Weird sounds in town breaking game

Hello everyone,

I am all new to the game and just started out with the story which I find very immersive. I come from D1&2 background and I dislike the D3&4. The whole Path of Exile game gives nice ambient music, dark dungeons and dive into npcs told stories. I hope I like the endgame as well.

Right now what really bothers me is a repeating dub-a-doo music which plays every five seconds. Should I file a bug? Is this intended? What triggers that sound? How can I remove it as it really breaks immersion for me. It goes to the point where I get nervous and make me feel very stressed up the point that I omit going to town because this is haunting me already or just quit the game and do something else.

Please help me to turn this off I could not find a solution on the internet yet.

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 12:48:53 PM
It is an MTX, called goblin troupe or some such thing.
I find it annoying more when I am doing Heist.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I dont think you can turn it off beyond turning off all or part of your sound settings. I completely agree with you, it is jarring and they've taken it to a new level this league, but it's also part of how they fund the game, it's intended. Stay in combat as much as possible is my only advice. I might need to turn my sound off at the moment as automated immortal call is headache inducing.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 14, 2024, 12:57:37 AM
"
meeeeehh wrote:
...as it really breaks immersion for me.

This, and a big this.

I have gotten used to MTX's, some are awesome, IMO if it instead would be standard on skill effects etc, the game would been "jaw-dropping" amazing. (ok, it already is amazing but ye)

To the do-ba-doo.
Maybee make it hideout-only
Or, act 6 onward.

But I can see where this game is heading, "undercover stash monsters" scaring you, du-ba-doo goblins, and more and more of this will turn the game to a more, "fun place tivoly"
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out...
It feels good that I am not alone with that topic. I decided not to stream the game because of this. Imagine listening to an epic dialog with your viewers and every three seconds this manic tone-deaf murloc goes off. Or this one super-loud sound. I do not even know what that sound is supposed to be or say. It is just a loud annoying sound that has no context or origin.

I see that GGG needs the moneyss: How about a 'MTX' that disables the weird sounds? I would pay for that. What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info