Gem availability in PoE 2

I've heard rumors about limited gem availability in PoE 2 similar to Ruthless mode in PoE 1. Are they true? I can't find a source.
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 5:10:01 AM
There was limited availability for them in the demo you could play at exilecon.
But it was never stated that it'll stay that way. Most likely it was this way for the demo so you wouldn't just kill everything in a hit or two and would actually see animations and so on.
So you can still go to vendors to buy them? I can live without Quicksilver flasks, but not being able to play a build I like because I can't find the gems I need (except for Exceptional gems, of course) will deter me from playing PoE 2.
Gems are not sold at vendors in PoE 2.
They are drop only...but...BUT
They drop as uncut gems, which you inscribe to the skill of your choice. Any skill you want, no class limitations.

Devs have stated they will drop often enough that you will have more than you need.

They also drop leveled, level appropriate for the level of zone they dropped in, and that they will have exactly 2 support sockets.

You increase sockets, with 3 types of jewlers, most commone raises them to 3 supports, next to 4, and lastly to 5. This is deterministic, only one jeweler is needed for each raise.

Similarly, chromes will be deterministic. A single chrom will let you choose the color of a single support socket.

No more spamming of fuses, jewelers and chromes.
"
Odif wrote:
Gems are not sold at vendors in PoE 2.
They are drop only...but...BUT
They drop as uncut gems, which you inscribe to the skill of your choice. Any skill you want, no class limitations.

Cool, thanks!
One more thing. Where do they mention uncut gems on stream? I'd really like to see the announcement and discussion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info