What do we think about the current league?

I will start.

First of all, the league mechanic is unrewarding in the sense that there is no incentive to play it. Yes, you get extra currency from the monsters but it got to the point where you cannot target farm items, divinations, scarabs and currency etc.

List of things killed:

- Scarabs: why there are a zillion more scarabs is beyond me. Not only there are so many and they drop everywhere (their value is non existent now) but the winged scarabs were a way to target farm something.
- bestiary destroyed due to the introduction of scarabs (before there were high prices for craicic and plagued arachnid)
- betrayal: this one is obvious: aisling dead, vorici dead etc. There is no reason to do catarina whatsoever for the veiled ch. It is just plain boring now to do it
- mapping: tier 17 maps were introduced but it is just not rewarding.
- divinations, now drop everywhere. I mapped and did not drop a single expensive divination in 2 weeks. no more target farming
- expensive items drop - zero
- boss farming was reduced and nerfed to oblivion in order to make the game harder> Harder for the people who can do it (like three guys that do it in the first week and then mess up the market)
- crafting league mechanic: this one is a no brainer, it works somehow, and when it works (not that often) it is completely broken
- helmet enchants in lab dead (literally no point to waste time there except for jewels)
- heist dead (in the sense of target farming gems and valuables)

And the list goes on. I do not dislike the league, but I got bored in it.
And that is worse than hating the league. How do you guys feel about it?
It is like ggg is trying to destroy everything that is fun or rewarding by making a crowded game with literal shit. more things to do is not always better if it is boring.
Last edited by askpoe on Apr 11, 2024, 4:01:47 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 11:28:36 AM
boring
T17 are worst ive seen in poe yet (even if u can run them white)
Don't feel motivated to run shaper/elder/guardian maps anymore, whats the point? All fragments i get are for normal versions that are boring af, so if i want to farm ubers i need to run T17s. But they're random drops and hard to target farm....
Uber fragments behind T17 is a bad decision imo, worst for me personally - killed my motivation real hard

Other than that, new Scarabs are pretty lame especially with no way to targetfarm them like it used to be with Jun
That being said, Jun feels completely worthless now except for veiled Orbs

League mechanic i dont really care cause it'll be gone in a few weeks, im afraid those other changes will stay and that maked me really sad
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
First and the most important thing for me is fun aspect and i'm stll heaving lots of fun blasting maps and farming for my gear or maybe next char.

So plus things for me are 3 atlas trees we got and all the new scarabs to use. I usually hop between farming different content daily so not needing to respec my atlas tree all the time is a plus.

Another good thing are t17 maps, super fun tho not so rewarding. I just love most of the new mods they have.

Now the not so good things...

1. As POE 2 comes closer devs seem to test each league less and less and we get this shitshow thats happening in Necropolis.
2. Cz of the 1st point we got fucked economy tho i dont care much, cz if im having fun its all the same if some of my league goals cost me 100 or 200 divs down the line...
3. Normal bosses and witnessed bosses are just worthless to run now except maybe Uber elder and Elder for the jewels but drop rates are super low.
4. The league mechanic is just mehh, used it to craft some of my gear but i aint spanding an hour or so every single day there.

Also sad to see that my friend list in game is almost empty since the end of week one.
Last edited by Abraxas1991 on Apr 11, 2024, 7:47:17 AM
We think we didnt need another convoluted way to craft stuff in the form of a boring graveyard manager sim.
this league is the worst for me. people abusing map rerolling to get a massive lead over players that didnt know about the abuse. then turning the early lead into printing mirrors with broken curation scarab . this will be my last league in trade. from corpse trading to unrewarding farming for all but the people who found early bugs and abused them. nerfing corpse crafting after streamers and 15 hour a day players already have there perfect item. every part of this trade league is trash.
have fun trading for corpses for 1 hour per craft now vs people who printed mirrors with curation scarab and will just pay 5x the price to take it before you
Literally one of the best leagues I've played in some time >.> it's great for SSF. Masters being target farmable, graveyard crafts are insane, atlas passive trees, these are all amazing for my personal experience in SSF.
a few of the atlas mechanics (multiple trees, multiple masters, general content availability) I really like

the league itself i'm mixed on, the crafting is obfuscated and overpowered simultaneously but its unique in its own to make all T1 items - I actually like the nutty monster modifiers I just think they should have a more beneficial tradeoff as often the reward is lacking.

No idea about T17s yet, I always treated Ubers as aspirational content anyway so I tend to limit myself to everything underneath them. I'll give a 17 a go but if I rip to what i consider zero balance content i'll just skip it from them on.

so the Ehhhhh picture above kinda summarises so far.
I actually quit and now waiting for 3.25 next league. meh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info