Unique enemy is in your presence question

So I'm crafting a pair of gloves for my skelly mages build and I was spamming Ichors for effect of mark and hit this "while a unique enemy is in your presence.." instead, and I'm primarily a boss killer and I also don't use my mark in maps, so since I only use my mark on unique enemies like Maven, Sirus, etc. isn't it technically better since the roll is higher? My question is though, what is "In your presence" ? Does anybody know how far that is?
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2022, 12:05:38 AM
also looking for the answer to this same question. :(
My assumption is it works like an aura and have some "radius". I didnt find any particular info on the matter tho...
Would be great to have an answer from devs because for example radius of "nearby" can vary from 25 to 60 units.
Last edited by s0mbr on Feb 15, 2022, 11:53:40 PM
It shouldn't be binded to radius around you, otherwise it would just say "nearby".
I found "Presence Range" stat in Character Screen - Misc
Its the exact same distance as nearby.
Presence radius is 80 units, which covers basically the whole screen aside from the corner areas.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
seaman wrote:
I found "Presence Range" stat in Character Screen - Misc
Niсe one.

So this is a basically nearby with specific fixed range? That rises some questions.

– Why did they introduce this new keyword when its function is already covered by "nearby"?
For some reason they decided to destinguish ranges of the new implicits to a separate group and gave it a name. I mean a good thing about nearby is it allows GGG to not introduce new area-range related keywords, that's why we didn't get any knew, with the exception of "close range". E.g. most of ascendancy notables' nearbies are 60 units, and those didn't get new keyword with range listing.

– Ah yes range listing, as a non-modifiable value that reveals the way a mechanic works, why it's not in advanced description but in character stat screen instead?

– Remember early teasers?

Maybe they unfinished "presence" mechanic and will expand it later or maybe they started sorting out "nearby" mess and will standartize the range system in future.
The explicit radius value approach seemed better, since it lets different things have different ranges and tells you what they are. They could have then replaced "nearby" with the actual range of things. "Presence" seems to introduce a new keyword just for one specific magic radius. I wonder if they're thinking about introducing modifiers to "presence range", since it shows up as a stat, like map modifiers that reduce presence range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info