I am extremely weak

Hi. Before you completely roast me, i am aware that my gear is not good, but i feel like i have a very good build Guardian SRS build that i have taken from Maxroll i beilive. I don't have a 6 link, but 4 links.

I feel that i am extremely weak, and i can only clear up to tier 4 maps. And i look for you guys to help me out as i am stuck and don't know what i am doing wrong as the game is very complicated as we all know.

I think i have set my profile as public, and the char i need help on is named Evert.

You will find a million things probably, but that is my point. I hope you do lol.

Kind regards
Last edited by Skelleto on Jan 10, 2024, 8:23:45 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2024, 2:25:40 AM
And i really can't find much better gear it feels like as i can't get to higher item levels. My DPS is a bigger problem than my survivability i think. Because i still need to max out my res. So what i need a push in the right direction is mainly in the DPS front.
First of none of your gear is fully linked even amongst available sockets. Your chest is only 3 linked not four, it is very cheap to buy a 6 link base, its usually about 10 to 20 chaos, which you can farm in a few maps with the chaos orb recipe (a complete set of unidentified gear between ilevels 60 and 74 sells to a vendor for 2 chaos). Second of all spiritual aid is useless, you're a minion build you don't deal meaningful dps yourself deallocate that for more minion damage and/or survivability. third of all, those adds x to x to attacks mods are useless for you, those only apply to you, replace venopuncture with a ring with resists and life. Fourth you are not running an offering, choose an offering to run to buff your minions and get the minion mastery for 20% increased offering effect, I'd recommend flesh offering because spirit offering relies on crit capping your minions to be better. Fifth of all try to get a +2 minion skill gems helmet and or +1 wands and spirit shields, minions scale really hard with gem levels and generally the gear isn't too expensive. Sixth do your remaining labs, they are incredibly annoying to do but its a huge boost in survivability for basically nothing except a little time and frustration.
Last edited by CarbotZergling123 on Jan 10, 2024, 6:17:32 PM
First thing, I'm viewing this on mobile but it looks like you're body, helmet, gloves and boots are 3 link and not 4. Now maybe that's just a bug on mobile but you would be better off in a normal item with 4 links than god-tier rolls on a 3 link.... especially on a minion build.

The other glaring issue is I would swap out your amulet (it does you literally no good with minions) as well as your venipuncture ring. Just use any rare with life and resistances at both slots.

Final note would be to get better flasks. You def need a life flask with immunity to bleeding and corrupted blood. You can take your best life flask as it is to the menagerie and craft it on. Then make sure the other flasks have immunity to (1) freeze,(2)ignite and (3) shock. Importance in that order.

Hope that helps.
Thank you alot. Maybe i could add 1 support gem to those 3 skills. I may underestimate how much of a difference that will make. Yeah you're right with the amulet and ring. I will swap them out.

I have hered ppl say that they breeze thorugh the maps on a fresh char out of the campaign with 60-70lvl gear. And my build is supposed to be one of the better league starters. Something must be cracked outwidth the gear issues i suspect.

But ill try the gems, because it could be that simple.
Heyho,

i want to add some things what the others mentioned already.

1.0 Auren and Passive Skill tree
Your main Damage are your Summon Raging Spirits. Your Main priority is to support them as hard as you can. That means not only dps but survival aswell. That not only includes your links, but Auras aswell. At the moment you are running only Haste, which is nice, but you could do more. Determination, Banner, Vitality, Grace, Purity of Elements. Mana Reservation will help you. Pick something that will not only make you more tanky, but your minions aswell. Eaven if a minion oneshots Über Über Bosse, when he dies he does no dmg at all.

In the Skill tree,"Eldrich Batterie" is will change how your Energy Shield Works. It Protects your Mana, and not your life anymore. Which means you can spend all your Mana on Auras and stuff, and still cast your SRS and Spells in exchange for Energyshield.

1.1 Specter + Golem

Your specter only exist to support you and your SRS. In the Wildwood is a Vendor which let you buy some realy good specter. You can get Culling strike, or free auras from there. If you dont have Access to it right now, you can go to Act 7 and Get the Old Apes. Carnage Chieftain, Host Chieftain is the Early go to for every Minion build. They gives you Power and Frenzy charges. Dont miss to allocate Death attunement for +1 Specter.
Later you can go into channel 666, people will give you specter for free. Deamon Harpy, Arena Master etc. There are good guides out there and Maxroll should have one aswell. But dont let your Specter die! Support them with Minion Life and Meat shield. This will help to keep them alive.
Golem Should be Linked with Feeding Frenzy. This is a Buff for you, which gives minions the "Aggressive Tag" its realy good. Qol and dps increase.

1.3 Ascendency

Are you summoning your Radient Crusade that Super saiyajin Golem Armor you get. This thing will carry you only with your pants on into red maps. Convocation is your friend. Convocation will let you summon every minion to your Position and will regen some life. You can Shield sharge into a pack, cast Convocation and everything dies in his Huge AOE degen. You can bind it on Leftklick for Quality of life.
Use Shield Charge every few sec. YOU need to hit something to summon the 3 Sentinals, which will give you 3 Elemental Auras for free for your SRS. When you get your 3. Ascendency Bastion of hope, you have to do this anyway. You cap block this way. Cast SRS --> shield sharge --> SRS, repeat.

2.0 Gear

In Trade league, most stuff is cheap and easy to get. But this is not the Point here.

2.1 Merchant and Crafting Bench
Look at bases you need from them. Sometimes they have 4 and 5 links you can use.
Crafting Bench is your friend. use it to fix Sockets, Links, Colours etc.
Every yellow item can have up to 3 Prefixes and 3 Suffixes. Resistence, Attributes are all Suffixes, and a good way for a temp fix.

You dont do dmg. Minions do. Every Stat that is not Life, Energy shield, Block, Attributes and resis should be something to do with Minions. Minion Damage. Minion life. Minion Crit chance. minion gem level etc.. your Guide should have said that.

Damage to spells, flat dmg to spells or stuff like added x dmg to attacks are dead stats for you and will make you feel worse than you are. Most stuff is local for Waepons only, and wont do anything for your Minions, yourselfe or your neighbor.

Hope i could help a little bit and clear some things.

Edit: i read the Maxroll guide, you realy realy dont need any Uniques. Lighning Coil is so bad here its insane. Slam some Life Essences on your armour and you are good to go. We are talking abbout League Start und noch High Endgame here.

Last edited by SuperBrother1 on Jan 12, 2024, 4:36:48 PM
Thanks Alot guys. Incredible anount of info to work on!!
Just wanted to thank you guys for the help. I did a few changes (many left to do including links) and i instantly went from tier 4 maps to 10+ maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info