All Characters Gone After Steam Link

I recently created a pathofexile.com account and tried to trade, but got a pop-up that my account was offline (I was in-game) and that I should link my account to Steam. I followed the steps and linked my account. The next time I logged into the Steam POE, my characters were gone. I have read up on the issue and am hoping support can help recover the characters. I sent an email to support with relevant information and have not received a response. Is there any way to get a status update on my issue? Thanks!
Hey there,

If you have sent an email through, I'm afraid you will need to wait for a response. We are experiencing high volumes of support requests right now but rest assured we will respond as soon as possible!

Will I receive any confirmation when the email has been received? It has been more than a day and I did not get an automated reply or a ticket number. I just want to make sure my request made it to the right place and that I'm in the queue. Appreciate any help, thanks!
Hey there,

I have had a look and can confirm we have received your email, I'm afraid we take on support requests as we receive them, I apologise again for any delay in response. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Great, thanks for confirming!
hey bro ,i have the same issue.have you got any receive yet cause i have been waiting like 2 days
That's a bummer. It's been a day and a half for me, no word yet. Hoping it gets resolved soon as I don't have much time to play and was hoping to be able to this weekend. This is my first poe season as a long time Diablo player. I've been having a good time and things were just starting to ramp up as I was reaching the end of leveling. Really hope I can get the characters back soon
"
That's a bummer. It's been a day and a half for me, no word yet. Hoping it gets resolved soon as I don't have much time to play and was hoping to be able to this weekend. This is my first poe season as a long time Diablo player. I've been having a good time and things were just starting to ramp up as I was reaching the end of leveling. Really hope I can get the characters back soon

If you get any reply from them plz let me know.Waiting for an uncertain thing is so hard for me.For sure i will let you know as soon as i get any reply.
"
If you get any reply from them plz let me know.Waiting for an uncertain thing is so hard for me.For sure i will let you know as soon as i get any reply.

They can 100% fix this.

The characters weren’t deleted; the Steam account’s link to your original Path of Exile account got overwritten by the link to the one created through the website as it isn’t possible to merge two Path of Exile accounts or to have a Steam account linked to several Path of Exile accounts at once.

People who create their account through Steam should use the Sign In Through STEAM button on the website’s log in page instead - that’s literally why it’s there.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
This is the Poe account I get logged into when I click Sign-In Through Steam. I only started looking into linking my Steam account because I was trying to trade and it said I wasn't online even when I was in-game, so I figured I was missing a link. There should really be a better self-service interface that both outlines the affects of the link and shows the orphan connections so users can handle this themselves. It's two fold because I'm wasting support's time on a trivial issue, and I haven't been able to play Poe all weekend. Going on 3 days with no response for what should be a trivial fix that is blocking me from interacting with the game at all is quite frustrating. Looking at previous Forums I can see this issue appears quite frequently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info