In an ideal world, where we still get a big 4.0 patch, which features would you like to see?

For me it is,
* fixing melee
* improved animations
* continuing the open storylines of Zana, Harbingers, Kalandra and her sons Sin and Innocence
* new interesting acendancy options for our beloved characters!
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2023, 10:33:04 PM
*reworking and re balancing each ascendancy so we don't have dead and unusable crap like chieftain or gladiator
*rework or removal of mirrors of kalandra
*more meta shifts nerfs/buffs for whatever is subject to change or overdue for a change
*more devs for better patches/leagues
*more divine powah
*either a new story part or more of the maven stuff
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
*Labyrinth and head enchant rework. Labyrinth is really not fun. Head enchant are just too complicated to manually get. Most enchant are trash.
*Reward balance of some league. Too often, about 95% of the profit is concentrade into 1 or 2 items making the whole league uninteresting and too spicky in its reward. Balance things around the best league so that every single league, having everyone specing Essence/Expedition isn't the way to go for mindless easy currency.
*Just better drop system, like I shouldn't skip 99.99% of non-currency drops
*Map tier rework. The difficulty gap between each tier is just too low and T16 are too easy to farm (unless you overjuice them). Less tiers but means to have higher ceiling.
*Synthesis maps and item rework. Synthesis is just... odd. (Auto identified fractured items also)
*General modpool rework, streamlining a few things. Import some of PoE weapon philisophy so that gearing and crafting are less of a mess for non expert. mods are spread across too many sources, too many useless mods.
*Removal of that stupid haunting ghost mechanic... just bring back sentinal instead.
*Possibility to have multiple atlas tree progression. (at least for ssf...)
*Bad ascendancy (or too niche) rework as usual.
*bring back mana builds...
Multi-Stage League, Events/Social Spaces, Ascendancy reworks and advancements, True Ascension for a new age.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3225365
This would be a start.

To further iterate on other changes:

-expanded pinnacle bosses beyond current, slightly nerf current pinnacle status by 10-25% but expand pinnacle to have 3 additional tiers ranging from as much as 50% stronger than previous pinnacle up to literally not meant to be completed aka (prestige/benchmark) content that both serves as a goal for players to achieve but also shows when things are getting out of control.

-change the loot tables up and also add more uniques or variants of them for pinnacle bosses for each tier but also remove these items from higher tier pinnacle fights giving a little economic value to those who can only run for say the story tier or pinnacle tier of fight versus those running the tier 2 pinnacle or even tier 3/4 though a tier 4 pinnacle would have the equivilent of a chase item beyond for example (ashes of the stars) or if not an entirely new item a buffed variant that could only be obtained from the final pinnacle fight (like perhaps its the real deal item and all the others were just poor imitations)

-add guild and party tier content beyond pinnacle in that it requires a group to be able to complete, this content would vary in difficulty from something that could be carried up to a level of difficulty that in order to complete it everyone must be paying attention and communicating as well as potentially having a balanced party setup, These contents would include just as a more familliar term Raid-Boss-Tier fights which could include pinnacle and other bosses from ALL OVER path of exile even custom maps that are more curated and deadly to the point players must proceed cautiously and work together to reach the end and speeding along like lightning isn't a good idea nor is becoming the god of thunder and force lightning everything because this content would 100% have all of the nasty reflect and other mods we hate that a party would be able to overcome but a single player may not be able to defend against every instance of immunity or defenses.

-add new mechanics that are PvEvP:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3220285
Dungeon league a mechanic where you capture and equip monsters as well as rogue exiles and even bosses to defend your dungeon from attacking players or special NPC acting in place where the player would raid your dungeon for those who would find the PVP aspect too much.

-add mechanics that are more social in nature such as a card-battle game to encourage the use of towns but more so (newly added) social spaces specifically to keep town from being overly cluttered and to allow people of which there are many to interact socially but also still enjoy the wonderful world of path of exile's lore, atmosphere and various music while also actually earning rewards which could be items, currency or simply more cards which you'd trade to players for currency/etc.

-add an entirely new tree to the game for crafting:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3304040
A system where even trash has the potential to become treasure where you can feed items into your forge and slowly produce deterministic results depending on the level of items, their prefix/suffix tiers and almost every other aspect of an item would be target-able in the forge at a cost of items with those attributes in sufficient tier as well this crafting tree would influence your drops to some extent perhaps even allowing players to have their OWN influenced items based off their crafting passive tree.

-Add a ton of new minion types and guard skills as well as channeled minions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227236-minions
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3292751-channeled minions

-add a dedicated NPC party option similar to how Huck and Heist characters function but across all the content of path of exile primarily starting with the various masters for each content type, these masters would have limited equipment slots that could modify their behavior and even have MTX to empower or modify how their character and skill effects look, These NPC could fill actual party slots and would consume portals in exchange for the IIQ/IIR bonus that party's enjoy in exchange the player can only pick up a single inventory's worth of items.

-expand character customization by adding alt genders for base classes
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2665558
Just do it

-Merge the games no matter what it takes because that's what was said would happen to avoid destroying the community.

edit: might put more here later, might not.

fite me chris, i will out nerd u.

more:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2604847
you added some of this stuff :)
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 31, 2023, 3:34:38 PM
DETERMINISTIC crafting.

Line by line crafting.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"Fixing melee" is sadly utopia at this point in regards to PoE 1. The only real changes we can see at this point, is numerical bandaid "fixes". I think mechanical improvements are off the table.

And that's the thing with splitting the games; tweaks and additions are coming to PoE 1, but real, deep mechanical changes? Doubt it. And that is needed to "fix melee".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"Fixing melee" is sadly utopia at this point in regards to PoE 1. The only real changes we can see at this point, is numerical bandaid "fixes". I think mechanical improvements are off the table.

And that's the thing with splitting the games; tweaks and additions are coming to PoE 1, but real, deep mechanical changes? Doubt it. And that is needed to "fix melee".

I literally cannot see melee being fixed in a zoom style game. Melee depends on animations, timing and on a decrease on the "delete screen" capacity of other skills.
+ Adding more content to Labyrinth with more side rewards and activities
+ Reducing overall drop rate of items and currency by 20-30%
+ improving graphics to a future AAA standards (not cartoon-ish like diablo)
+ balance auras so they're not so OP
+ guild activities and more use for a guild HO
+ guild missions
+ bring fated uniques and prophecies back
+ bring Labyrinth traps to regular maps for less mindless grind
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 31, 2023, 11:48:15 AM
"
I literally cannot see melee being fixed in a zoom style game. Melee depends on animations, timing and on a decrease on the "delete screen" capacity of other skills.

This whole "melee can't feel good in a fast paced game" is wrong. There are TONS of improvement they could be making, if they were to make some improvement in the back end on targeting, movement and animations. You only delete screens far into endgame. There's a whole game before that too. And even in the endgame, improvements to targeting, animations, movement and initiation would go a long way.

But that requires real work, something only PoE 2 will get these days, I suspect.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
just what they said they were going to do would also be fine.
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info