[3.20] Cold DoT Blade Curse Vortex

Hello Exiles!

My background:
Spoiler
I have about 2700 hours im PoE, i have being playing since october 2020

My PoE account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hunter372/characters

Search for FaithHunterrrr if it does go there directly.

How does the build work:

The build works by multiple trigger process that happen automatic:

Spoiler

1 - Your blade vortex will be on all the time, in my case i have on the right side of the mouse and i have my vortex on my left side to automatic trigger when i move forward, just like your normal vortex dot build.

2 - Blade vortex skill(numbers or level is irrelevant), what we want from this skill is the effect of the spining blades around you creating this sort of aura without any of the madatory process's that aura requires, this is important to understand because this is what will trigger our curse effects.

3 - Curse trigger effect: Our 6 leak is a combo of blade vortex + 3 curses + Hextouch + Hex Bloom.

So how that this all work? Basically, you press Blade Vortex that will create a "aura" of blades around you that will hit all the time, so a circle of mobs will be hit and it will automatic apply all 3 curses and then a second process happen that either it will be trigger by Vortex damage(or Vaal Cold Snap) that will kill the initial group of mobs and this will trigger a chain event where the curses will be spread to all the mobs in 30 radius(+ aditional 9 at level 21), meaning every mob on your screen will be automatic curse, regardless if you even hit the mob or not.

Ther curses will have a very long time effect, so it will give more then enough time to not have to worry about anything, this is very important because a lot of mobs in this game do projectile damage so having does curses stay there is important.

What curses do i use and why?

- We have 2 main curses, Enfeeble and Punishment, Enfeeble is important to reduce the damage of all the mobs on the screen and punishment as 2 important effect, increase damage on enemies on low life(this can combo with Profane bloom) and the moment you get hit by enemy their movement speed and damage is reduce.

Your 3 curse will depend on your gear, on the PoB it explains my option since i went with frostbite and then later change to Temporal Chains, but you can choose whatever you feel it is better.

Pros:

Spoiler
+ Clear maps in minutes
+ Tank
+ Amazing AOE
+ Under 1 divine budget to work
+ Requires only 1 unique but you can make it work without it
+ Very fun to play
+ Easy to level

Cons:

Spoiler

- Single Target Damage

Explain the Con:

Spoiler
My only con with this build is it single target damage, however, this can be fix by spending some divines and bring the budget up.

The only single target damage you should run in terms of problems is Delirium Boss and the Beyond bosses, does can be quit tanking so you have to bring them close to other mobs to trigger the profane bloom to help you bring it is health down until 50%, once at 50% the pushiment effect will trigger and the boss no longer becomes a problem.

What can this build do in terms of content?

"
- This build main goal is for mapping, but the build can do all the content in the game even at lower budget, the only real problem is Maven do to the "brain second phase", in that case, you can pick the node "Last Rites" this will prevant the boss from regenarating his shield and that will make that boss a little easier, tough this fights will take quit some time, once again, this is not a boss build.

Notes:

PoB in down here, you can acess to 3 different gem level's, 2 different budget versions, 2 different cluster options and 2 different sets of utility flask( you can toggle between them to see the difference).

The first version will cost less then 1 divine, everything is super cheap to get even at day 1 with the unique ring being the most expensive thing(it was at 50c i believe) while the high budget can cost between 50 to 100 divines, cant quit remember how much i spent on the build, the prices will go down with time so if you are coming here to do a late build.

Can either be played on solo self found or trade league, most of the stuff is easy acessible or cheap.

All the itens in the PoB have the madatory stats that you will need, you need to fill the rest with resistances need it since this varys from user to user.

The build offers full aliment immunity, between 10 to 20k armor, depending on your itens, 100% spell supression with Quartz flask on, you have a respectable movement speed. For more detail info you can get on the Calcs section of PoB.

If you have any question regarding the build feel free to ask, hope you all enjoy it since i had a lot fun make it.

POB: https://pastebin.com/z53B4VCa

"
Video with the build on Delirium Tier 16 map, sorry for the drop frames. The screen freezing seems to be a bug from the Hex Bloom + Profane bloom combo, when you do a big explosion the screen will freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, nothing can be done about fix it outside of GGG themselves.

Build Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuM-CsxrSCQ&ab_channel=Hunter
Last edited by Hunter372 on Dec 29, 2022, 10:07:18 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2022, 10:05:32 AM
Can you post a leveling guide?
You have your account set to private for character viewing.

It sounds reasonably interesting, but you have a LOT of buttons you are pushing to do dps, so I'm not sure how fluid the gameplay would be? Are you running around T16s popping groups with just vortex and blade vortex?
"
iceiceice1 wrote:
Can you post a leveling guide?

I dont sorry. You can follow any vortex leveling guide and when you finish act 10, shift to the budget version of both the tree, gems and itens, it is farly easy to change.

"
Pathological wrote:
You have your account set to private for character viewing.

It sounds reasonably interesting, but you have a LOT of buttons you are pushing to do dps, so I'm not sure how fluid the gameplay would be? Are you running around T16s popping groups with just vortex and blade vortex?

Sorry for the late response, chritimas. You should be able to see it now.

Basically yes, you only really need to press your movement skill and blade vortex. Vortex you automatic deploy and you press vaal cold snap when it is ready. You run around with your movement skill more then anything, you dont do anything else and Blade vortex you dont need to always press, since it has a fairly decent uptime with the blades.

And to your last question, you can do t16 and even delirium maps.
Last edited by Hunter372 on Dec 26, 2022, 3:21:28 PM
Video with the build on Delirium Tier 16 map, sorry for the drop frames. The screen freezing seems to be a bug from the Hex Bloom + Profane bloom combo, when you do a big explosion the screen will freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, nothing can be done about fix it outside of GGG themselves.

Build Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuM-CsxrSCQ&ab_channel=Hunter
Last edited by Hunter372 on Dec 29, 2022, 10:07:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info