Rather confused about Path of exile 2. Please answer.

Okay so.. They initially said they would have one game with two campaigns. Essentially making poe 2 a giant update. Now that philosophy has changed. It will be two different games. So what from poe 1 will be in poe 2?

I understand that mtx will transfer over.

1: Will poe 1 characters be available in poe 2 alongside the new characters?
2: Will ascendencies from poe 1 be available in poe 2?

I am a bit worried about the announcement about splitting the games. Because while i understand the limitations you solve from poe 1 by splitting the games. I am worried that the game itself will be changed a lot. Will a poe 1 player feel like it is the same game? or is it changed? Can we still clear entire screens in the late game?
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Jul 30, 2023, 8:37:08 AM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 11:13:39 AM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:

1: Will poe 1 characters be available in poe 2 alongside the new characters?
2: Will ascendencies from poe 1 be available in poe 2?

No and no.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
That is very sad.
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Jul 30, 2023, 8:41:58 AM
There's a huge fight in the forums right now between people who hate PoE2 because they cannot conceive of a game where you cannot move twelve hundred percent faster than normal and generate nine hundred projectiles a second to clear Uber content in under five seconds and the people who are super jazzed for PoE2 because the gameplay looks stellar and the design direction is intriguing.

Essentially, a fight between people who think the utterly broken, beyond batshit scaling possible in the first game is the only reason for the game's existence and people who want to play a game when they play Path of Exile. It's been pretty vicious so far, Religion of Zoom people have not been kind.
"
1453R wrote:
There's a huge fight in the forums right now between people who hate PoE2 because they cannot conceive of a game where you cannot move twelve hundred percent faster than normal and generate nine hundred projectiles a second to clear Uber content in under five seconds and the people who are super jazzed for PoE2 because the gameplay looks stellar and the design direction is intriguing.

Essentially, a fight between people who think the utterly broken, beyond batshit scaling possible in the first game is the only reason for the game's existence and people who want to play a game when they play Path of Exile. It's been pretty vicious so far, Religion of Zoom people have not been kind.

I am very hyped for poe 2. I do not care to much about the speed. But losing the content of poe 1 just feels bad to me. I understand i can play both games. But it would just be better for me to have everything in poe 2.
Everyone has opinions, sometimes they are extreme and GGG has to choose what to do

I'm glad that at least they try, maybe they won't work out, but they don't go easy as blizard does now

And for that they deserves respect. We will have Two game, maybe they will be different and maybe after some time you will stop seeing the differences
and then only one will remain
Fwiw people got overhyped on statements made by ggg like 5 years ago.

Poe2s's showcase was very lackluster over what was announced previously. Graphics are nice, but not a selling point.

Also People here think any other arpg is basically a insult. You'd think d3/4 killed their parents in an alley the way People go after them.

I have always thought poe2 was a doa game. Not because it is bad, but because these devs are allergic to qol changes. And it is full of really bad hostile design. It's going to be a massive grindy timesink that feels like work, like poe.

Now we don't know if it will have maps. Might be nightmare dungeons.... who knows?

Maybe it will be better. I dunno. Poe is tolerable to a point. Depends in the league of the game is fun or not.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jul 30, 2023, 11:20:00 AM
As I see it it will be two games, similar but with obvious differences.

POE 1 will remain as it is now, but with the obvious new leagues every three moths.
POE 2 will be a different game, in story, and endgame (I think), with 12 new classes each with 3 ascendencies. So basically in POE 2 you will be able to choose one of the original POE1 classes, except scion (guess they removed her from POE2), and one of six new classes only available in POE2.

I know many people do not like this, but if you really love POE 1 you can still enjoy it; even if POE 2 is not quite up your alley. Personally, I'll play both, but will focus more on POE2 because it's gonna be the new toy.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

I am very hyped for poe 2. I do not care to much about the speed. But losing the content of poe 1 just feels bad to me. I understand i can play both games. But it would just be better for me to have everything in poe 2.

It depends what you mean about losing content.
If you mean all, your already existing characters, items, currency, then no, PoE 2 is brand new start in that regards.

On the other hand, enormous amount of content is being reimagined in PoE 2.

Classes and Ascendancies, yes, they are in. Game has 12 classes (including 6 from PoE 1), 36 Ascendancies, 3 per class. Although they might work slightly differently than original ones.

End-game league content, a lot of it is being porter in some way to PoE 2.

Unique items, again, iconic ones reimagined for new mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info