Shamefully amount of Detonate Dead Questions

First time playing it, doesnt understand a lot. (as you know me)

1) Is it right to assume the bulk of damage comes from Corpse life?
Because in PoB the Spell damage is twice as Corpse explosion.
What even is this Spell? Where comes the damage from & how to scale it when Spell damage does nothing?

2) Most people seem to Buff with DoT.
But if the Explosion is the highest damage source, why not use on Hit Support like Crit chance/Damage?

3) Why scale Cast speed, when Minion damage is way more beneficial (according to PoB)?
Esp when u already run Haste?

5) Is there a way to calc the Corpse life (fe due spectres?) to get accurate dps numbers?

6) Can i increase the number of consumed corpses?

7) Why do most streamers say "use arcanist Brand only for bosses"?
I dont get this skill at all.

8) How to buff Desecrate besides Empower?
I only get 0.x Numbers in PoB.

9) My flask uptime is always 0% (Active Flasks is checked, Fork Version 2.41.1)
Never noticed that problem before.

Thank you!
(slightly ashamed but i can cope with it)
Im bad at math.
Last edited by LoTharios on Mar 28, 2024, 8:21:06 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 10:48:22 AM
Once you changed DD to corpse explosion a new checkbox will show inthe config tab to enter the corpselife, which will then be used to calc the dmg.

Elementalist does that, because Shaper of Flames will ignite everything and this means they can use DD to apply giant ignites.
But Necro and Inq dont do that, both are scaling the hit portion.

To make is feel smoother. Its a 2-button build and the longer it takes to complete both casts the less dmg you´ll deal, no matter what PoB says.

Got deleted? Why so much hate for 4?
4 didnt do nothing wrong ^^

Poedb will show the monster life in a lvl84 zones and thats the number you wanna use. However, the max corpselife caps out at 350% or 360% which is the equivalent to a Kitava Herald. So check that one use this number, to figure out the peak dmg you could possibly deal.
But because there is only a 15% chance for corpses of monsters you did raise as a spectre beforehand and added those corpses to your desecrate gem to show up whenever you cast desecrate, the more realistic number would something between 60-70k corpselife on average. Because you will explode a ton of low HP mobs too.

You sure can but why would you? Just to boost the castspeed?
Not worth it.

Thats not quite correct. They are talking about uber bosses.
In that scenario wou want Runebinder, so you can attach 2 brands and haven them spam desecrate, so you can DD like a madman, which will then buff your castspeed in this particular situation through the roof and allow you to deal way more dmg.
Thats not needed in any other scenario tho.

Dont even bother. Desecrate has one job and one job only:
Spawn corpses for you to detonate. Thats it

No idea, prolly calculated based on flaskcharges generated passively, which is irrelevant for the vast majority of builds if my assumption is correct.
Last edited by Orbaal on Mar 28, 2024, 8:52:30 AM
You are right. The 4 didnt do nuttin wrong.

I wanted to conceil the number of questions to confuse you.
But you are smarter and wiser than me.

There never was a 4. So i will pull one out of thin air:

4) Desecrate spawns only 5 Corpses with a max Limit of 12.
Wouldnt linking Spell Echo with Descecrate double the amount of corpses?
Im bad at math.
Last edited by LoTharios on Mar 28, 2024, 9:33:28 AM
The amount of corpses spawned per cast - yes
The max amount of corpses you are allowed to spawn - no

Hit based DD Necro would link Desecrate to spell cascade to cast desecrate 3x w/o the delay echo would cause and also to make use of the reduced aoe mod on cascade, so the corpses end up being in a rather small aoe and the explosions can overlap to max out the dmg.

However, this would in theory spawn 15 corpses and if 12 was the max for your build, then the oldest 3 corpses will be deleted to make sure you cant surpass the max. This isnt an issue unless those 3 corpses happened to be high HP corpses, then it sucks for obvious reasons.

Id like to add something to 7. because I was only talking about about hit based necro.

Ignite Elementalist has another incentive to abuse the brand on bosses: And thats defiled forces on the skilltree.
This will refresh all ailments incl. ignites whenever you apply a curse or rather the brand does it for you.

Allowing ignite builds to fish for the best ignite they can get:
- high HP corpse
- EO is up
- convergence is up
- all the other minor conditionals are up too

This way they only need to get lucky once and then keep that giga ignite alive forever.
Last edited by Orbaal on Mar 28, 2024, 9:59:49 AM
Im bad at math.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info