The recent development increased the odds of an upcoming event...

That's one good news that's worth sharing with the PoE community.

Unlike Affliction this time there isn't any other event like the Gauntlet being announced, but when the trade leagues also got impacted by multiple exploits related to the Seer in low tier maps and the latest T17 lootfest expect GGG to "restart" the league through a 30 day event or several 1-2 weekly events at the beginning of May.

I'm hoping GGG makes the announcement in the next two weeks, because if Necropolis remains in its current state until mid June many within the community will remember this and not in a good way, which means the following leagues will experience lower profits, regardless how "good" they may be.

The established PoE streamers will also experience a significant drop in viewrship through Necropolis without an event that many within the PoE community will care enough to either participate, follow or both. When there's an event being announced there's also a higher retention through the league duration.

Last edited by Kopogero on Apr 13, 2024, 6:52:13 AM
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2024, 6:47:15 AM
I have played since closed beta and there has been at least one guy threatening loss of profits every league since they started doing them.
"
Kopogero wrote:

Is that news, do you have a link for it, or are you just playing prophet?
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
Kopogero wrote:

Is that news, do you have a link for it, or are you just playing prophet?

GGG is using a F2P monetizing model which means the majority of the profit comes from supporters and how much they support the product/company during certain periods.

I would like to support the game/company more than I have been, so it all depends on what GGG does for my market "consistently". It's been a long time since I've given a minimum support of $10 (month after Heist launch) for a total of $70 through a decade. It's also worth mentioning that the $70 total is still significantly more than I've supported Marvel Heroes Online, which was $20.

In 13 years and 3 months I've spent a total of $90 supporting newly released games/product that came to the market and the next Last Epoch cycle/league will determine if that's going to change.

GGG can and should do more with PoE, but the company may not need to, which is fine.
Last edited by Kopogero on Apr 13, 2024, 6:54:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info