The advent of three concurrent persistent time progressions and patch cycles has fucked my brain.

I've been having problems keeping up with the current timeline since a certain Time Witch who shall not be named locked us into a time loop to handle all the threats to our reality, but now we have not one not two but THREE separate time loops as time keeps kaliodoscoping is tough. I also don't know if this means that there are now new Time Witches or if its all the same Time Witch. It could also be the same Time Witch but just at different times, or some opposing Time Witch from some parallel reality or the result of some sort of Eldritch entity seeking servants in our reality, but the implications of having access to an expanding timeline has right and properly fuckled my mind. Especially if we considering the fact that what happens in the future might echo backwards through time and then forward again.

Then we get into the practical engagement with running three separate games that are all on the same fundamental tech, using highly modular coding and asset management. I suspect that the standard process is going to be for things to start in POE2, then go to mobile, then end up in POE but that won't be a hard and fast rule. One big thing is going to be that they'll be able to get a voice actor in for an entire 40 year arc, or rather an arc that intersects with the player's timeline at 3 points separated by 40 years, and I'm fairly certain the voice actor stable they use are looking forward to more and steadier work. Arguably considering the production possibilities makes my head hurt worse than the Time Witches.
IGN : Reamus
Last edited by Andromansis on Jul 30, 2023, 4:43:04 PM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 11:16:48 PM
I am also not sure how realistic it is to keep a seperate 3 Month Cycle both for Path of Exile 1, 2 and mobile.

I would think, that the player numbers for POE 1 will drop when POE 2 hit the floar.

I am trying to get 38 challanges every league as an example but I don't have extreme play time so I need 2 to 2 1/2 month to get that done.

So if the playerbase mostly move to POE2, POE 1 and mobile will probably not have the same player numbers. If they still can keep up a 3 month cycle good for them but I am not so sure.

Or maybe the POE1 and mobile expansions will be a lot smaller then the POE2 ones or POE1 and mobile is only getting ripp offs from the POE2 expansions?
Counterpoint : All 3 will compete with Diablo 4.
"
Andromansis wrote:

That's not saying much...D4 is a dumpster fire.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Angrybagel wrote:
"
Andromansis wrote:

That's not saying much...D4 is a dumpster fire.

A dumpster fire that somehow made over 670,000,000 USD because nobody will ever wait for reviews.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info