Am I the only one that is wondering if POE 1 will get certain features that POE 2 has?

I'm going to keep this short.

As a POE 1 enjoyer I personally would like to see some features from POE 2 make its way into POE 1.

The dodge roll that cancels animations would be awesome to have in POE 1. Flat out.

The spirit system as a new mana reservation system is amazing! But I don't know why its not already a thing in POE 1...seems like a simple mechanic to me and I've been saying this for years that mana reservation is stupid and auras should have their own number cap system.

I know this next one would be a stretch especially to balance around but the weapon swapping feature in POE 2 is what I've been waiting for as a melee player but it will only be in POE 2?

I thought POE 2 was going to fix the state of POE 1 but now that they are seperate games I feel like I'm just going to play POE 2 now and not POE 1 if POE 2 gets all the QOL and game mechanics that I've been saying would fix the current state of POE 1.

I personally would like to see the first 2 points make it in to POE 1 soon and maybe the 3rd point at some point in the future.

Let me know what y'all think and maybe bring this to devs attention?
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 11:59:38 AM
"
slayerfum wrote:
I'm going to keep this short.

As a POE 1 enjoyer I personally would like to see some features from POE 2 make its way into POE 1.

You're quite possibly the only person in the entire forums who thinks so.

"
slayerfum wrote:
The dodge roll that cancels animations would be awesome to have in POE 1. Flat out.

The dodge roll in PoE2 is dependent on the new animation system developed for PoE2. Remember, their lead animator called the PC animation rigs in PoE1 "borderline unusable." it's actually one of the chief reasons PoE1 ended up so unnaturally fast - high character speed disguised the horrible animations endemic to PoE1. They would have to redo PoE1's entire animation system to get the PoE2 dodge roll in, which...well. I'll let you do the math on that one.

"
slayerfum wrote:
The spirit system as a new mana reservation system is amazing! But I don't know why its not already a thing in POE 1...seems like a simple mechanic to me and I've been saying this for years that mana reservation is stupid and auras should have their own number cap system.

Rory's been trying to get Spirit into PoE1 for years, apparently. It hasn't been implemented because apparently it has giant huge massive implications for balance and character building. Imagine being able to run a 10k-mana Archmage build while also having eight reservations, as just one obvious example. Spirit is a PoE2 exclusive, mana reservation isn't going anywhere in PoE1.

"
slayerfum wrote:
I know this next one would be a stretch especially to balance around but the weapon swapping feature in POE 2 is what I've been waiting for as a melee player but it will only be in POE 2?

POE2's dual spec system centered on weapon swap requires, in turn, PoE2's new skillgem system wherein you actually have more than one skill worth using. The dual spec system would make no sense in Path 1 where your skilltree is entirely fixed and you only ever have one single 6L that has to do 100% of your damage for you.

"
slayerfum wrote:
I thought POE 2 was going to fix the state of POE 1 but now that they are seperate games I feel like I'm just going to play POE 2 now and not POE 1 if POE 2 gets all the QOL and game mechanics that I've been saying would fix the current state of POE 1.

Welcome, fellow Ship Jumper! I cannot wait to leave behind my PoE1 treasure hoard and get my Huntress on in Path 2, join me in celebrating the New Hotness!

"
slayerfum wrote:
I personally would like to see the first 2 points make it in to POE 1 soon and maybe the 3rd point at some point in the future.

Let me know what y'all think and maybe bring this to devs attention?

The devs know full well what's going on in Path 2. The problem is that Path 1 is old, busted,c creaky, and difficult to fix or modify. Not only because the code base sucks, but because PoE1 players are amongst the mosty angry, spitty, hostile, and resistant-to-change gamer bases I've ever seen. Chris can't even tweak a number or two here or there without people flipping the fuck out and screaming about THE DOOM OF ALL HUMANKIND FOREVEEEER!!!!!. Changing core fundamental systems in Path 1 to be more Path 2-like? Nah. Sorry friend, but that's a pipe dream.
"
1453R wrote:
Chris can't even tweak a number or two here or there without people flipping the fuck out and screaming about THE DOOM OF ALL HUMANKIND FOREVEEEER!!!!!.

Hyperbole Man strikes again.

I mean, it's a bit clear they lied and jumped ship from poe1. I just wonder how long will it take for them to speed up poe2 as well, 3-4 years maybe? Boomers can only hope they don't lie, again.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
I don't think it will. It is its own game now.
"
1453R wrote:
Imagine being able to run a 10k-mana Archmage build while also having eight reservations, as just one obvious example.

Im just cherrypicking to say this might make someone actually use Archmage lmao

it'll be back in the dumpster without crucible holding it up.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jul 30, 2023, 12:00:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info