What if MF do not exist anymore in the same way ?

Hello guys,

i'm mostly new to POE and this is my second league and i just find sooooo bad the way the league goes mostly because MF.

Let me explain.

The leagues may have problems of game design, and because MF acts like a lens with the loot, as soon as the problem is exposed then the economy is fucked for the time that left in the league.

Why just rework the way MF is ? It's way too strong in this way and makes kind of all mapping scenarios feels weak against it.

What do you guys think here as players who played the game longer than i did ?

Game is great, but this feeling of "go to or your time is less valuable" kind of sucks in a way...

Have a good day Exiles
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 4:36:42 AM
"
Gris_Souris wrote:
Hello guys,

i'm mostly new to POE and this is my second league and i just find sooooo bad the way the league goes mostly because MF.
Respectfully, if it is only your second league you don't know that much about the game yet and very likely just repeat what you picked up from somewhere else before. You lack the broader picture.

"
Gris_Souris wrote:
What if MF do not exist anymore in the same way ?
Then people will jump on the next best thing, optimize the fuck out of it - casuals engage in fomo and the cycle repeats.

MagicFind is fine.
hoho welcome exile.

stay sane.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Rework MF how? And why are you so interested in reworking it as a new player?
The economy isn't *fucked*, unless you explain what you mean. Some people always have more than others, some a lot more. It all comes down to dedicated time and knowledge.

As not so new player, having played since 2013, I don't think a rework is needed.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Rework MF how? And why are you so interested in reworking it as a new player?
The economy isn't *fucked*, unless you explain what you mean. Some people always have more than others, some a lot more. It all comes down to dedicated time and knowledge.

As not so new player, having played since 2013, I don't think a rework is needed.

Affliction wisps system would be great "new MF". Move MF from gear to enemies - stronger they get, the more "MF" they have
"
Aynix wrote:

Affliction wisps system would be great "new MF". Move MF from gear to enemies - stronger they get, the more "MF" they have

This exact system already exists for monsters, and is actually the GREATER issue in the game for drops.

Monsters end up buffed by so many mechanics that they have internal loot multipliers of 10000+%
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

This exact system already exists for monsters, and is actually the GREATER issue in the game for drops.

Monsters end up buffed by so many mechanics that they have internal loot multipliers of 10000+%

Yes, it does exist, kinda. But we have no control over it at all. For system to replace MF, we would need to have control over it like we had in Affliction.
Or corruption system from LE. Every time you clear a map, you add 1% MF to maps, but also increase power of monsters (they can decide by how much). If things become too strong, you can remove some of it, a lot of it or reset it completly. Imo its best "MF system" I've seen in ARPGs
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 23, 2024, 4:14:42 PM
I don't want to start another argument, because I sort of see what you are saying.....

however,

We have almost total control over the current system, we just don't know the values. We are the ones that: choose the atlas passives, choose to run rare maps, choose to run x content, choose to use certain scarabs, etc. All those choices are "controlling" the difficulty and mf of monsters.

Affliction was no different than what we already have: it was just yet another multiplier on top of everything else.

You have to understand what each choice to "buff" a map is REALLY doing: you are adding to the difficulty and power of each monster, and increasing drops as compensation. This is literally the "affliction" mechanic (and basically EVERY mechanic).

What does running a rare map vs a white map do?
What does running strongboxes do?
What does running beyond do?
What does running ghosts do?
What does running side content do?

All of these things that WE choose to do add more difficult monsters or alter already existing monsters to be more difficult......for more loot.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 23, 2024, 4:59:50 PM
Magic find is not fine. It is meant to be a trade off. Not a mandatory stat on the best builds or in group play. Honestly all MF should be like Bisco's where it gives no other stats other than the MF stats. Or if it does have resistances they should only be able to roll negative.

The entire point of MF was that if you didn't want to run the hardest content, then you had another way to build your character where you could get similar rewards in lower content. At the cost of not being able to ever touch the harder content and their drop table.

Both in D2 and PoE that is not the case due to skill damage disparity. Poe even more so because of Ascendency power or group play with Aura and cursebots.

It needs to become a tradeoff or it needs to go. Also, group play should not benefit from MF gear on a character that has no business being in that content beyond, zone in attack once to cull and increase drop rarity and rate.
Last edited by Moregaze on Apr 23, 2024, 5:15:40 PM
"
Moregaze wrote:

The entire point of MF was that if you didn't want to run the hardest content, then you had another way to build your character where you could get similar rewards in lower content. At the cost of not being able to ever touch the harder content and their drop table.

Look.....I'm not disagreeing with you, changes DO need to be made to mf.

But this statement.....

Who was it that claimed this was "the entire point of mf"? Because it certainly wasn't GGG, the creators of mf for this game. It also wasn't blizzard when they created mf for D2. It doesn't say anywhere that this is what mf is for.....its what you personally THINK it should be.

Point me to ANY source from GGG and/or Blizzard where they say this is the "entire point" of mf in their games and I'll eat my words. And before you even say it: "everyone thinks/knows that" is not a valid response.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 23, 2024, 5:42:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info