[3.23] Hierophant/Warden - Energy Blade - Leap Slam of Groundbreaking Totems

Update: reached level 90 and killed quest eater/exarch and decided to move on. Here's the POB https://pobb.in/pVminqtu0iAl

SUMMARY

Hierophant summons Leap Slam of Groundbreaking totems. They use his Energy Blade. Leap Slam of Groundbreaking has a ton of damage effectiveness so cranking up that Energy Blade is good.

Use Oath of the Maji to get a lot of ES from chest. Use Armour/Energy Shield Mastery to get even more ES from chest. Use Hierophant to get even more ES.

I'm in a Guild Self Found private league and only have a 5L right now so still working through the game. But I'm about to break into red maps! And a lot of my gear is still not great so there's room to improve for sure.

Overall the build is fairly tanky and does decent damage. Wrangling the totems can be tricky though, they like to go off on their own when I want them to focus something particular. They are also a liiiiitle squishy sometimes so I might need to figure something to deal with that before getting super into red maps. But overall I feel pretty strong and am progressing at a (relatively for me) decent pace.

CURRENT STATE

Here is my current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.23.0/AAAABgUCdQFvAiADmgRRBqAHdQixDXwNjxDMEvYUqRZvFy8YXRzcHmofAiFVKPopTysmLKcv2jLRNZI2xTboPO8__EGHQ2NDyEVHRZ1HQElPTq5PBFMOU1JV1lfJWG1Yr1qvXhNhUmQzZIRk52aeZ_BoWmjybqpxTXFidSp2uXfleA14aXsgffGApIKbgseD84ZgiO2JlYt6jHaXLZrPmuCePKIAo_KnCKluqfqt8a4SsTa1BLXytzG3PrhduJO8qsAawGbApsNt1qrYJNi92WDcPd7l4e_jauRV6Gbr7u9O8B_2rviT-b356PrS_gr-hwAHc5INj3tER0DqkmfwIc12uboaffEmG4mVb964XQ==

I just recently converted from EO to crit.

Gear:

Currently wearing a 500ES Vaal Regalia and assorted Red/Blue armour pieces to trigger the mastery, including a 600 armour/150 ES helmet.

I'm also currently leaning on Oath of the Maji for res too... I'm close but not quite capped without it. so I'm desperately short on gem slots :(

Gem links:

Leap Slam of Groundbreaking
Earthbreaker
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Elemental Focus (might sub this out with lightning pen)
Volatility

Not sure what I'll do for my 6L when I get it but I'm thinking either multiple totems support or pulverise. Or something else! I don't really know yet, I feel like I have a lot of options.

Other skills:

Steelskin (maybe molten shell some day, I just kept using my act 1 steelskin lol)

Barkskin (I don't think it does much for me but I'm short on gem slots due to Oath of the maji so this was just something else to reserve my mana)

Vitality, Discipline, Determination, Precision

Energy Blade, of course

Once I get my gem slots back from my helmet I'd like to use Orb of Storms or something else to trigger a big shock.

Tincture:

I have a Culling Strike + Lightning Pen tincture that is pretty good.

INSPIRATION

1. Warden - Oath of the Maji

"
Defences from Equipped Body Armour are doubled if it has no Socketed Gems

This single node on Warden is the genesis of the build. "Ok...", I thought to myself, "that would work well with Energy Blade! I can get a cheap 6L weapon and just use that as my main skill links. Then I can get the dankest ES chest I can find and I don't have to worry about 6Ling it!"

2. Leap Slam of Groundbreaking

I wanted to use this new gem because it sounded really silly. AND it works with Swords! So Energy Blade is still in.

3. Earthbreaker

I thought the idea of a bunch of leap slamming totems sounded funny. And with a particular MTX, they look really funny.

4. Tying it all together with Hierophant

Hierophant has:

- decent ES with Sanctuary of Thought

"
Gain 20% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

- good totem stuff with Pursuit of Faith

"
+1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
100% increased Totem Duration
100% increased Totem Placement speed

- crit and defense with Conviction of Power

"
+1 to Maximum Power Charges and Maximum Endurance Charges
+4 to Minimum Endurance Charges
+4 to Minimum Power Charges

This is basically all of the thought I put into this build before league start :)

MTX

This isn't required for the build, but the Iron Maiden earthbreaker MTX is hilarious with the leap slam gem.

Feedback

I'm 100% open to feedback on how to improve this. Keep in mind:

- I'm in a GSF private league, so my options for uniques or very rare stuff is limited

- I'm decent at the game but nowhere near at the "divs per hour" level of farming

I'd love to see someone take this idea and apply some hyper itemization to it though, I think it has potential!

I'm going to record a video of the build in action later today when I'm back at my PC. And perhaps a more comprehensive POB!
Last edited by SirBraneDamuj on Dec 18, 2023, 12:45:39 PM
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2024, 11:02:47 PM
Here's a video as promised! Watch as my amazing Iron Maidens leap through the air.

https://youtu.be/hqLPUcUHhn0
lmao that MTX makes it amazing. Super cool idea I liked it!
Update: I killed quest eater and exarch quite easily and decided to put the build down to try some other new gems. Overall it's very strong. I think I can see the ceiling but I don't think I'm near it yet.

Here is the POB for the build as I've left it.

https://pobb.in/pVminqtu0iAl

Next build is an Oni-Goroshi/Reave of Refraction slayer. but this is the templar forum so I won't talk much about that one :)
Last edited by SirBraneDamuj on Dec 18, 2023, 12:45:50 PM
yoink
Last edited by silentAltair on Jan 25, 2024, 10:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info