Will POE2 keep all our hideouts?

I've seen no mention of this anywhere and some of them are really rare from maps.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 10:01:02 PM
"
Angrybagel wrote:
I've seen no mention of this anywhere and some of them are really rare from maps.

Nobody confirmed anything about hideouts. That said, several hideout options are MTX-based and available in the cash shop, and so Grinding Gear is obligated by their own word to make them available to both games. That's that, at least.

My gut feeling is that Path 1 will have its native hideouts, Path 2 will have its own native hideouts, and the two pools will be separate. Path 1 hideouts would generally look super bad and lackluster in PoE2, and I don't know if Path 1 is even able to display art assets from Path 2 beyond the first batch of stuff they incorporated after ExileCon the First.

This is of course provided the second game even has hideouts. It may very well not, they could do something else instead. I sincerely hope they don't, even as someone who doesn't spend a lot of time prettifying my hideout I find the system a ton of fun and really valuable in a creative game like PoE. Plus they'd invalidate a lot of MTX options if they didn't have hideouts available in Path the Second, and that'd kinda go against the spirit of their word to honor MTX purchases across either game.

All that said, they diodn't say word one about hideouts from what I was able to watch/see. I didn't catch every last word of coverage, but I'm reasonably sure I caught all the major PoE2 talks and I don't think anyone ever even said the word "hideout". So we simply don't know.
No need for hideouts when everyone is in town to refill flasks.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
I am assuming they will, considering they mentioned microtransactions transferring except in very distinct cases (such as a skill not existing). Hideouts as a whole not existing I feel would've been mentioned, and since they are quite expensive it wouldn't make sense for them not to exist.

I think the real question will be if they function in the same way as in PoE1, or will they be expanded upon?
I bet they will. But suspect they would only tie themselves to that on paid mtx hideouts. For example shaper realm hideout that unlocks from shaper/uelder maybe not since it's probably thematically incongruous.
They need to clarify one way or the other, because I don't want to put in the time and effort to acquire them if they don't carry over.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
It would be a shame if they don't share hideouts, at least paid hideouts across both games.
Would be quite a pain for those with expensive supporter pack hideouts, or even the exilecon hideout.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info