IP , well may it be a developer choice ? I hope to get a reply from GGG staff .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info